Re: Why Windows sucks - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Why Windows sucks - Ubuntu ; RonB wrote: > chrisv wrote: > >> AqD wrote: >>> On Apr 11, 7:39 pm, White Spirit wrote: >>>> AqD wrote: >>>>> So what? >>>>> A lot of linux apps are a hundred years behind their windows >>>>> counterparts. >>>> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Re: Why Windows sucks

  1. Re: Why Windows sucks

    RonB wrote:
    > chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> AqD wrote:
    >>> On Apr 11, 7:39 pm, White Spirit wrote:
    >>>> AqD wrote:
    >>>>> So what?
    >>>>> A lot of linux apps are a hundred years behind their windows
    >>>>> counterparts.
    >>>>
    >>>> It depends on the app. But the application is not part of the OS,
    >>>> so it's a moot point. With a better OS, the same app will run
    >>>> better.
    >>>
    >>> Yes but an OS is useless itself without apps.

    >>
    >> Moot point. I don't believe lusers do actual work.

    >
    > Yeah, they're too busy trying to get Windows to not crash -- or
    > downloading updates and rebooting -- or updating their anti-spyware
    > and anti-virus. And we're not even talking about Vista ME here.


    Not quite. Most Windows users are quite competent at getting Windows to work
    without the problems you describe. Did you fail miserably trying to get a
    Windows system to run?



  2. Re: Why Windows sucks

    chrisv wrote:

    >> Yeah, they're too busy trying to get Windows to not crash -- or
    >> downloading updates and rebooting -- or updating their anti-spyware
    >> and anti-virus. And we're not even talking about Vista ME here.

    >
    > Not quite. Most Windows users are quite competent at getting Windows to
    > work without the problems you describe. Did you fail miserably trying to
    > get a Windows system to run?


    Yeah, right. In your imaginary LaLa Land. That far-off place, deep inside
    your empty head, where Windows Vista ME is actually a viable product.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  3. Re: Why Windows sucks

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:47:08 -0700, "chrisv"
    wrote:

    >RonB wrote:
    >> chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >>> AqD wrote:
    >>>> On Apr 11, 7:39 pm, White Spirit wrote:
    >>>>> AqD wrote:
    >>>>>> So what?
    >>>>>> A lot of linux apps are a hundred years behind their windows
    >>>>>> counterparts.


    Windoze is that old? No wonder it doesn't work.


    Roy Strachan - Registered Linux User 469226

  4. Re: Why Windows sucks

    RonB wrote:
    > chrisv wrote:
    >
    >>> Yeah, they're too busy trying to get Windows to not crash -- or
    >>> downloading updates and rebooting -- or updating their anti-spyware
    >>> and anti-virus. And we're not even talking about Vista ME here.

    >>
    >> Not quite. Most Windows users are quite competent at getting Windows
    >> to work without the problems you describe. Did you fail miserably
    >> trying to get a Windows system to run?

    >
    > Yeah, right. In your imaginary LaLa Land. That far-off place, deep
    > inside your empty head, where Windows Vista ME is actually a viable
    > product.


    I'll accept that as your admission of abject failure.



  5. Re: Why Windows sucks

    chrisv wrote:

    > RonB wrote:
    >> chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >>>> Yeah, they're too busy trying to get Windows to not crash -- or
    >>>> downloading updates and rebooting -- or updating their anti-spyware
    >>>> and anti-virus. And we're not even talking about Vista ME here.
    >>>
    >>> Not quite. Most Windows users are quite competent at getting Windows
    >>> to work without the problems you describe. Did you fail miserably
    >>> trying to get a Windows system to run?

    >>
    >> Yeah, right. In your imaginary LaLa Land. That far-off place, deep
    >> inside your empty head, where Windows Vista ME is actually a viable
    >> product.

    >
    > I'll accept that as your admission of abject failure.


    You accept Vista ME as viable product. So much for *your* opinion.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  6. Re: Why Windows sucks

    RonB wrote:
    > chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> RonB wrote:
    >>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>> Yeah, they're too busy trying to get Windows to not crash -- or
    >>>>> downloading updates and rebooting -- or updating their
    >>>>> anti-spyware and anti-virus. And we're not even talking about
    >>>>> Vista ME here.
    >>>>
    >>>> Not quite. Most Windows users are quite competent at getting
    >>>> Windows to work without the problems you describe. Did you fail
    >>>> miserably trying to get a Windows system to run?
    >>>
    >>> Yeah, right. In your imaginary LaLa Land. That far-off place, deep
    >>> inside your empty head, where Windows Vista ME is actually a viable
    >>> product.

    >>
    >> I'll accept that as your admission of abject failure.

    >
    > You accept Vista ME as viable product. So much for *your* opinion.


    TRANSLATION: "I have no argument for that." (--except squealing like a
    little girl.)


















  7. Re: Why Windows sucks

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:54:51 -0700, Rebecca wrote:

    > RonB wrote:
    >> chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >>> RonB wrote:
    >>>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>>> Yeah, they're too busy trying to get Windows to not crash -- or
    >>>>>> downloading updates and rebooting -- or updating their
    >>>>>> anti-spyware and anti-virus. And we're not even talking about
    >>>>>> Vista ME here.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Not quite. Most Windows users are quite competent at getting
    >>>>> Windows to work without the problems you describe. Did you fail
    >>>>> miserably trying to get a Windows system to run?
    >>>>
    >>>> Yeah, right. In your imaginary LaLa Land. That far-off place, deep
    >>>> inside your empty head, where Windows Vista ME is actually a viable
    >>>> product.
    >>>
    >>> I'll accept that as your admission of abject failure.

    >>
    >> You accept Vista ME as viable product. So much for *your* opinion.

    >
    > TRANSLATION: "I have no argument for that." (--except squealing like a
    > little girl.)


    RonB is just another one of High Plains Thumper's (HPT) nyms.
    Totally brain dead, like the other 690 nyms.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  8. Re: Why Windows sucks

    Rebecca wrote:

    > TRANSLATION: "I have no argument for that." *(--except squealing like a
    > little girl.)


    Do what you want. I'm not stopping you.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

+ Reply to Thread