Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7 - Ubuntu ; On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 16:08:49 +0100, Homer wrote: > Windows software design is just far too convoluted. Coming from a Linux user this is quite a statement.................. -- Moshe Goldfarb Collector of soaps from around the globe. Please visit ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

  1. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 16:08:49 +0100, Homer wrote:
    >

    >> Windows software design is just far too convoluted.

    > Coming from a Linux user this is quite a statement..................

    Oh yeah? Are you able to compare linux source code to windows source code???
    I thought not...

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  3. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:12:23 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 16:08:49 +0100, Homer wrote:
    >

    >> Windows software design is just far too convoluted.

    > Coming from a Linux user this is quite a statement..................

    Coming from a Windoze use, this is quite a statement.............

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794

  4. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Jerry McBride wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 16:08:49 +0100, Homer wrote:
    >>

    >>> Windows software design is just far too convoluted.

    >> Coming from a Linux user this is quite a statement..................
    >>

    > Oh yeah? Are you able to compare linux source code to windows source
    > code??? I thought not...

    Why do you think that's essential???

  5. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:02:13 -0400, Fred Williams wrote:

    > On Saturday 12 April 2008 11:12, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 16:08:49 +0100, Homer wrote:
    >>

    >>> Windows software design is just far too convoluted.

    >> Coming from a Linux user this is quite a statement..................
    >>

    > What a load of crap. Windows is far more convoluted because they have
    > all this deception, and hidden commercial agendas, to maintain. Linux
    > is far less convoluted and open, because it's free and that means it's
    > free to be functional, without convolutions.

    Sure....
    That's why Linux has 600+ different distributions.
    That's why Linux has 10 different sound systems.
    That's why Linux has at least 5 different package managers.

    Would you like me to continue?

    Point is, that is why Linux is convoluted.
    Too many Indians and not enough Chiefs.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    "Moshe Goldfarb" wrote in message
    > On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:02:13 -0400, Fred Williams wrote:

    >>> Coming from a Linux user this is quite a statement..................
    >>>

    >> What a load of crap. Windows is far more convoluted because they
    >> have
    >> all this deception, and hidden commercial agendas, to maintain. Linux
    >> is far less convoluted and open, because it's free and that means it's
    >> free to be functional, without convolutions.

    > Sure....
    > That's why Linux has 600+ different distributions.
    > That's why Linux has 10 different sound systems.
    > That's why Linux has at least 5 different package managers.

    Sure beats WeSaySo Corp (M$).

    > Would you like me to continue?

    Not particularily, but I am sure you will.

    > Point is, that is why Linux is convoluted.
    > Too many Indians and not enough Chiefs.

    Indians do the work.

    M$ is best compared to too many chiefs. 6 years for Vista...whew. What a
    waste.

  7. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    > Sure....
    > That's why Linux has 600+ different distributions.

    So what?

    > That's why Linux has 10 different sound systems.

    How many different ones can you find for windows machines?

    > That's why Linux has at least 5 different package managers.

    And you can, if you want use any or none of them.
    How many different places can you go to get Windows programs?

    > Would you like me to continue?

    You could but what difference does it make? Don't like it don't use it.

    > Point is, that is why Linux is convoluted.
    > Too many Indians and not enough Chiefs.

    So what? Personally and many that I know don't like just one choice in
    anything we do.
    caver1

  8. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:20:39 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:02:13 -0400, Fred Williams wrote:

    >>> Coming from a Linux user this is quite a statement..................
    >>>

    >> What a load of crap. Windows is far more convoluted because they have
    >> all this deception, and hidden commercial agendas, to maintain. Linux
    >> is far less convoluted and open, because it's free and that means it's
    >> free to be functional, without convolutions.

    > Sure....
    > That's why Linux has 600+ different distributions.
    > That's why Linux has 10 different sound systems.
    > That's why Linux has at least 5 different package managers.
    >
    > Would you like me to continue?

    Does it matter to you what others like, no.

    > Point is, that is why Linux is convoluted.

    You never had a point.

    > Too many Indians and not enough Chiefs.

    One word, Vista.

    Oh and don't forget the ensuing laughter:

    bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahah

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794

  9. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Canuck57 wrote:

    > M$ is best compared to too many chiefs. *6 years for Vista...whew. *What a
    > waste.

    Amazing, isn't it? Micro$haft is flailing.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  10. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    caver1 wrote:

    >> Sure....
    >> That's why Linux has 600+ different distributions.

    > So what?

    Not a problem for those of us who actually *use* Linux. Only a "problem" for
    WinTrolls who don't use Linux anyhow. They desperately need some new FUD.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  11. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Meat Plow wrote:

    > One word, Vista.

    Two words, Vista ME.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  12. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Jerry McBride writes:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 16:08:49 +0100, Homer wrote:
    >>

    >>> Windows software design is just far too convoluted.

    >> Coming from a Linux user this is quite a statement..................
    >>

    > Oh yeah? Are you able to compare linux source code to windows source code???
    > I thought not...

    And the last time you compared kernel source code Jerry?

    Most of the decent OSS is also available for Windows - source code,
    warts and all.

    --
    "Just think, consumers are not sold on XP, and Microsoft shelled out
    some major $$$ to develop this thing. This is a great opportunity for

  13. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 22:41:45 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Jerry McBride writes:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> Coming from a Linux user this is quite a statement..................
    >>>

    >> Oh yeah? Are you able to compare linux source code to windows source code???
    >> I thought not...

    > And the last time you compared kernel source code Jerry?
    >
    > Most of the decent OSS is also available for Windows - source code,
    > warts and all.

    Yea.
    That's like saying well buy the Ford Focus because with every car we
    include the design specs for the seats, doors, dip stick etc.

    Sure you might get 1 nut out of 10,000 buyers for whom this might be an
    important factor.
    However the 9,999 buyers could car less.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  14. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Hadron wrote:

    > Most of the decent OSS is also available for Windows - source code,
    > warts and all.

    Good point.

    The much-larger user base of a cross-platform app justifies to its
    developers that they put more effort into its development. Those
    developers are the folks that have the most effect nowadays breaking the
    MS monopoly---by providing solid apps that make the OS less relevant.

  15. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 22:41:45 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Jerry McBride writes:

    >>> Oh yeah? Are you able to compare linux source code to windows
    >>> source code??? I thought not...

    >> And the last time you compared kernel source code Jerry?
    >>
    >> Most of the decent OSS is also available for Windows - source code,
    >> warts and all.

    > Yea.
    > That's like saying well buy the Ford Focus because with every car we
    > include the design specs for the seats, doors, dip stick etc.
    >
    > Sure you might get 1 nut out of 10,000 buyers for whom this might be
    > an important factor.
    > However the 9,999 buyers could car less.

    Car - less...A Spanish victim of auto-theft.

    --
    http://www.kustomkomputa.co.uk
    - Personalised Desktop Computers

  16. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 23:27:03 +0100, Dr.Hal0nf1r$ wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> And the last time you compared kernel source code Jerry?
    >>>
    >>> Most of the decent OSS is also available for Windows - source code,
    >>> warts and all.

    >> Yea.
    >> That's like saying well buy the Ford Focus because with every car we
    >> include the design specs for the seats, doors, dip stick etc.
    >>
    >> Sure you might get 1 nut out of 10,000 buyers for whom this might be
    >> an important factor.
    >> However the 9,999 buyers could car less.

    > Car - less...A Spanish victim of auto-theft.

    Hahahahahahha!!!!!
    A beauty!!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  17. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    I guess convolution sells ...

    You should try packaging your logic and sell it .. might be able to retire

    Rich

  18. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    >> Sure you might get 1 nut out of 10,000 buyers for whom this might be
    >> an important factor.
    >> However the 9,999 buyers could car less.

    > Car - less...A Spanish victim of auto-theft.

    You ever hear of Insurance? Or was that clunker of yours too cheap to
    insure? lol Well at least they didn't steal your 386 PC, you can still run
    Linux.

    > --
    > http://www.kustomkomputa.co.uk
    > - Personalised Desktop Computers

  19. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    "Moshe Goldfarb" wrote in message
    > On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:02:13 -0400, Fred Williams wrote:

    >>> Coming from a Linux user this is quite a statement..................
    >>>

    >> What a load of crap. Windows is far more convoluted because they
    >> have
    >> all this deception, and hidden commercial agendas, to maintain. Linux
    >> is far less convoluted and open, because it's free and that means it's
    >> free to be functional, without convolutions.

    Yep, cheap and built to stay that way haha

    > Sure....
    > That's why Linux has 600+ different distributions.
    > That's why Linux has 10 different sound systems.
    > That's why Linux has at least 5 different package managers.
    >
    > Would you like me to continue?
    >
    > Point is, that is why Linux is convoluted.
    > Too many Indians and not enough Chiefs.
    >

    > --
    > Moshe Goldfarb
    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  20. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Little Billy wrote:

    > Yep, cheap and built to stay that way *haha

    Ah, the WinTroll. A moron and proud of it.