Web-cam recommendations - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Web-cam recommendations - Ubuntu ; I want to get a cheap and cheerful web-cam to use with skype. Needless to say all the packages only list windoze compatibility. What works for you in *buntu?...

  1. Web-cam recommendations

    I want to get a cheap and cheerful web-cam to use with skype. Needless to
    say all the packages only list windoze compatibility. What works for you
    in *buntu?

  2. Re: Web-cam recommendations

    Derek Turner wrote:
    > I want to get a cheap and cheerful web-cam to use with skype. Needless to
    > say all the packages only list windoze compatibility. What works for you
    > in *buntu?

    Do you have a budget?

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.24.4

  3. Re: Web-cam recommendations

    Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) wrote:
    > Derek Turner wrote:
    >> I want to get a cheap and cheerful web-cam to use with skype. Needless to
    >> say all the packages only list windoze compatibility. What works for you
    >> in *buntu?

    > Do you have a budget?

    well, I said cheap and cheerful. say UKpounds 20?

  4. Re: Web-cam recommendations

    >> Do you have a budget?
    > well, I said cheap and cheerful. say UKpounds 20?

    Now we have a number to start...

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.24.4
    ^ ^ 20:35:01 up 11 days 1:46 1 user load average: 1.06 1.08 1.07
    (CSSA):

  5. Re: Web-cam recommendations

    Derek Turner wrote:
    > I want to get a cheap and cheerful web-cam to use with skype. Needless to
    > say all the packages only list windoze compatibility. What works for you
    > in *buntu?

    I have a Philips SPC215NC/00, bought at a food discounter (Lidl).
    Disadvantage: the image is upside-down, but if you live with turning the
    camera upside-down, it has a good, bright picture.

    Our daughter has a Creative VF0220. I find the image rather dark.

    Can't remember the prices, though they can't have been too expensive.

    Josef
    --
    Mails please to josef dot moellers
    and I'm on gmx dot de.

  6. Re: Web-cam recommendations

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:18:16 +0000, Derek Turner wrote:

    > I want to get a cheap and cheerful web-cam to use with skype. Needless to
    > say all the packages only list windoze compatibility. What works for you
    > in *buntu?

    I use a Logitech Quickcam Communicate ZX in Kopete in Kubu 7.10.

+ Reply to Thread