Unistalling an Update? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Unistalling an Update? - Ubuntu ; Is there an easy way, or is it even possible, to reverse an upgrade? The last one I did (on Hardy) really messed up my wireless. I can no longer connect to my wireless network, and if I try and ...

  1. Unistalling an Update?

    Is there an easy way, or is it even possible, to reverse an upgrade?
    The last one I did (on Hardy) really messed up my wireless. I can no
    longer connect to my wireless network, and if I try and switch between
    wired and wireless using the nm-applet, the system just hangs.

    The applet shows several available networks, but I am unable to
    connect to any of them.

    I tried reverting to the previous kernel image at boot, but that
    didn't make any difference.

    I guess I'm just too used to Windows' very obvious "uninstall"
    capability.
    --
    Jay (remove dashes for legal email address)

  2. Re: Unistalling an Update?

    On 2008-04-10, Jay Somerset wrote:
    > Is there an easy way, or is it even possible, to reverse an upgrade?

    Install the previous version is one way.

    The Heron is not out of the nest yet. Thus some glitches are to be expected.

+ Reply to Thread