Re: [News] Adobe and MSBBC Continue to Snub Microsoft's #1 Rival (GNU/Linux) - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Adobe and MSBBC Continue to Snub Microsoft's #1 Rival (GNU/Linux) - Ubuntu ; On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:38:13 +0100, [H]omer wrote: > Roy Schestowitz wrote: > >> BBC to launch iPlayer for Wii > > BBC to launch iPlayer for Amiga > BBC to launch iPlayer for Sinclair Spectrum > BBC to ...

  1. Re: [News] Adobe and MSBBC Continue to Snub Microsoft's #1 Rival (GNU/Linux)

    On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:38:13 +0100, [H]omer wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> BBC to launch iPlayer for Wii

    > BBC to launch iPlayer for Amiga
    > BBC to launch iPlayer for Sinclair Spectrum
    > BBC to launch iPlayer for HP48GX calculator
    > BBC to launch iPlayer for Tamagotchi
    > BBC to launch iPlayer for Casio watches
    > BBC to launch iPlayer for anything but Linux
    >
    > This is beyond bigotry, it's the most palpable anti-Linux conspiracy.
    >
    > Meanwhile:
    >
    > http://beebhack.bluwiki.com
    >
    > Screw you, MSBBC.

    When the BBC measured Linux at 0.8 percent of desktop market share, what
    possible reason could they come up with to support Linux, an OS that
    virtually nobody is using?

    Heck, even the iPhone is showing more browser hits than Linux is.

    It must be sad to be using Linux, the OS the world is ignoring.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: [News] Adobe and MSBBC Continue to Snub Microsoft's #1 Rival (GNU/Linux)

    "Moshe Goldfarb" wrote in message
    newsfbl71dh77k5$.g7w233fxr4ut$.dlg@40tude.net...
    > On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:38:13 +0100, [H]omer wrote:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> BBC to launch iPlayer for Wii

    >> BBC to launch iPlayer for Amiga
    >> BBC to launch iPlayer for Sinclair Spectrum
    >> BBC to launch iPlayer for HP48GX calculator
    >> BBC to launch iPlayer for Tamagotchi
    >> BBC to launch iPlayer for Casio watches
    >> BBC to launch iPlayer for anything but Linux
    >>
    >> This is beyond bigotry, it's the most palpable anti-Linux conspiracy.
    >>
    >> Meanwhile:
    >>
    >> http://beebhack.bluwiki.com
    >>
    >> Screw you, MSBBC.

    > When the BBC measured Linux at 0.8 percent of desktop market share, what
    > possible reason could they come up with to support Linux, an OS that
    > virtually nobody is using?
    >
    > Heck, even the iPhone is showing more browser hits than Linux is.
    >
    > It must be sad to be using Linux, the OS the world is ignoring.

    HAHAHA #1 Rival. What a bunch of bull****.
    The only thin linsux rivals is the turd I just left in the toilet.

  3. Re: [News] Adobe and MSBBC Continue to Snub Microsoft's #1 Rival (GNU/Linux)

    "ysdywmf" wrote in message
    news:9urLj.120285$du1.47816@fe12.news.easynews.com ...

    > "Moshe Goldfarb" wrote in message
    > newsfbl71dh77k5$.g7w233fxr4ut$.dlg@40tude.net...

    >>> BBC to launch iPlayer for Amiga
    >>> BBC to launch iPlayer for Sinclair Spectrum
    >>> BBC to launch iPlayer for HP48GX calculator
    >>> BBC to launch iPlayer for Tamagotchi
    >>> BBC to launch iPlayer for Casio watches
    >>> BBC to launch iPlayer for anything but Linux
    >>>
    >>> This is beyond bigotry, it's the most palpable anti-Linux conspiracy.
    >>>
    >>> Meanwhile:
    >>>
    >>> http://beebhack.bluwiki.com
    >>>
    >>> Screw you, MSBBC.

    >> When the BBC measured Linux at 0.8 percent of desktop market share, what
    >> possible reason could they come up with to support Linux, an OS that
    >> virtually nobody is using?
    >>
    >> Heck, even the iPhone is showing more browser hits than Linux is.
    >>
    >> It must be sad to be using Linux, the OS the world is ignoring.
    >>

    > HAHAHA #1 Rival. What a bunch of bull****.
    > The only thin linsux rivals is the turd I just left in the toilet.

    I wish google would publish the numbers. Going to write them and suggest
    such.

    Almost everyone uses google. Google would know both the browser and the OS
    demographics quite accurately. Paid for FUD statements are just that. Bet
    BBC gets to advertise for MS in the next month or so.

  4. Re: [News] Adobe and MSBBC Continue to Snub Microsoft's #1 Rival (GNU/Linux)

    "Canuck57" writes:

    > "ysdywmf" wrote in message
    > news:9urLj.120285$du1.47816@fe12.news.easynews.com ...
    >>
    >> "Moshe Goldfarb" wrote in message
    >> newsfbl71dh77k5$.g7w233fxr4ut$.dlg@40tude.net...

    >>> When the BBC measured Linux at 0.8 percent of desktop market share, what
    >>> possible reason could they come up with to support Linux, an OS that
    >>> virtually nobody is using?
    >>>
    >>> Heck, even the iPhone is showing more browser hits than Linux is.
    >>>
    >>> It must be sad to be using Linux, the OS the world is ignoring.
    >>>

    >> HAHAHA #1 Rival. What a bunch of bull****.
    >> The only thin linsux rivals is the turd I just left in the toilet.

    > I wish google would publish the numbers. Going to write them and suggest
    > such.
    >
    > Almost everyone uses google. Google would know both the browser and the OS
    > demographics quite accurately. Paid for FUD statements are just that. Bet
    > BBC gets to advertise for MS in the next month or so.

    The same BBC who refused to let Sony and MS dictate terms for their new
    platform releases? THAT BBC?

    How clueless can you be? You're almost as wrong as HPT.

    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a...o-iplayer.html

  5. Re: [News] Adobe and MSBBC Continue to Snub Microsoft's #1 Rival (GNU/Linux)

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb

    wrote
    on Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:06:14 -0400
    :
    > On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:38:13 +0100, [H]omer wrote:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> BBC to launch iPlayer for Wii

    >> BBC to launch iPlayer for Amiga
    >> BBC to launch iPlayer for Sinclair Spectrum
    >> BBC to launch iPlayer for HP48GX calculator
    >> BBC to launch iPlayer for Tamagotchi
    >> BBC to launch iPlayer for Casio watches
    >> BBC to launch iPlayer for anything but Linux
    >>
    >> This is beyond bigotry, it's the most palpable anti-Linux conspiracy.
    >>
    >> Meanwhile:
    >>
    >> http://beebhack.bluwiki.com
    >>
    >> Screw you, MSBBC.

    > When the BBC measured Linux at 0.8 percent of desktop market share,

    Oh good, it's gone up then. Didn't the Winvocates say it
    was 0.25% at one point, and 0.6% very recently?

    > what
    > possible reason could they come up with to support Linux, an OS that
    > virtually nobody is using?

    What possible reason could they come up with to support
    anything but Microsoft Windows? Even OSX only comes up
    to maybe 8%, and they can run Windows within VmWare, for
    additional cost. There's no reason, therefore, for the
    Beeb to support anything but the Vole.

    (Spot the Flaw.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #7878218:
    class C { private: virtual void stupid() = 0; };

  6. Re: [News] Adobe and MSBBC Continue to Snub Microsoft's #1 Rival (GNU/Linux)

    On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:09:54 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
    >
    > wrote
    > on Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:06:14 -0400
    > :

    >>> BBC to launch iPlayer for Amiga
    >>> BBC to launch iPlayer for Sinclair Spectrum
    >>> BBC to launch iPlayer for HP48GX calculator
    >>> BBC to launch iPlayer for Tamagotchi
    >>> BBC to launch iPlayer for Casio watches
    >>> BBC to launch iPlayer for anything but Linux
    >>>
    >>> This is beyond bigotry, it's the most palpable anti-Linux conspiracy.
    >>>
    >>> Meanwhile:
    >>>
    >>> http://beebhack.bluwiki.com
    >>>
    >>> Screw you, MSBBC.

    >> When the BBC measured Linux at 0.8 percent of desktop market share,

    > Oh good, it's gone up then. Didn't the Winvocates say it
    > was 0.25% at one point, and 0.6% very recently?

    It was about 0.25 percent for years.
    It made it to approximately 0.6 percent at some point.

    The BBC measured it at about 0.8 percent which I think is high due mostly
    in part to the Linux zealots slamming their site asking for player support.

    Whatever the number is, it is less than 1 percent and has been this way for
    over 10 years which is pathetic considering Linux is free.

    What the Linux community should do is figure what it is about Linux that
    people, average people, do not like and why these people run from Linux
    even to the point of buying something like the Eee and wiping Linux and
    installing Windows.

    Why?

    I sort of agree with Erik in that those Eee things and the clones are
    really big Blackberrys.
    Linux can easily handle the functions that the average person will use
    something like the Eee for.

    So why are so many people wiping Linux and installing Windows?

    This is a perfect chance for the Linux community to study what people don't
    like about Linux.

    But no.
    The Linux communities response is more distributions, more whining, more
    denial and more confusion.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: [News] Adobe and MSBBC Continue to Snub Microsoft's #1 Rival (GNU/Linux)

    A troll said:

    > It

    *PLONK*
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....If at first you don't succeed - so much for skydiving.

    Good to the last supper

  8. Re: [News] Adobe and MSBBC Continue to Snub Microsoft's #1 Rival (GNU/Linux)

    * Moshe Goldfarb peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > It was about 0.25 percent for years.
    > It made it to approximately 0.6 percent at some point.
    >
    > The BBC measured it at about 0.8 percent which I think is high due mostly
    > in part to the Linux zealots slamming their site asking for player support.
    >
    > Whatever the number is, it is less than 1 percent and has been this way for
    > over 10 years which is pathetic considering Linux is free.
    >
    > What the Linux community should do is figure what it is about Linux that
    > people, average people, do not like and why these people run from Linux
    > even to the point of buying something like the Eee and wiping Linux and
    > installing Windows.
    >
    > Why?
    >
    > I sort of agree with Erik in that those Eee things and the clones are
    > really big Blackberrys.
    > Linux can easily handle the functions that the average person will use
    > something like the Eee for.
    >
    > So why are so many people wiping Linux and installing Windows?
    >
    > This is a perfect chance for the Linux community to study what people don't
    > like about Linux.
    >
    > But no.
    > The Linux communities response is more distributions, more whining, more
    > denial and more confusion.

    So said the troll who adopted the name of a concentration-camp survivor.

    Linux is doing just fine. It isn't taking over the desktops, but it is
    providing a large (very large) number of technical people and some
    consumers with a reliable operating system, loaded in everything from
    RJ-45-connector-sized computers, to PDAs and phones, to supercomputers.

    The funny thing about Moshe's BS is this: Windows and Linux are far
    more /alike/ than they are different, at least in ordinary servers and
    desktop/laptop computers.

    Linux isn't for everyone, but it could be. All it needs is a company
    willing (and able) to go head-to-head against the 800-pound gorilla that
    Microsoft has been for almost two decades.

    Ironic, isn't it? The biggest competitor to Microsoft that remains
    standing is.... Free Software. Microsoft killed off the rest of them.

    --
    Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very
    efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning.

  9. Re: [News] Adobe and MSBBC Continue to Snub Microsoft's #1 Rival(GNU/Linux)

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >> Ironic, isn't it? The biggest competitor to Microsoft that remains
    >> standing is.... Free Software. Microsoft killed off the rest of them.

    > Yea, and still at less than 1 percent after 10 or more years.
    > What does that say?
    >
    > It's says Linux can't be given away and that people just don't like desktop
    > Linux.

    No, it says that until recently, Linux wasn't ready for prime time and
    you really did need to be computer savvy to use it and appreciate it. It
    also says that people are reluctant to change and MS is good at FUD.
    Vista is changing all that and prompting people to check out
    alternatives. The introduction of WPA and WGA has helped too. If it
    weren't for WPA and WGA, I probably would have never checked out Linux.

    Alias

  10. Re: [News] Adobe and MSBBC Continue to Snub Microsoft's #1 Rival (GNU/Linux)

    In article ,
    Linonut wrote:
    > Ironic, isn't it? The biggest competitor to Microsoft that remains
    > standing is.... Free Software. Microsoft killed off the rest of them.

    I seem to have missed the death of Apple...

    --
    --Tim Smith

  11. Re: [News] Adobe and MSBBC Continue to Snub Microsoft's #1 Rival (GNU/Linux)

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:27:01 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Linonut wrote:
    >> Ironic, isn't it? The biggest competitor to Microsoft that remains
    >> standing is.... Free Software. Microsoft killed off the rest of them.

    > I seem to have missed the death of Apple...

    It's printed right next to Microsoft in this weeks COLA obituary column.

    These people are absolutely stark raving mad.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  12. Re: [News] Adobe and MSBBC Continue to Snub Microsoft's #1 Rival (GNU/Linux)

    > In article ,
    > Linonut wrote:
    >> Ironic, isn't it? The biggest competitor to Microsoft that remains
    >> standing is.... Free Software. Microsoft killed off the rest of them.

    > I seem to have missed the death of Apple...

    Oh, Microsoft came close to killing off Apple, with help from Jobs and the
    Pepsi dude that replaced him.

    But thanks for the reminder that there is a commercial computer company
    not plugging Windows that has managed to survive and, lately, thrive
    while competing against Microsoft.

    Just remember that Apple got some help from Free Software.

    --
    Reinvent yourself!
    -- Bill Gates

  13. Re: [News] Adobe and MSBBC Continue to Snub Microsoft's #1 Rival (GNU/Linux)

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Tattoo Vampire

    wrote
    on Sun, 13 Apr 2008 11:06:57 -0400
    :
    > A troll said:
    >
    >> It

    > *PLONK*

    Oh, don't be too hard on Mushy YellowWater. His
    favorite OS is being hammered, so probably he is too.

    ;-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    /dev/signature: Resource temporarily unavailable