Re: Proud of everyone! - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Proud of everyone! - Ubuntu ; On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 22:30:40 -0400, DFS wrote: > ray wrote: >> So proud of everyone for letting our local DooFuS spew on and on >> unanswered. Maybe eventually he'll tire of his stupid game. > > Here's a ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  1. Re: Proud of everyone!

    On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 22:30:40 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > ray wrote:
    >> So proud of everyone for letting our local DooFuS spew on and on
    >> unanswered. Maybe eventually he'll tire of his stupid game.

    > Here's a clue for you, raytard: You really shouldn't be so proud that the
    > reality of Linux (a hanging/locking/freezing/glitchy mess) totally
    > contradicts the lies of your fellow Linux "advocates".

    Only in COLA does Linux work *perfectly* for all.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Proud of everyone!

    On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 23:14:58 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > the wharf rat wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >>> Only in COLA does Linux work *perfectly* for all.

    >> And in 100,000 machine rooms around the world. Linux is caught in the
    >> same chicken-egg software thing that helped kill OS/2 on the desktop,
    >> but you still can't build web farms on Windows...

    > I still find it odd that when one buys a Windows computer, it no
    > longer comes with installation media. If it gets borked, pony up for
    > another copy. That has a sense of deliberateness, to apparently garner
    > additional funds by requiring the purchaser to pony up additional bucks,
    > not to mention additional support software like anti-virus. Windows
    > Defender is not a top rated tool, wouldn't want it protecting my PC.

    That's because most have the restore image on a hidden partition and all
    that's needed is the kicker CD/DVD.
    It's much faster that way, however I suppose the $5.00 extra for
    installation media is a bit high for an unemployed Linux hack so I do
    understand your plight.

    Hey, at least the Windows companies SUPPORT their recovery media, unlike
    Dell's half assed support of Ubuntu.

    > OTOH, I am happy with my Ubuntu systems.

    Is your Dell Sytems Ubuntu installation media not supported by Dell as
    well?

    http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu_7.04

    "These images are both unofficial Dell recovery media. They are not
    officially Dell-supported. Do not call Dell Technical support with
    questions about this image, or software installed by this image, as they
    will not be able to help you. To get help, please send an email to the Dell
    linux-desktops mailing list."

    Hopefully you aren't having the Ubuntu lockup and freeze problems that
    others are screaming about.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  3. Re: Proud of everyone!

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >> I still find it odd that when one buys a Windows computer, it no
    >> longer comes with installation media. If it gets borked, pony up for
    >> another copy. That has a sense of deliberateness, to apparently garner
    >> additional funds by requiring the purchaser to pony up additional bucks,
    >> not to mention additional support software like anti-virus. Windows
    >> Defender is not a top rated tool, wouldn't want it protecting my PC.

    > That's because most have the restore image on a hidden partition and all
    > that's needed is the kicker CD/DVD.

    And absolutely useless if the HDD fails.

    --
    Registered Linux user # 468070

  4. Re: Proud of everyone!

    "qmod" wrote in message
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >>> I still find it odd that when one buys a Windows computer, it no
    >>> longer comes with installation media. If it gets borked, pony up for
    >>> another copy. That has a sense of deliberateness, to apparently garner
    >>> additional funds by requiring the purchaser to pony up additional bucks,
    >>> not to mention additional support software like anti-virus. Windows
    >>> Defender is not a top rated tool, wouldn't want it protecting my PC.

    >> That's because most have the restore image on a hidden partition and all
    >> that's needed is the kicker CD/DVD.

    > And absolutely useless if the HDD fails.

    That would be why the ones that don't come with disks have a utility that
    pops up and asks the user to write a recovery disk.
    Anyway most of the Vista machines I have seen do come with recovery DVDs. My
    Samsung came with both, you can recover it by pressing a key at boot up or
    by using the DVD. Its the first thing I tested BTW and I wiped it just to
    see what recovery was like incase I needed to do it in anger. About 35
    minutes using the DVD.

    I believe Dell doesn't come with a recovery disk but I haven't bought a Dell
    in years.
    Do the linux Dells come with recovery media or a recovery partition?

  5. Re: Proud of everyone!

    "qmod" wrote in message
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >>> I still find it odd that when one buys a Windows computer, it no
    >>> longer comes with installation media. If it gets borked, pony up for
    >>> another copy. That has a sense of deliberateness, to apparently garner
    >>> additional funds by requiring the purchaser to pony up additional bucks,
    >>> not to mention additional support software like anti-virus. Windows
    >>> Defender is not a top rated tool, wouldn't want it protecting my PC.

    >> That's because most have the restore image on a hidden partition and all
    >> that's needed is the kicker CD/DVD.

    > And absolutely useless if the HDD fails.

    If you are f*cking stupid enough to wait until the drive fails you deserve
    it dickhead

  6. Re: Proud of everyone!

    On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 23:32:05 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 22:30:40 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> ray wrote:
    >>> So proud of everyone for letting our local DooFuS spew on and on
    >>> unanswered. Maybe eventually he'll tire of his stupid game.

    >> Here's a clue for you, raytard: You really shouldn't be so proud that
    >> the reality of Linux (a hanging/locking/freezing/glitchy mess) totally
    >> contradicts the lies of your fellow Linux "advocates".

    > Only in COLA does Linux work *perfectly* for all.

    Hey - and now we hear from DooFuS Jr. If you could read and comprehend,
    you'd see that I never indicate the Linux works perfectly for all! It also
    is not the disaster that DooFuS makes out.

  7. Re: Proud of everyone!

    >On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 23:32:05 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >> Only in COLA does Linux work *perfectly* for all.

    Why bother with such obvious lies? I dare say no one believes a word
    you say. Is there some kind of thrill to being a shameless, obvious,
    liar?

  8. Re: Proud of everyone!

    "chrisv" schreef in bericht
    newsjopv39tv1umc7topf6jn5i8m851p44i66@4ax.com...
    > >On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 23:32:05 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Only in COLA does Linux work *perfectly* for all.

    > Why bother with such obvious lies? I dare say no one believes a word
    > you say. Is there some kind of thrill to being a shameless, obvious,
    > liar?

    Ask PIK, Peter Idiot Köhlmann:

    "Linux is perfect at everything"; Peter Köhlmann: "It is"
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....&output=gplain
    --
    BWAHAHAHAHAAAAH!
    Linux makes you smart!

  9. Re: Proud of everyone!

    dennis@home wrote:

    > > And absolutely useless if the HDD fails.

    > That would be why the ones that don't come with disks have a
    > utility that pops up and asks the user to write a recovery disk.

    What the **** good is a recovery disk going to do if you have a
    dead drive, you congenital idiot?

  10. Re: Proud of everyone!

    "Anonymous Sender" wrote in message
    news:44e67ea82f21fcfec8e8303ded7ff415@remailer.met acolo.com...
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >
    >> > And absolutely useless if the HDD fails.

    >> That would be why the ones that don't come with disks have a
    >> utility that pops up and asks the user to write a recovery disk.

    > What the **** good is a recovery disk going to do if you have a
    > dead drive, you congenital idiot?

    cretin..
    why not just edit the post instead of missing the bits out that say it
    prompts the user to make a recovery disk which you then use to recover the
    new disk.
    I suggest you move to the Mac group as you are too stupid to have linux or
    windows.
    In fact you are probably too stupid to have a computer.

  11. Re: Proud of everyone!

    In <44e67ea82f21fcfec8e8303ded7ff415@remailer.metacolo .com> Anonymous Sender:

    [Snip...]

    > if you have a dead drive, you congenital idiot?

    Earns a Darwin Award--too STOOPID to safely handle electrical applicances.

  12. Re: Proud of everyone!

    On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 14:51:16 -0500, Harold Stevens wrote:

    > In <44e67ea82f21fcfec8e8303ded7ff415@remailer.metacolo .com> Anonymous
    >
    > [Snip...]
    >
    >> if you have a dead drive, you congenital idiot?

    > Earns a Darwin Award--too STOOPID to safely handle electrical applicances.

    Just when you thought you'd seen it all, & the wintrolls could not get any
    more dumb, up pops another to prove you wrong.
    The "dennis" idiot appears to have great difficulty in realising that to
    walk, he needs to put one foot in front of the other *repeatedly*, & that
    he doesn't necessarily need to use his knuckles at all.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit
    Released April 9th 2008.

  13. Re: Proud of everyone!

    chrisv wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Only in COLA does Linux work *perfectly* for all.

    > Why bother with such obvious lies? I dare say no one believes a
    > word you say. Is there some kind of thrill to being a shameless,
    > obvious, liar?

    Please don't feed the trolls (Goldfarb).

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  14. Re: Proud of everyone!

    CBFalconer writes:

    > chrisv wrote:

    >> Why bother with such obvious lies? I dare say no one believes a
    >> word you say. Is there some kind of thrill to being a shameless,
    >> obvious, liar?

    > Please don't feed the trolls (Goldfarb).

    Please fix your double signature.

  15. Re: Proud of everyone!

    Hadron writes:

    > CBFalconer writes:

    >>> Why bother with such obvious lies? I dare say no one believes a
    >>> word you say. Is there some kind of thrill to being a shameless,
    >>> obvious, liar?

    >> Please don't feed the trolls (Goldfarb).

    > Please fix your double signature.

    Stop Press!

    You did!

    Well done!

    (LOL)

  16. Re: Proud of everyone!

    They are afraid that they will make a black hole in the new CERN hardon
    collider that will suck up the surrounding area and perhaps the whole world,
    however this blackhole has already been created, its name is Vista.

    "Hadron" wrote in message
    > Hadron writes:
    >
    >> CBFalconer writes:

    >>> Please don't feed the trolls (Goldfarb).

    >> Please fix your double signature.

    > Stop Press!
    >
    > You did!
    >
    > Well done!
    >
    > (LOL)

  17. Re: Proud of everyone!

    "William Poaster" wrote something really stupid in
    message newsan.2008.04.09.22.19.21.850646@leafnode.amd64.eu...

    You are a moron.
    Sod off.

  18. Re: Proud of everyone!

    "Be Yond" writes:

    > They are afraid that they will make a black hole in the new CERN hardon
    > collider that will suck up the surrounding area and perhaps the whole world,
    > however this blackhole has already been created, its name is Vista.

    Yes, yes (pats patient on head).

    "Nurse, more meds to the loony cell ..."

    --
    "Its obvious Micoshaft sponsored frauds and net stalkers are now attacking individuals directly in organised gangs in linux advocacy newsgroups as predicted since it is known micoshaft is failing in the market place."
    7, COLA Linux "advocate" and nutjob.

  19. Re: Proud of everyone!

    CBFalconer wrote:

    >chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >> Why bother with such obvious lies? I dare say no one believes a
    >> word you say. Is there some kind of thrill to being a shameless,
    >> obvious, liar?

    >Please don't feed the trolls (Goldfarb).

    I don't very often read or say anything to flatfsck... It's just so
    bizarre, these lying losers. Why not just claim something like "Linux
    advocates think that 2+2=5" or something equally ridiculous?

  20. Re: Proud of everyone!

    "CBFalconer" wrote in message
    > chrisv wrote:

    >> Why bother with such obvious lies? I dare say no one believes a
    >> word you say. Is there some kind of thrill to being a shameless,
    >> obvious, liar?

    > Please don't feed the trolls (Goldfarb).

    He can't help it. He's STUPID

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast