dansguardian/christian parental controls question - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on dansguardian/christian parental controls question - Ubuntu ; Cork Soaker wrote: > : There you go again, using "everyone" when you don't have a clue. > > Everyone does know this, apart from you. You are not a person of any worth > or intelligence. Are you disagreeing? ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Results 181 to 200 of 200

  1. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    Cork Soaker wrote:
    > : There you go again, using "everyone" when you don't have a clue.
    >
    > Everyone does know this, apart from you. You are not a person of any worth
    > or intelligence. Are you disagreeing? This is not true? Oh well, one
    > person doesn't know, woe is me.
    >
    > :
    > : I love watching you demonstrate you ignorance.
    > :
    > : You should consider pulling out the cork, and soaking your head.
    >
    > Again, showing your intellect. You have no idea what a cork soaker is.
    > You're a comedy of comedies, you really are.

    So, on Saturday nights, which one are you: the cork soaker or the ****
    sucker?/

    /

    --
    John

  2. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    Cork Soaker wrote:
    > : Some beliefs do not deserve respect, nor do some people. I do not
    > : respect anyone who feels it is important to kill others in support of
    > : ther religious beliefs. But many religious sects do believe that this
    > : is necessary. I also do not respect any person that has not earned
    > : it.
    > :
    >

    > :-)

    Thats the crux. The non religious are no less guilty than the religious
    when it comes to atrocities and war.
    caver1

  3. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    Wes Groleau wrote:
> [...]

    It is spelled out in the Windows manual by Bill Gates

    >> I already have. Genesis. God created the...

    > Ah, I see. Communication breakdown.
    > We have different definitions of "how." :-)

  4. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 04:11:43 +0000, measekite wrote:

    > > http-equiv="Content-Type">

    <>>
    > snip

    If you post in text, we can read and respond.

  5. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    "John F. Morse" wrote in message
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >>

    >> "John F. Morse" wrote in message
    >>

    >>> I have that personal relationship with God -- I am a "born-again
    >>> Christian" as many would probably label me. But I hate religion. It is
    >>> nothing but trouble as most have posted here in this, er, Ubuntu group.
    >>> As you can see, even discussing "religion" starts problems. ;-)

    >> So you are one of those that takes the Bible literally then?

    > Absolutely!
    >
    > I do not hunt and pick just to use what I personally approve.
    >
    > I am not God.

    So how do you reconcile worshiping a mass murderer?
    The Bible clearly states God is a mass murderer so it must be true if the
    Bible is correct.

  6. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "John F. Morse" wrote in message
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>>

    >>> "John F. Morse" wrote in message

    >>> So you are one of those that takes the Bible literally then?

    >> Absolutely!
    >>
    >> I do not hunt and pick just to use what I personally approve.
    >>
    >> I am not God.

    > So how do you reconcile worshiping a mass murderer?
    > The Bible clearly states God is a mass murderer so it must be true if
    > the Bible is correct.

    Which Bible? It's been rewritten so many times and changed for political
    purposes that the original no longer exists.

    Alias

  7. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    : Which Bible? It's been rewritten so many times and changed for political
    : purposes that the original no longer exists.

    That's what I said, but I'm wrong just "because" <--- The base argument for
    all religious nonsense. Just, because.

  8. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 14:59:01 +0000, John F. Morse wrote:

    > So even if there have been many, many observations made in the last few
    > decades, nobody has any data going back earlier. Therefore it is
    > reasonable to assume their might/could have been some change in the time
    > it takes for a element to decay to a certain point.

    I think that reliable records can be chased earlier than that. Tree ring
    dating can be continuously linked back to the early middle ages in most
    of northern Europe, and (I believe) to prehistoric times in particular
    areas (ie the Irish bog oaks). I suspect that North America will also
    provide similar specimens. Thus the specimens dated by ring dating can
    be cross-checked with other methods, such as radio carbon, for around two
    millenia. Still not a very long time in geological terms, though! 8-)

    Keith

  9. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    "Alias" wrote in message
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >>

    >> "John F. Morse" wrote in message

    >>> Absolutely!
    >>>
    >>> I do not hunt and pick just to use what I personally approve.
    >>>
    >>> I am not God.

    >> So how do you reconcile worshiping a mass murderer?
    >> The Bible clearly states God is a mass murderer so it must be true if the
    >> Bible is correct.
    >>

    > Which Bible? It's been rewritten so many times and changed for political
    > purposes that the original no longer exists.
    >
    > Alias

    Go away you are an atheist and understand nothing anyway.

  10. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    Alias wrote:
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >>

    >> "John F. Morse" wrote in message

    That is evil in the raw form

    >>> Absolutely!
    >>>
    >>> I do not hunt and pick just to use what I personally approve.
    >>>
    >>> I am not God.

    >> So how do you reconcile worshiping a mass murderer?
    >> The Bible clearly states God is a mass murderer so it must be true if
    >> the Bible is correct.
    >>

    > Which Bible? It's been rewritten so many times and changed for
    > political purposes that the original no longer exists.
    >
    > Alias

  11. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Alias" wrote in message
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>>

    >>> "John F. Morse" wrote in message

    I think is was written in closed office

    >>> So how do you reconcile worshiping a mass murderer?
    >>> The Bible clearly states God is a mass murderer so it must be true
    >>> if the Bible is correct.
    >>>

    >> Which Bible? It's been rewritten so many times and changed for
    >> political purposes that the original no longer exists.
    >>
    >> Alias

    > Go away you are an atheist and understand nothing anyway.

  12. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Alias" wrote in message
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>>

    >>> "John F. Morse" wrote in message

    >>> So how do you reconcile worshiping a mass murderer?
    >>> The Bible clearly states God is a mass murderer so it must be true if
    >>> the Bible is correct.
    >>>

    >> Which Bible? It's been rewritten so many times and changed for
    >> political purposes that the original no longer exists.
    >>
    >> Alias

    > Go away you are an atheist and understand nothing anyway.

    Oh, that Bible.

    Alias

    Moog wrote:
    > John F. Morse illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >

    > John. Sorry. I've snipped ....

    THANK YOU. Maybe it will inspire others to do the same!

    > Smarties - as we call them over here (I believe North America has a
    > smarties brand that is completely different to ours)

    "Smarties" in USA are a brand of candy.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    A pessimist says the glass is half empty.

    An optimist says the glass is half full.

    An engineer says somebody made the glass
    twice as big as it needed to be.

  14. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    caver1 wrote:
    >> Technically not true. The heavens and the earth were formed before the
    >> creative days. Light was seen from earth so as to a division of night
    >> and day on day four. Why the sun and moon could not be seen it does
    >> not say. Myabe the Sun didn't have enough mass yet, maybe there was to
    >> nuch debris in earths atmosphere for the light to penetrate, the bible
    >> doesn't say. Maybe science will answer that. Day four did not say that
    >> the sun or moon were created.

    1611 version: "And God made two great lights: the greater light
    to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: the stars also.

    Sure sounds like the sun and moon to me. It's possible they existed
    before and became visible then. But the _words_ say God _made_ them.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    Is it an on-line compliment to call someone a Net Wit ?

  15. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    Wes Groleau wrote:
    > caver1 wrote:
    >>> Technically not true. The heavens and the earth were formed before
    >>> the creative days. Light was seen from earth so as to a division of
    >>> night and day on day four. Why the sun and moon could not be seen it
    >>> does not say. Myabe the Sun didn't have enough mass yet, maybe there
    >>> was to nuch debris in earths atmosphere for the light to penetrate,
    >>> the bible doesn't say. Maybe science will answer that. Day four did
    >>> not say that the sun or moon were created.

    > 1611 version: "And God made two great lights: the greater light
    > to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: the stars also.
    >
    > Sure sounds like the sun and moon to me. It's possible they existed
    > before and became visible then. But the _words_ say God _made_ them.

    Never said that the Bible said he didn't. Loook at verse 1 , Then read
    the whole verse in context.
    I meant that it didn't say they were created in day 4.
    sorry.
    caver1

  16. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    caver1 wrote:
    > Never said that the Bible said he didn't. Loook at verse 1 , Then read
    > the whole verse in context.
    > I meant that it didn't say they were created in day 4.

    But I quoted verse 19, which says "made" (close enough to "created" for
    me) preceded by "and the evening and the morning were the third day,"
    and followed by, "and the evening and the morning were the fourth day."

    Now there's a LOT of room for interpretation, but it sure seems like
    whoever keeps saying "and the evening and the morning were the Nth day"
    is trying hard to emphasize that the writing is sequential. That phrase
    appears nowhere else in the Bible.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    Trying to be happy is like trying to build a machine for which
    the only specification is that it should run noiselessly.
    -- unknown

  17. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    Wes Groleau wrote:
    > Moog wrote:
    >> John F. Morse illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >>

    >> John. Sorry. I've snipped ....

    > THANK YOU. Maybe it will inspire others to do the same!
    >
    >> Smarties - as we call them over here (I believe North America has a
    >> smarties brand that is completely different to ours)

    > "Smarties" in USA are a brand of candy.

    A realist says the glass is half full and half empty.

  18. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    Wes Groleau wrote:
    > caver1 wrote:
    >>> Technically not true. The heavens and the earth were formed before
    >>> the creative days. Light was seen from earth so as to a division of
    >>> night and day on day four. Why the sun and moon could not be seen it
    >>> does not say. Myabe the Sun didn't have enough mass yet, maybe there
    >>> was to nuch debris in earths atmosphere for the light to penetrate,
    >>> the bible doesn't say. Maybe science will answer that. Day four did
    >>> not say that the sun or moon were created.

    > 1611 version: "And God made two great lights: the greater light
    > to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: the stars also.

    Oh Yeah
    Now tell me that the devil made Marlboro Light

    > Sure sounds like the sun and moon to me. It's possible they existed
    > before and became visible then. But the _words_ say God _made_ them.

  19. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    On 2008-04-12, Wes Groleau wrote:

    >> I already have. Genesis. God created the...

    > Ah, I see. Communication breakdown.
    > We have different definitions of "how." :-)

    That's basically the point of religion. With faith, you don't need a
    how. God did it. Man is incapable of understanding God, as he is
    greater than we are. So, you take the word of God as the religion
    hands it to you.

    --
    Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com

  20. Re: dansguardian/christian parental controls question

    Wes Groleau illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Moog wrote:
    >> John F. Morse illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >>

    >> John. Sorry. I've snipped ....

    > THANK YOU. Maybe it will inspire others to do the same!

    You never know.

    >> Smarties - as we call them over here (I believe North America has a
    >> smarties brand that is completely different to ours)

    > "Smarties" in USA are a brand of candy.

    They are in the UK also, just completely different. They're a
    chocolate drop coated with a hard coloured shell.

    --
    Moog

    mashed potatoes"