Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when.... - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when.... - Ubuntu ; "Fred Williams" wrote in message news:-aidnVMoDpUYuWTanZ2dnUVZ_jydnZ2d@vianet... > There has been a lot of attacks on Linux lately, and that can only > mean > M$ is feeling the heat. It was Gandhi who said, "First they ignore > ..67 percent ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

  1. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    "Fred Williams" wrote in message
    > There has been a lot of attacks on Linux lately, and that can only
    > mean
    > M$ is feeling the heat. It was Gandhi who said, "First they ignore

    ..67 percent market share. Yes I'm sure MS is worried nitwit

  2. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    ysdywmf wrote:
    > "Fred Williams" wrote in message
    >> There has been a lot of attacks on Linux lately, and that can only
    >> mean
    >> M$ is feeling the heat. It was Gandhi who said, "First they ignore
    >>

    > .67 percent market share. Yes I'm sure MS is worried nitwit

    They are very worried, with good reason. That's why they are making an
    XP Lite for laptops that can't handle Vista. They are *worried* that
    Ubuntu will be installed on these low end laptops and MS can't have
    that, now can they?

    Alias

  3. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    "Alias" wrote in message

    > They are very worried, with good reason. That's why they are making an XP
    > Lite for laptops that can't handle Vista. They are *worried* that Ubuntu
    > will be installed on these low end laptops and MS can't have that, now can
    > they?

    Why would M$ worry when people like you still use windows?
    Why not give up on the games and ditch windows if you don't like it?
    You are worse than the COLA nuts, at least they use linux for everything..
    they don't go around telling people to use Ubuntu as it does everything
    while still using XP themselves.

  4. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Alias" wrote in message
    >

    >> They are very worried, with good reason. That's why they are making an
    >> XP Lite for laptops that can't handle Vista. They are *worried* that
    >> Ubuntu will be installed on these low end laptops and MS can't have
    >> that, now can they?

    > Why would M$ worry when people like you still use windows?

    I only use it for gaming.

    > Why not give up on the games and ditch windows if you don't like it?

    I like to play games :-) If the good folks in the gaming business would
    port their games to Ubuntu, you can bet your sweet ass I would ditch XP
    in a New York Second.

    > You are worse than the COLA nuts, at least they use linux for
    > everything.. they don't go around telling people to use Ubuntu as it
    > does everything while still using XP themselves.

    Why not have the best of two worlds? An operating system isn't a
    religion or a belief, you know.

    Alias

  5. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    ysdywmf wrote:

    > MS is worried nitwit

    I would agree with that.

  6. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    "Alias" wrote in message

    > Why not have the best of two worlds? An operating system isn't a religion
    > or a belief, you know.

    You wouldn't think that from your constant trolling of the vista support
    groups.
    If you really want people to use Ubuntu why not troll the PC building groups
    or somewhere they don't already have windows.

  7. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    ysdywmf wrote:
    > "Fred Williams" wrote in message
    >> There has been a lot of attacks on Linux lately, and that can only
    >> mean
    >> M$ is feeling the heat. It was Gandhi who said, "First they ignore
    >>

    > .67 percent market share. Yes I'm sure MS is worried nitwit

    According to Moshe Goldfarb (or whatever his name), that percentage is
    desktop only.
    On servers, the number is definitely higher.

    And yes, if Microsoft weren't scared, why all the FUD? Why the Halloween
    papers?

    --
    Mails please to josef dot moellers
    and I'm on gmx dot de.

  8. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Alias" wrote in message
    >

    > > Why not have the best of two worlds? An operating system isn't
    > > a religion or a belief, you know.

    > You wouldn't think that from your constant trolling of the vista
    > support groups.

    You recognize it as a problem, so why don't you stop?

  9. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    "Anonymous" wrote in message
    news:8b38d95f855b42b7bbd9a3f3d8df9e1c@hermetix.org ...
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >

    >> "Alias" wrote in message
    >>

    >> > Why not have the best of two worlds? An operating system isn't
    >> > a religion or a belief, you know.

    >> You wouldn't think that from your constant trolling of the vista
    >> support groups.

    > You recognize it as a problem, so why don't you stop?

    I don't tell people to use windows.
    You may imagine that I do, but that is because you are stupid.

  10. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 19:18:09 +0200, Alias wrote:

    > ysdywmf wrote:
    >> "Fred Williams" wrote in message
    >>> There has been a lot of attacks on Linux lately, and that can
    >>> only
    >>> mean
    >>> M$ is feeling the heat. It was Gandhi who said, "First they ignore
    >>>

    >> .67 percent market share. Yes I'm sure MS is worried nitwit
    >>

    > They are very worried, with good reason. That's why they are making an XP
    > Lite for laptops that can't handle Vista. They are *worried* that Ubuntu
    > will be installed on these low end laptops and MS can't have that, now can
    > they?

    Yet another wintroll (Scott Nudds) dragging figures out of it's ass. Even
    M$ say in their quarterly SEC filings, that Linux users make up over 17%
    of all Internet users & with an estimated growth rate of more than 3% per
    annum. M$ Executives also stated this in a sworn testimony before Courts,
    in 2005.

    --
    Free-BSD 7.0, PC-BSD 1.4
    Linux systems: PCLOS 2007,Fedora 8, Kubuntu 7.10.

  11. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    In article , William Poaster wrote:
    >On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 19:18:09 +0200, Alias wrote:
    >> ysdywmf wrote:
    >>> "Fred Williams" wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> .67 percent market share. Yes I'm sure MS is worried nitwit

    >> They are very worried, with good reason. That's why they are making an XP
    >> Lite for laptops that can't handle Vista. They are *worried* that Ubuntu
    >> will be installed on these low end laptops and MS can't have that, now can
    >> they?

    >Yet another wintroll (Scott Nudds) dragging figures out of it's ass. Even
    >M$ say in their quarterly SEC filings, that Linux users make up over 17%
    >of all Internet users & with an estimated growth rate of more than 3% per
    >annum. M$ Executives also stated this in a sworn testimony before Courts,
    >in 2005.

    ... and we all know that MS would never lie in court, don't we.
    Even so, they are bound to get the odd thing right I guess.

  12. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    Josef Moellers wrote:
    > ysdywmf wrote:
    >> "Fred Williams" wrote in message
    >>> There has been a lot of attacks on Linux lately, and that can
    >>> only mean
    >>> M$ is feeling the heat. It was Gandhi who said, "First they ignore
    >>>

    >> .67 percent market share. Yes I'm sure MS is worried nitwit

    > According to Moshe Goldfarb (or whatever his name), that percentage is
    > desktop only.
    > On servers, the number is definitely higher.
    >
    > And yes, if Microsoft weren't scared, why all the FUD? Why the Halloween
    > papers?

    take alook at this.
    http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1...9276990,00.htm
    caver1

  13. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 20:17:07 +0200, Alias wrote:

    > I like to play games :-) If the good folks in the gaming business would
    > port their games to Ubuntu, you can bet your sweet ass I would ditch XP
    > in a New York Second.

    Have you heard of ID games? Their wolfenstein and quakewars games work
    fine on linux systems. I don't play them, but if you like first person
    shooter games, they are nice.

  14. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    "William Poaster" wrote in message
    newsan.2008.04.08.22.23.24.916660@leafnode.amd64.eu...

    > Yet another wintroll (Scott Nudds) dragging figures out of it's ass. Even
    > M$ say in their quarterly SEC filings, that Linux users make up over 17%
    > of all Internet users & with an estimated growth rate of more than 3% per
    > annum. M$ Executives also stated this in a sworn testimony before Courts,
    > in 2005.

    M$ will use any figure if it benefits them you idiot (you said so).
    In a case where M$ are being accused of malpractice to sell stuff, being
    able to quote the competition at 17% is much better than at 1.7%. I hope
    /you/ enjoy helping M$ win their case by providing them with evidence. ;-)

  15. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Alias" wrote in message
    >

    >> Why not have the best of two worlds? An operating system isn't a
    >> religion or a belief, you know.

    > You wouldn't think that from your constant trolling of the vista support
    > groups.

    That's your ill informed take. I can't help what you think, sorry.

    > If you really want people to use Ubuntu why not troll the PC building
    > groups or somewhere they don't already have windows.

    When I want your advice as to where to post, I'll let you know.

    Alias

  16. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    "Alias" wrote in message
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >>

    >> "Alias" wrote in message
    >>

    >>> Why not have the best of two worlds? An operating system isn't a
    >>> religion or a belief, you know.

    >> You wouldn't think that from your constant trolling of the vista support
    >> groups.

    > That's your ill informed take. I can't help what you think, sorry.
    >
    >> If you really want people to use Ubuntu why not troll the PC building
    >> groups or somewhere they don't already have windows.

    > When I want your advice as to where to post, I'll let you know.
    >
    > Alias

    Off to trolling the vista support groups I see.
    You do know that only people that are afraid troll news groups and post FUD
    like you do, just ask any COLA member.

  17. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Alias" wrote in message
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>>

    >>> "Alias" wrote in message

    >>> You wouldn't think that from your constant trolling of the vista
    >>> support groups.

    >> That's your ill informed take. I can't help what you think, sorry.
    >>
    >>> If you really want people to use Ubuntu why not troll the PC building
    >>> groups or somewhere they don't already have windows.

    >> When I want your advice as to where to post, I'll let you know.
    >>
    >> Alias

    > Off to trolling the vista support groups I see.

    A good place to spread the good news about Ubuntu.

    > You do know that only people that are afraid troll news groups and post
    > FUD like you do, just ask any COLA member.

    I don't consider myself a troll and I'm not afraid of newsgroups. Got
    another diagnosis, doctor? If you want to deal with trolls, check out
    Frank the Wank in the Vista newsgroups. Oh, I forgot, Frank the Wank is
    your hero.

    Alias

  18. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    "Nomen Nescio" wrote in message
    > ysdywmf wrote:
    >
    >> MS is worried nitwit

    > I would agree with that.

    A bigger linsux nitwit that snips just his point of view what an A** licking
    twit.
    Twat.

  19. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    "Josef Moellers" <5502109103600001@t-online.de> wrote in message
    > ysdywmf wrote:
    >> "Fred Williams" wrote in message
    >>> There has been a lot of attacks on Linux lately, and that can
    >>> only mean
    >>> M$ is feeling the heat. It was Gandhi who said, "First they ignore
    >>>

    >> .67 percent market share. Yes I'm sure MS is worried nitwit

    > According to Moshe Goldfarb (or whatever his name), that percentage is
    > desktop only.
    > On servers, the number is definitely higher.
    >
    > And yes, if Microsoft weren't scared, why all the FUD? Why the Halloween
    > papers?

    That's for all of linsux according to Mr. Torvalds

  20. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    In William Poaster:

    [Snip...]

    > a sworn testimony before Courts, in 2005

    Interesting (to me): that was a year or so before the M$/Novell BogoPatent
    Axis Nonagression Pact (Nov. 2006). Also, that's about the time the wheels
    started to come off the SCO Linux Litigation Corporation. Then there's the
    EU starting to whack M$ but good with serious trade restraint fines.

    Finally, it's when ISTR first running across Ubuntu, thinking: this is the
    first Linux that seems a genuine threat to M$ OEM desktop chokeholds.

    Every M$ trick in the playbook is failing, and the wintrolls KNOW it. Then
    what does Monkey Boy decide to do about Ubuntu (etc.)? Buy Yahoo, natch.

    Brilliant, Ballmer. Here, throw another chair for Shuttleworth, because he
    and Ubuntu could make Google least of your worries if "your" OEMs defect.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast