CCSM ? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on CCSM ? - Ubuntu ; Is ccsm broken in Hardy ?..I have just installed Hardy on a spare box and cannot set Number of Destops..IT seems to be stuck at one ... Other than that compiz works ok... Regards Ted Wager Linux user...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: CCSM ?

  1. CCSM ?

    Is ccsm broken in Hardy ?..I have just installed Hardy on a spare box
    and cannot set Number of Destops..IT seems to be stuck at one ...
    Other than that compiz works ok...

    Regards
    Ted Wager
    Linux user

  2. Re: CCSM ?

    Ted wrote:
    > Is ccsm broken in Hardy ?..I have just installed Hardy on a spare box
    > and cannot set Number of Destops..IT seems to be stuck at one ...
    > Other than that compiz works ok...


    How is it you "cannot set Number Desktops"? Too vague.

    What seems to be stuck at one. Too vague.


    --
    As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should be
    glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours;
    and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

  3. Re: CCSM ?

    johnny bobby bee wrote:
    > Ted wrote:
    >> Is ccsm broken in Hardy ?..I have just installed Hardy on a spare box
    >> and cannot set Number of Destops..IT seems to be stuck at one ...
    >> Other than that compiz works ok...

    >
    > How is it you "cannot set Number Desktops"? Too vague.
    >
    > What seems to be stuck at one. Too vague.
    >
    >

    Ok...
    I open a terminal and type ccsm..This brings up the
    compiz-config-manager I then open General options and go to Desktop size
    This gives Horizontal virtual size then Vertical virtual size and the
    last is Number of Desktops...This will not move from 1 in Hardy..

  4. Re: CCSM ?

    Ted wrote:

    > johnny bobby bee wrote:
    >> Ted wrote:
    >>> Is ccsm broken in Hardy ?..I have just installed Hardy on a spare box
    >>> and cannot set Number of Destops..IT seems to be stuck at one ...
    >>> Other than that compiz works ok...

    >>
    >> How is it you "cannot set Number Desktops"? Too vague.
    >>
    >> What seems to be stuck at one. Too vague.
    >>
    >>

    > Ok...
    > I open a terminal and type ccsm..This brings up the
    > compiz-config-manager I then open General options and go to Desktop size
    > This gives Horizontal virtual size then Vertical virtual size and the
    > last is Number of Desktops...This will not move from 1 in Hardy..


    Typically you want 1 desktop and set the Horizontal Virtual Size to 4, if
    you want 4 viewports on the cube. If you set more or less than 4 viewports
    on the cube, it's no longer a cube. :-) With Gutsy, I can set Number of
    Desktops beyond 1, but when I do, I don't see a change. So maybe Hardy, has
    just eliminated that option?

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    How to get help at Microsoft Support ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C2SIZ5qsSQ

    Francis (Frank) adds a new "gadget" to his Vista box ...
    Download it here: http://tinyurl.com/2hnof6



  5. Re: CCSM ?

    NoStop wrote:
    > Ted wrote:
    >
    >> johnny bobby bee wrote:
    >>> Ted wrote:
    >>>> Is ccsm broken in Hardy ?..I have just installed Hardy on a spare box
    >>>> and cannot set Number of Destops..IT seems to be stuck at one ...
    >>>> Other than that compiz works ok...
    >>> How is it you "cannot set Number Desktops"? Too vague.
    >>>
    >>> What seems to be stuck at one. Too vague.
    >>>
    >>>

    >> Ok...
    >> I open a terminal and type ccsm..This brings up the
    >> compiz-config-manager I then open General options and go to Desktop size
    >> This gives Horizontal virtual size then Vertical virtual size and the
    >> last is Number of Desktops...This will not move from 1 in Hardy..

    >
    > Typically you want 1 desktop and set the Horizontal Virtual Size to 4, if
    > you want 4 viewports on the cube. If you set more or less than 4 viewports
    > on the cube, it's no longer a cube. :-) With Gutsy, I can set Number of
    > Desktops beyond 1, but when I do, I don't see a change. So maybe Hardy, has
    > just eliminated that option?
    >
    > Cheers.
    >

    On my Sidux partition where Compiz-fusion runs really well Horizontal
    and Vertical sizes are set to 1 and Number of Desktops set to 4..

  6. Re: CCSM ?

    Ted wrote:
    > Ok...
    > I open a terminal and type ccsm..This brings up the
    > compiz-config-manager I then open General options and go to Desktop size
    > This gives Horizontal virtual size then Vertical virtual size and the
    > last is Number of Desktops...This will not move from 1 in Hardy..


    Interesting ... works ok on my new hardy install.

    Have you tried right-clicking on the 'Workspace Switcher' on the
    Gnome-panel and changing it that way? Maybe it's only set to 1 there.

    Did you upgrade or do a clean install?

    --
    As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should be
    glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours;
    and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

  7. Re: CCSM ?

    johnny bobby bee wrote:
    > Ted wrote:
    >> Ok...
    >> I open a terminal and type ccsm..This brings up the
    >> compiz-config-manager I then open General options and go to Desktop size
    >> This gives Horizontal virtual size then Vertical virtual size and the
    >> last is Number of Desktops...This will not move from 1 in Hardy..

    >
    > Interesting ... works ok on my new hardy install.
    >
    > Have you tried right-clicking on the 'Workspace Switcher' on the
    > Gnome-panel and changing it that way? Maybe it's only set to 1 there.
    >
    > Did you upgrade or do a clean install?
    >

    I did a clean install but wiped the drive and reinstalled and did an
    update/upgrade and all works ok now....

+ Reply to Thread