mplayer: What preferred gui front-ends? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on mplayer: What preferred gui front-ends? - Ubuntu ; Hi, I have noted a few rumbles in mplayer that the GUI frontend gmplayer may be abandoned soon. What other frontends are people using for mplayer at the moment? Andrew -- http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=558538...

  1. mplayer: What preferred gui front-ends?

    Hi,

    I have noted a few rumbles in mplayer that the GUI frontend gmplayer
    may be abandoned soon. What other frontends are people using for
    mplayer at the moment?

    Andrew

  2. Re: mplayer: What preferred gui front-ends?

    Em Segunda, 7 de Abril de 2008 09:37, andrew escreveu:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have noted a few rumbles in mplayer that the GUI frontend gmplayer
    > may be abandoned soon. What other frontends are people using for
    > mplayer at the moment?
    >
    > Andrew

    smplayer is a interesting project...

  3. Re: mplayer: What preferred gui front-ends?

    andrew wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have noted a few rumbles in mplayer that the GUI frontend gmplayer
    > may be abandoned soon. What other frontends are people using for
    > mplayer at the moment?
    >
    > Andrew

    VLC

  4. Re: mplayer: What preferred gui front-ends?

    andrew schreef:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have noted a few rumbles in mplayer that the GUI frontend gmplayer
    > may be abandoned soon. What other frontends are people using for
    > mplayer at the moment?
    >
    > Andrew

    I'm using Blue.

  5. Re: mplayer: What preferred gui front-ends?

    andrew wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have noted a few rumbles in mplayer that the GUI frontend gmplayer
    > may be abandoned soon. What other frontends are people using for
    > mplayer at the moment?
    >
    > Andrew

    An alternative idea... Install Zenity (if it isn't installed already).
    Create a couple of shell scripts to call them to search for files and to
    play them with the options you want. I was able to get it to work with
    MP3 playlists. It worked well until something started putting
    unprintable characters in an "ls > filename".

    Zenity is a program to display dialogue boxes on the screen. It's
    fairly simple and took me a couple of hours to figure out.

    Later
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread