Audio track burning ? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Audio track burning ? - Ubuntu ; When I burn audio tracks to a cd the tracks come up as track 1 track 2 etc instead of the track name...Am I missing something in K3B setup or is this normal ? -- Regards Ted Wager g3tpi High ...

  1. Audio track burning ?

    --
    Regards
    Ted Wager g3tpi

  2. Re: Audio track burning ?

    twager wrote:
    > When I burn audio tracks to a cd the tracks come up as track 1 track 2
    > etc instead of the track name...Am I missing something in K3B setup or
    > is this normal ?

    That's normal, as, usually, CDs do not store the tracks' names.

    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)

  3. Re: Audio track burning ?

    On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 06:40:07 +0100, twager wrote:

    > When I burn audio tracks to a cd the tracks come up as track 1 track 2
    > etc instead of the track name...Am I missing something in K3B setup or
    > is this normal ?

    Check that CDDB is enabled in your K3b settings.

    K3b needs to consult CDDB for the track information.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDDB

  4. Re: Audio track burning ?

    twager wrote:

    > When I burn audio tracks to a cd the tracks come up as track 1 track 2
    > etc instead of the track name...Am I missing something in K3B setup or
    > is this normal ?

    I think you need to burn a CD-Extra to add track names. I'm sure the option
    is there.

  5. Re: Audio track burning ?

    Robin T Cox wrote:
    > On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 06:40:07 +0100, twager wrote:
    >
    >> When I burn audio tracks to a cd the tracks come up as track 1 track 2
    >> etc instead of the track name...Am I missing something in K3B setup or
    >> is this normal ?

    > Check that CDDB is enabled in your K3b settings.
    >
    > K3b needs to consult CDDB for the track information.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDDB

    Thanks to all who replied...CDDB is enabled and I have been through all
    the other options that might help to no avail..Seems that .mp3 will give
    the name but .wav does not..

    Regards
    Ted Wager
    Linux User..