Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when.... - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when.... - Ubuntu ; On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 15:29:08 -0400 Fred Williams wrote: > There has been a lot of attacks on Linux lately, and that can > only mean M$ is feeling the heat. It was Gandhi who said, "First > they ...

  1. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    Fred Williams wrote:

    > There has been a lot of attacks on Linux lately, and that can
    > only mean M$ is feeling the heat. It was Gandhi who said, "First
    > they ignore you, then they ridicule you. Then they attack you. Then
    > you win." They've gone to the "attack" phase which shows their
    > desperation. Congratulations Linux!

    The M$ trolls come here out of fear. Microsoft realized the VISTA is
    their biggest piece of junk ever, so they try to prevent people from
    testing Linux and switching while they come out with the next
    "latest and greatest". M$ consultants get huge incentives promoting
    VISTA, and they do without caring about the crap people has to deal with
    upgrading to VISTA, all in the name of Microsoft.
    One of our biggest clients, a 30,000 employee financial institution
    started testing Linux this week in 2 of it's branches. Their Internet
    research department is already 140 pure Linux machines, saving them
    and average of 100K upgrades every 3-5 years, they like it.
    And they now evaluate Open Office and migrating some hardware to VM.
    The nice part? the red face of their Microsoft Partners :-).

    --
    Jerry McGuire: Help me, help you...
    :-)

  2. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    "Christopher Hunter" wrote in message

    > Funnily enough, M$ are having to /buy/ /in/ a kernel for their new Windoze
    > 7 "operating system", because they no longer employ /real/ programmers.
    > Similarly, they are having to buy in other parts of their "operating
    > system" - a company I have ties with have been approached to write
    > wireless
    > networking for them.

    That makes a change from your usual lies that they steal everything.
    No reason to believe its less of a lie though as you always lie.

  3. Re: You can tell Linux is really successful when....

    Holz wrote:

    > On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 15:29:08 -0400
    > Fred Williams wrote:
    >
    > > There has been a lot of attacks on Linux lately, and that can
    > > only mean M$ is feeling the heat. It was Gandhi who said, "First
    > > they ignore you, then they ridicule you. Then they attack you. Then
    > > you win." They've gone to the "attack" phase which shows their
    > > desperation. Congratulations Linux!

    > The M$ trolls come here out of fear.

    Fear, jealousy, the same emotional turmoil every other prepubescent
    delinquent feels when threatened with having their favorite toy taken
    away for painting self-portraits on the bathroom floor in their own
    feces. Which Micro$lop did with practiced ease when they released
    Vista.

+ Reply to Thread