Hadron - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Hadron - Ubuntu ; What is your choice of which distro should be top dog? caver1...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Hadron

  1. Hadron

    What is your choice of which distro should be top dog?
    caver1

  2. Re: Hadron

    caver1 wrote:
    > What is your choice of which distro should be top dog?
    > caver1



    How could anyone be expected to answer such a question?

    Consider the intended use (server, surfer, development, ...).

    Consider the platform (x86, Mac, Sparc, ...).

    Consider the user's experience (Ubuntu, Slackware, Solaris, ...).

    Consider the distro's availability (download via dialup, torrent,
    commercial purchase, ...).

    Consider the available packages (binary, source-to-compile, APT/RPM, ...).

    Consider the package manager (DEB-APT, RPM, ...).

    I know you are not a troll, but that question certainly invites a lot of
    controversy. Simply because one person's considerations are not
    another's, and some people simply cannot understand that fact.

    --
    John

    No Microsoft, Apple, Intel, Trend Micro, nor Ford products were used in the preparation or transmission of this message.

    The EULA sounds like it was written by a team of lawyers who want to tell me what I can't do. The GPL sounds like it was written by a human being, who wants me to know what I can do.

  3. Re: Hadron


    : What is your choice of which distro should be top dog?

    PCDOS 1.0



  4. Re: Hadron

    John F. Morse wrote:
    > caver1 wrote:
    >> What is your choice of which distro should be top dog?
    >> caver1

    >
    >
    > How could anyone be expected to answer such a question?
    >
    > Consider the intended use (server, surfer, development, ...).
    >
    > Consider the platform (x86, Mac, Sparc, ...).
    >
    > Consider the user's experience (Ubuntu, Slackware, Solaris, ...).
    >
    > Consider the distro's availability (download via dialup, torrent,
    > commercial purchase, ...).
    >
    > Consider the available packages (binary, source-to-compile, APT/RPM, ...).
    >
    > Consider the package manager (DEB-APT, RPM, ...).
    >
    > I know you are not a troll, but that question certainly invites a lot of
    > controversy. Simply because one person's considerations are not
    > another's, and some people simply cannot understand that fact.
    >



    What you say is true but Hardon should be brought out. I know he has
    been, but then again no matter what is said he tries to say how bad
    Linux is, but he uses it and supposedly its better than Linux, but then
    again we are all liars, but then again........
    He cannot figure out what we are talking about.............
    but..............
    if every thing was consistent.......................
    And I guess I need to stop. I Like Ubuntu and Mint.
    caver1

  5. Re: Hadron

    On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 00:36:49 +0100, Cork Soaker wrote:

    > : What is your choice of which distro should be top dog?
    >
    > PCDOS 1.0


    Wrong! PC-DOS 2000 of course!

    Gene (e-mail: gene \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    --
    Mandriva Linux release 2007.1 (Official) for i586
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

  6. Re: Hadron

    ERACC wrote:

    > On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 00:36:49 +0100, Cork Soaker wrote:
    >
    >> : What is your choice of which distro should be top dog?
    >>
    >> PCDOS 1.0

    >
    > Wrong! PC-DOS 2000 of course!
    >
    > Gene (e-mail: gene \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)


    Ah, you feel twice as strongly as I do on the matter.

  7. Re: Hadron

    On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 21:43:17 +0100, Cork Soaker wrote:

    > ERACC wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 00:36:49 +0100, Cork Soaker wrote:
    >>
    >>> : What is your choice of which distro should be top dog?
    >>>
    >>> PCDOS 1.0

    >>
    >> Wrong! PC-DOS 2000 of course!
    >>
    >> Gene (e-mail: gene \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)

    >
    > Ah, you feel twice as strongly as I do on the matter.


    Heh, I have no idea why that double posted. I clicked [Send Article] only
    once.

    Gene (e-mail: gene \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    --
    Mandriva Linux release 2007.1 (Official) for i586
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

  8. Re: Hadron

    John F. Morse wrote:
    > caver1 wrote:
    >> What is your choice of which distro should be top dog?
    >> caver1

    >
    >
    > How could anyone be expected to answer such a question?
    >
    > Consider the intended use (server, surfer, development, ...).
    >
    > Consider the platform (x86, Mac, Sparc, ...).
    >
    > Consider the user's experience (Ubuntu, Slackware, Solaris, ...).
    >
    > Consider the distro's availability (download via dialup, torrent,
    > commercial purchase, ...).
    >
    > Consider the available packages (binary, source-to-compile, APT/RPM, ...).
    >
    > Consider the package manager (DEB-APT, RPM, ...).
    >
    > I know you are not a troll, but that question certainly invites a lot of
    > controversy. Simply because one person's considerations are not
    > another's, and some people simply cannot understand that fact.
    >




    I just wanted to see what Hadron would answer since he complains aboout
    everything.
    Notice no answer.
    caver1

  9. Re: Hadron

    caver1 wrote:
    > John F. Morse wrote:
    >> caver1 wrote:
    >>> What is your choice of which distro should be top dog?
    >>> caver1

    >>
    >> How could anyone be expected to answer such a question?
    >>
    >> Consider the intended use (server, surfer, development, ...).
    >>
    >> Consider the platform (x86, Mac, Sparc, ...).
    >>
    >> Consider the user's experience (Ubuntu, Slackware, Solaris, ...).
    >>
    >> Consider the distro's availability (download via dialup, torrent,
    >> commercial purchase, ...).
    >>
    >> Consider the available packages (binary, source-to-compile, APT/RPM,
    >> ...).
    >>
    >> Consider the package manager (DEB-APT, RPM, ...).
    >>
    >> I know you are not a troll, but that question certainly invites a lot
    >> of controversy. Simply because one person's considerations are not
    >> another's, and some people simply cannot understand that fact.

    >
    > I just wanted to see what Hadron would answer since he complains
    > aboout everything.
    > Notice no answer.
    > caver1



    Maybe he's stuck in consideration? ;-)

    --
    John

    No Microsoft, Apple, Intel, Trend Micro, nor Ford products were used in the preparation or transmission of this message.

    The EULA sounds like it was written by a team of lawyers who want to tell me what I can't do. The GPL sounds like it was written by a human being, who wants me to know what I can do.

+ Reply to Thread