Gigabyte Ga-P35-DS3R motherboard and Samsung SH-S203N DVD burner - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Gigabyte Ga-P35-DS3R motherboard and Samsung SH-S203N DVD burner - Ubuntu ; I have a GA-P35-DS3R motherboard and I just bought a new Samsung SH-S203N Sata DVD burner. I finally was able to get the Sata Burner to work in Windows XP by disabling the SATA RAID/AHCI mode which makes the sata ...

  1. Gigabyte Ga-P35-DS3R motherboard and Samsung SH-S203N DVD burner

    I have a GA-P35-DS3R motherboard and I just bought a new Samsung
    SH-S203N Sata DVD burner. I finally was able to get the Sata Burner to
    work in Windows XP by disabling the SATA RAID/AHCI mode which makes the
    sata drives act like IDE drives. Before that I could read okay, but
    received errors whenever writing to a CD or DVD. Now, though it works
    in Windows XP, it will not work in Linux. I get similar errors as I did
    in Windows XP before I modified the bios. Does Ubuntu supported Sata
    DVD drives or am I going to have to buy a Sata to IDE adapter to get
    this DVD burner to work in both operating systems?

    Z.K.

  2. Re: Gigabyte Ga-P35-DS3R motherboard and Samsung SH-S203N DVD burner

    Z.K. wrote:
    > I have a GA-P35-DS3R motherboard and I just bought a new Samsung
    > SH-S203N Sata DVD burner. I finally was able to get the Sata Burner to
    > work in Windows XP by disabling the SATA RAID/AHCI mode which makes the
    > sata drives act like IDE drives. Before that I could read okay, but
    > received errors whenever writing to a CD or DVD. Now, though it works
    > in Windows XP, it will not work in Linux. I get similar errors as I did
    > in Windows XP before I modified the bios. Does Ubuntu supported Sata
    > DVD drives or am I going to have to buy a Sata to IDE adapter to get
    > this DVD burner to work in both operating systems?
    >
    > Z.K.

    Never mind, I finally got it to work. Actually it was quite simple and
    I should have thought of it. The auto mode on the software in linux was
    not set properly and was trying to burn it at a faster speed than the
    DVD was capable of. Anyway, it now works in both Windows and Linux.

    Z.K

+ Reply to Thread