Looking for PIM - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Looking for PIM - Ubuntu ; I am using DevonTHINK on a Mac and would like to find something similar for Ubuntu. Been Googling, but haven't come with much. A database is important, image handling not at all. Suggestions? B....

  1. Looking for PIM

    I am using DevonTHINK on a Mac and would like to find something similar for
    Ubuntu. Been Googling, but haven't come with much. A database is important,
    image handling not at all. Suggestions?

    B.

  2. Re: Looking for PIM

    http://linuxappfinder.com/

    --
    Jerry McGuire: Help me, help you...
    :-)

  3. Re: Looking for PIM

    "Bobby" wrote in message
    news:47f6f6c1$0$28180$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshosti ng.com...
    >I am using DevonTHINK on a Mac and would like to find something similar for
    > Ubuntu. Been Googling, but haven't come with much. A database is
    > important,
    > image handling not at all. Suggestions?
    >
    > B.

    Outlook is the best

  4. Re: Looking for PIM

    You might want to look into evolution, its much like outlook, otherwise
    if you want a more simple system, I have used Jpilot to manage my
    contacts and appointments for the last year or so since I came to my
    senses and dumped M$ Vista. It works very well. Im sure its available as
    source, and other packages, but with ubuntu Evolution comes built in,
    and Jpilot is easily installed through synaptic.

    Joe

    ysdywmf wrote:
    > "Bobby" wrote in message
    > news:47f6f6c1$0$28180$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshosti ng.com...
    >> I am using DevonTHINK on a Mac and would like to find something similar for
    >> Ubuntu. Been Googling, but haven't come with much. A database is
    >> important,
    >> image handling not at all. Suggestions?
    >>
    >> B.
    >>

    > Outlook is the best

  5. Re: Looking for PIM

    On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 12:36:04 GMT
    "ysdywmf" wrote:

    >Outlook is the best

    On Windows domain with Exchange server, yes. On a personal PC, not
    really.

    --
    Jerry Maguire: Help me... help you. Help me, help you.
    ;-)

  6. Re: Looking for PIM

    "Holz" wrote in message

    > On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 12:36:04 GMT
    > "ysdywmf" wrote:
    >
    >>Outlook is the best

    > On Windows domain with Exchange server, yes. On a personal PC, not
    > really.

    Yes, really

  7. Re: Looking for PIM

    On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 16:42:51 GMT
    "ysdywmf" wrote:

    >"Holz" wrote in message
    >>

    >> On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 12:36:04 GMT
    >> "ysdywmf" wrote:
    >>
    >>>Outlook is the best

    >> On Windows domain with Exchange server, yes. On a personal PC, not
    >> really.
    >>

    >Yes, really

    Not really.
    I do think it is one of the better ones but not completely there yet. I
    do not see good mail merging options, e-mail address harvesting, folder
    combine and search and more.
    good PIM would not depend on it's fellow office components for top
    functionality. That been said, Linux does not have great too many
    choices
    either..

    --
    Jerry Maguire: Help me... help you. Help me, help you.
    ;-)

  8. Re: Looking for PIM

    ysdywmf wrote:

    > "Bobby" wrote in message
    > news:47f6f6c1$0$28180$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshosti ng.com...
    > >I am using DevonTHINK on a Mac and would like to find something
    > >similar for
    > > Ubuntu. Been Googling, but haven't come with much. A database
    > > is important,
    > > image handling not at all. Suggestions?
    > >
    > > B.
    > >

    > Outlook is the best

    Outlook sucks creme filled donkey dicks, and anyone who uses it
    is an ass licking faggot.

  9. Re: Looking for PIM

    ysdywmf wrote:

    > Yes, I'm a cum guzzler

    We know.

  10. Re: Looking for PIM

    * ysdywmf wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > "Bobby" wrote in message
    > news:47f6f6c1$0$28180$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshosti ng.com...
    >>I am using DevonTHINK on a Mac and would like to find something
    >>similar for
    >> Ubuntu. Been Googling, but haven't come with much. A database is
    >> important,
    >> image handling not at all. Suggestions?
    >>
    >> B.
    >>

    > Outlook is the best

    Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...linux+download

    Dosent seem to be available for Linux. Do try and stay on topic if you are going
    to troll, otherwise it magnify's your stupiditiy.

    --
    David

  11. Re: Looking for PIM

    SINNER wrote:
    > * ysdywmf wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >
    >> "Bobby" wrote in message
    >> news:47f6f6c1$0$28180$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshosti ng.com...
    >>> I am using DevonTHINK on a Mac and would like to find something
    >>> similar for
    >>> Ubuntu. Been Googling, but haven't come with much. A database is
    >>> important,
    >>> image handling not at all. Suggestions?
    >>>
    >>> B.
    >>>

    >> Outlook is the best
    >>

    > Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...linux+download
    >
    > Dosent seem to be available for Linux. Do try and stay on topic if you are going
    > to troll, otherwise it magnify's your stupiditiy.

    try Kontact
    its part of KDE but very good IMHO

  12. Re: Looking for PIM

    ysdywmf wrote:
    > "Bobby" wrote in message
    > news:47f6f6c1$0$28180$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshosti ng.com...
    >> I am using DevonTHINK on a Mac and would like to find something similar for
    >> Ubuntu. Been Googling, but haven't come with much. A database is
    >> important,
    >> image handling not at all. Suggestions?
    >>
    >> B.
    >>

    > Outlook is the best

    See you are a wintard. If you don't like linux, which you clearly don't, and you are such a big fan of MS software, why do you hang around here? Another ****-fer-brains MS sycophant. Find something better to do with your time. Pathetic just pathetic.

+ Reply to Thread