Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution. - Ubuntu ; On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 12:38:21 -0500, mimus wrote: > On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 22:11:40 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote: > >> http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=9926 >> >> Dream Linux, yet another one of the almost 1000+ different versions of >> Linux proves ...

  1. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 12:38:21 -0500, mimus wrote:

    > On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 22:11:40 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=9926
    >>
    >> Dream Linux, yet another one of the almost 1000+ different versions of
    >> Linux proves itself to be yet another dud.
    >>
    >> Tell me, do they actually test these things before they foist them on the
    >> general populous?
    >>
    >> "One reason I wanted to take a look at DreamLinux 3.0 was it's claim on
    >> their website that they had the easiest tool to install DreamLinux 3.0 to a
    >> USB Key. Well, it is an easy tool.. If it worked.. It didnt work for
    >> me.. But maybe others had better success. Wasn't any problem with the key
    >> as it was brand new and made bootable and upon not working at all in
    >> DreamLinux 3.0 I immediately had no issues placing my favorite Puppy Linux
    >> 3.0.1 on same key.
    >>
    >> Maybe they need to work at this... Could just have been me too...."
    >>
    >> It wasn't him.
    >> I just tried it and it tanked on me too.
    >>
    >> So here we have another Linux piece of junk destined for the bitbucket.
    >>
    >> Humor me a little, why can't you Linux loons get together and create a
    >> single distribution that actually works as designed instead of all these
    >> hamstrung distributions that have *issues*.
    >>
    >> Oh, I forgot it's all about choice.
    >>
    >> What good is choice when everything you get to choose from stinks?

    > Ask the reviewer about his "favorite Puppy Linux" . . . .

    FWIW Puppy Linux is pretty decent.
    At least it's different from the run of the mill Linux distribution.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 22:11:40 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=9926
    >
    > Dream Linux, yet another one of the almost 1000+ different versions of
    > Linux proves itself to be yet another dud.
    >
    > Tell me, do they actually test these things before they foist them on the
    > general populous?
    >
    > "One reason I wanted to take a look at DreamLinux 3.0 was it's claim on
    > their website that they had the easiest tool to install DreamLinux 3.0 to a
    > USB Key. Well, it is an easy tool.. If it worked.. It didnt work for
    > me.. But maybe others had better success. Wasn't any problem with the key
    > as it was brand new and made bootable and upon not working at all in
    > DreamLinux 3.0 I immediately had no issues placing my favorite Puppy Linux
    > 3.0.1 on same key.
    >
    > Maybe they need to work at this... Could just have been me too...."
    >
    > It wasn't him.
    > I just tried it and it tanked on me too.
    >
    > So here we have another Linux piece of junk destined for the bitbucket.
    >
    > Humor me a little, why can't you Linux loons get together and create a
    > single distribution that actually works as designed instead of all these
    > hamstrung distributions that have *issues*.
    >
    > Oh, I forgot it's all about choice.
    >
    > What good is choice when everything you get to choose from stinks?

    Ask the reviewer about his "favorite Puppy Linux" . . . .

    --

    Usenet: The Biggest and Oldest and Most Powerful Net-Forum of All!

  3. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    Ignoramus20845 wrote:
    > the only annoying thing is that it does not hibernate on my big laptop.

    Install XP and VMWare. Strip out everything you don't need from XP.
    Set Zone Alarm so that VMWare (and machines it virtualizes) can talk
    freely, but nothing else on XP can get out.

    Then run Ubuntu as a virtual machine and let VMWare and/or XP
    handle the hibernation.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/
    For lovers of language and learning

  4. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    Gordon wrote:
    > On 2008-04-05, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> Tell me, do they actually test these things before they foist them on the
    >> general populous?

    > Does Microsoft?

    Microsoft, like so many companies, relies on the customer
    to do most of their quality control. An effective strategy,
    especially after you have trained the customer to _not_ expect
    quality.

    Open Source software pretty much does the same, with a
    BIG difference: for OSS, the developer is the customer.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    The man who says, "I can do it!" may sometimes fail.
    The man who says, "Impossible!" will never succeed.

  5. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    Ignoramus14041 wrote:
    > On 2008-04-05, Wes Groleau wrote:
    >> Ignoramus20845 wrote:
    >>> the only annoying thing is that it does not hibernate on my big laptop.

    >> Install XP and VMWare. Strip out everything you don't need from XP.
    >> Set Zone Alarm so that VMWare (and machines it virtualizes) can talk
    >> freely, but nothing else on XP can get out.
    >>
    >> Then run Ubuntu as a virtual machine and let VMWare and/or XP
    >> handle the hibernation.

    > That's seriously painful, for no good reason. My system boots in about
    > a minute.

    Hey, I wouldn't do it either. But if you gotta have hibernation....

    --
    Wes Groleau

    In any formula, constants (especially those obtained
    from handbooks) are to be treated as variables.

  6. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    Ignoramus20845 writes:

    > On 2008-04-05, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> Humor me a little, why can't you Linux loons get together and create a
    >> single distribution that actually works as designed instead of all these
    >> hamstrung distributions that have *issues*.

    > As far as my own computer use is concerned, ubuntu works and does what
    > /i want, from a obsolete freebie laptop with 256 mb of ram, and 10"
    > screen, to big servers with a lot of expensive hardware.
    > the only annoying thing is that it does not hibernate on my big laptop.

    Which *immediately* make Linux a no go for many, many people.

    Get rid of the millions of distros. Concentrate on the top 10% and get
    this **** working. The fixes can then trickle on to the lamer distros
    like DreamDump or whatever it's called.

  7. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    On 2008-04-05, Hadron wrote:
    > Ignoramus20845 writes:
    >
    >> On 2008-04-05, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>> Humor me a little, why can't you Linux loons get together and create a
    >>> single distribution that actually works as designed instead of all these
    >>> hamstrung distributions that have *issues*.

    >> As far as my own computer use is concerned, ubuntu works and does what
    >> /i want, from a obsolete freebie laptop with 256 mb of ram, and 10"
    >> screen, to big servers with a lot of expensive hardware.
    >> the only annoying thing is that it does not hibernate on my big laptop.

    > Which *immediately* make Linux a no go for many, many people.
    >
    > Get rid of the millions of distros. Concentrate on the top 10% and get
    > this **** working. The fixes can then trickle on to the lamer distros
    > like DreamDump or whatever it's called.

    I believe that hibernation is being fully redone in 2.6.26 kernel,
    though I do not know much. It is a turn off for many, but it is just a
    annoyance to me.

  8. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    spike1@freenet.co.uk writes:

    > Moshe Goldfarb did eloquently scribble:
    >>> According to distrowatch.com about 360 active Linux distributions. If
    >>> they're all duds, then you have nothing to worry about, so crawl home!

    >> Yea,,,what about the inactive ones?
    >> You know the ones where Johnny got over his "I'm going to be a programmer"
    >> phase and abandoned the project.
    >> What happens to the poor suckers who committed to those distributions?

    > Simple, oh moronic one.
    > They move on. OOo, that was difficult, wasn't it boys and girls?
    >
    > What is your suggestion oh wise one?
    > Ban production of all new distributions, perhaps?
    > If I wanted to experiment with making my own distro, I damned well would.
    > If someone out there wanted to try it, well, that's their choice, if they
    > liked it, even better. If I decided to abandon it, then tough luck to them.
    > (there's nothing stopping THEM from continuing with it of course)
    >
    > Not all distros are backed by large companies like redhat. Or millionnaires
    > like Ubuntu is.
    >
    > Linux is both big business AND hobby.
    > I know your brain can't quite get that. It's soo dense very little
    > information can penetrate it. But... Them's the facts.
    >

    >> The problem with Linux is that distributions are born daily.

    > The problem is you see it as a problem.
    > IT is not a problem.

    Of course its a problem. People are reinventing the wheel when in a
    properly managed environment their creative juices could be channeled
    into a more productive direction.

    Of course, having a CS degree and all, you would know that from your SW
    Engineering components. Or did you not study that either?

    > Never has been, never will be.

    The linux adoption rates would beg to differ. "Oh wise one who shows off
    his degree with every post".

    > You want a stable well supported distro, stick with the big 8.
    > You want to play around and see what other people have done with it, play
    > around and see what other people have done with it.
    >
    > No-one's forcing you. So **** off and leave the rest of us to our fun you
    > pathetic little troll.

    For someone who bandies his qualifications about you sure like to commit
    yourself to be a foul mouthed arsehole with little if any grip on modern
    day development requirements.

    >> The problem with Linux is that these same distributions also die on a daily
    >> basis.

    > What problem was that again?
    > I see no problem.

    Because you are a proven idiot with no grip on reality. Lets see - you
    were incredulous when I mentioned that a good CS degree would have
    Compiler Technologies. You openly advocate pirating SW and Music of the
    web since it "doesnt hurt anyone" and now you can not see how muddying
    the waters with lots of decaying distros and "how tos" reduces
    visibility for the Linux way forward. No wonder you got shipped off to
    teach people how to use notepad on Windows machines.

    Oh, and you swear and curse all the time as your panties get all bunched
    up as yet another poster totally slaps you back down with facts and
    common sense.

  9. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    Hadron wrote:
    > Ignoramus20845 writes:
    >
    >> On 2008-04-05, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>> Humor me a little, why can't you Linux loons get together and create a
    >>> single distribution that actually works as designed instead of all these
    >>> hamstrung distributions that have *issues*.

    >> As far as my own computer use is concerned, ubuntu works and does what
    >> /i want, from a obsolete freebie laptop with 256 mb of ram, and 10"
    >> screen, to big servers with a lot of expensive hardware.
    >> the only annoying thing is that it does not hibernate on my big laptop.

    > Which *immediately* make Linux a no go for many, many people.
    >
    > Get rid of the millions of distros. Concentrate on the top 10% and get
    > this **** working. The fixes can then trickle on to the lamer distros
    > like DreamDump or whatever it's called.

    Hardon you're wrong. there aren't million of distros.
    Even if there were it would show you how much smarter Linux users are
    then MS users.
    caver1

  10. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    Hadron wrote:

    > Ignoramus20845 writes:
    >
    >> On 2008-04-05, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>> Humor me a little, why can't you Linux loons get together and create a
    >>> single distribution that actually works as designed instead of all these
    >>> hamstrung distributions that have *issues*.

    >> As far as my own computer use is concerned, ubuntu works and does what
    >> /i want, from a obsolete freebie laptop with 256 mb of ram, and 10"
    >> screen, to big servers with a lot of expensive hardware.
    >> the only annoying thing is that it does not hibernate on my big laptop.

    > Which *immediately* make Linux a no go for many, many people.
    >
    > Get rid of the millions of distros.

    Oh, now there are millions, hey? What an asswipe.

    > Concentrate on the top 10% and get
    > this **** working.

    Anytime you're ready Hardon. We're all waiting with baited breath for YOUR
    great distro.

    > The fixes can then trickle on to the lamer distros
    > like DreamDump or whatever it's called.

    The old trickle down theory. Give us Hardonix and then we'll see how well
    the "good stuff" will trickle down. Hehehehehe.

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    How to get help at Microsoft Support ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C2SIZ5qsSQ

  11. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 22:32:24 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On 5 Apr 2008 02:23:39 GMT, ray wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 22:11:40 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=9926
    >>>
    >>> Dream Linux, yet another one of the almost 1000+ different versions of
    >>> Linux proves itself to be yet another dud.

    >> According to distrowatch.com about 360 active Linux distributions. If
    >> they're all duds, then you have nothing to worry about, so crawl home!

    > Yea,,,what about the inactive ones?
    > You know the ones where Johnny got over his "I'm going to be a
    > programmer" phase and abandoned the project.
    > What happens to the poor suckers who committed to those distributions?
    >
    > The problem with Linux is that distributions are born daily. The problem
    > with Linux is that these same distributions also die on a daily basis.
    >
    > Once Johnny discovers that girls are softer than VI or Emacs, another
    > Linux distribution goes down the drain.

    So, you don't have anything to worry about, so go crawl in your hole!

  12. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 13:11:13 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 12:38:21 -0500, mimus wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 22:11:40 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=9926
    >>>
    >>> Dream Linux, yet another one of the almost 1000+ different versions of
    >>> Linux proves itself to be yet another dud.
    >>>
    >>> Tell me, do they actually test these things before they foist them on the
    >>> general populous?
    >>>
    >>> "One reason I wanted to take a look at DreamLinux 3.0 was it's claim on
    >>> their website that they had the easiest tool to install DreamLinux 3.0 to a
    >>> USB Key. Well, it is an easy tool.. If it worked.. It didnt work for
    >>> me.. But maybe others had better success. Wasn't any problem with the key
    >>> as it was brand new and made bootable and upon not working at all in
    >>> DreamLinux 3.0 I immediately had no issues placing my favorite Puppy Linux
    >>> 3.0.1 on same key.
    >>>
    >>> Maybe they need to work at this... Could just have been me too...."
    >>>
    >>> It wasn't him.
    >>> I just tried it and it tanked on me too.
    >>>
    >>> So here we have another Linux piece of junk destined for the bitbucket.
    >>>
    >>> Humor me a little, why can't you Linux loons get together and create a
    >>> single distribution that actually works as designed instead of all these
    >>> hamstrung distributions that have *issues*.
    >>>
    >>> Oh, I forgot it's all about choice.
    >>>
    >>> What good is choice when everything you get to choose from stinks?

    >> Ask the reviewer about his "favorite Puppy Linux" . . . .

    > FWIW Puppy Linux is pretty decent.
    > At least it's different from the run of the mill Linux distribution.

    Well, that's what I meant, he seems to like it, in direct contradiction to
    the OP's putative moral.

    --

    Usenet: The Biggest and Oldest and Most Powerful Net-Forum of All!

  13. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 15:11:53 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    > [blah]
    >
    > Hadron, go **** yourself with a rusty farm implement. Hopefully you'll
    > perforate your colon and die a slow, painful death.

    What is it with COLA Linux advocates and rectums, colons and other nasty
    parts of the body?

    You guys really should clean up your act.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  14. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 20:35:44 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Ignoramus20845 writes:
    >
    >> On 2008-04-05, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>> Humor me a little, why can't you Linux loons get together and create a
    >>> single distribution that actually works as designed instead of all these
    >>> hamstrung distributions that have *issues*.

    >> As far as my own computer use is concerned, ubuntu works and does what
    >> /i want, from a obsolete freebie laptop with 256 mb of ram, and 10"
    >> screen, to big servers with a lot of expensive hardware.
    >> the only annoying thing is that it does not hibernate on my big laptop.

    > Which *immediately* make Linux a no go for many, many people.
    >
    > Get rid of the millions of distros. Concentrate on the top 10% and get
    > this **** working. The fixes can then trickle on to the lamer distros
    > like DreamDump or whatever it's called.

    Exactly!!

    BTW I don't apply this to targeted distributions like say DSL or 64Studio
    etc.
    Those certainly have a good use and are targeted at a specific set of
    needs.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  15. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 13:42:28 -0500, Ignoramus14041 wrote:

    > On 2008-04-05, Hadron wrote:
    >> Ignoramus20845 writes:

    >>> As far as my own computer use is concerned, ubuntu works and does what
    >>> /i want, from a obsolete freebie laptop with 256 mb of ram, and 10"
    >>> screen, to big servers with a lot of expensive hardware.
    >>> the only annoying thing is that it does not hibernate on my big laptop.

    >> Which *immediately* make Linux a no go for many, many people.
    >>
    >> Get rid of the millions of distros. Concentrate on the top 10% and get
    >> this **** working. The fixes can then trickle on to the lamer distros
    >> like DreamDump or whatever it's called.

    > I believe that hibernation is being fully redone in 2.6.26 kernel,
    > though I do not know much. It is a turn off for many, but it is just a
    > annoyance to me.

    If you are a business person doing a lot of traveling it is a major PITA.
    FWIW my Thinkpad worked with Hibernation under PCLinuxOS, I *think* it
    worked under Mepis but it did NOT work under Ubuntu last time I tried it.

    Maybe they have fixed it.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  16. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    Hadron did eloquently scribble:
    >> The problem is you see it as a problem.
    >> IT is not a problem.

    > Of course its a problem. People are reinventing the wheel when in a
    > properly managed environment their creative juices could be channeled
    > into a more productive direction.

    > Of course, having a CS degree and all, you would know that from your SW
    > Engineering components. Or did you not study that either?

    You've never had a hobby have you.
    The most mind-taxing thing you've ever done is stamp collecting.
    People who have more creative technical hobbies ENJOY reinventing the wheel,
    whether it's soldering a few electronic components together to create a
    simple radio, writing a linked list routine from scratch or creating a
    new linux distro.

    There's no real POINT in creating a new linked list routine from scratch,
    there're dozens of premade libs that provide those routines, but people do
    it anyway, as a HOBBY.

    There's no reason why anyone would create a new distribution OTHER THAN as a
    HOBBY. Unless there's some new hardware platform to port it to or some new
    specialised purpose someone's come up with.

    >> Never has been, never will be.

    > The linux adoption rates would beg to differ. "Oh wise one who shows off
    > his degree with every post".

    Oh, sod off with you "linux adoption rates"
    Irrelevant, inaccurate and impossible to calculate.
    How many linux desktops are deployed? Impossible for you or anyone else to
    say, much as you love singing the wintroll's tune of less than 1%, you will
    never have any hard data to back that up in any meaningful way.

    >> You want a stable well supported distro, stick with the big 8.
    >> You want to play around and see what other people have done with it, play
    >> around and see what other people have done with it.
    >>
    >> No-one's forcing you. So **** off and leave the rest of us to our fun you
    >> pathetic little troll.

    > For someone who bandies his qualifications about you sure like to commit
    > yourself to be a foul mouthed arsehole with little if any grip on modern
    > day development requirements.

    Awwww, did my ****ing bad language upset you, you irritating little cunt?
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, diddums.

    >> What problem was that again?
    >> I see no problem.

    > Because you are a proven idiot with no grip on reality. Lets see - you
    > were incredulous when I mentioned that a good CS degree would have
    > Compiler Technologies.

    *yawn*

    > You openly advocate pirating SW and Music of the
    > web since it "doesnt hurt anyone"

    *YAWWWWWWWWWWN*
    By GOD you're getting boring, hadron.

    > and now you can not see how muddying
    > the waters with lots of decaying distros and "how tos" reduces
    > visibility for the Linux way forward.

    And you prove yet again that you don't understand free software.
    The waters aren't being "muddied".
    These "new and decaying distros" as you so pathetically call them aren't
    even VISIBLE or PUBLICISED to the general public. IF you want to use one of
    them you have to actively LOOK for it.

    As far as the general non-computer expert public aware of linux is
    concerned, there's only Redhat, Mandriva, SUSE, Debian, Ubuntu, Xandross and
    PCLinuxOS. Possibly Knoppix.

    As for the rest of the public who're barely AWARE of linux, how can 4000
    different distros over the past 20 years "muddy" waters they're not even
    aware exist?

    You can't have it both ways. Either no-one knows about linux or the entire
    populace is terminally confused by 4000 different versions.

    Trouble is, you change your tune and argument more often than someone with
    chronic diarrhoea changes his underwear.

    > Oh, and you swear and curse all the time as your panties get all bunched
    > up as yet another poster totally slaps you back down with facts and
    > common sense.

    I'll ****ing use whatever twatting language I cunting well feel like as the
    situation sodding well dictates you obsequeous little turd.
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  17. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    On 2008-04-05, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> I believe that hibernation is being fully redone in 2.6.26 kernel,
    >> though I do not know much. It is a turn off for many, but it is just a
    >> annoyance to me.

    > If you are a business person doing a lot of traveling it is a major PITA.
    > FWIW my Thinkpad worked with Hibernation under PCLinuxOS, I *think* it
    > worked under Mepis but it did NOT work under Ubuntu last time I tried it.
    >> Maybe they have fixed it.

    I am not a business person, but I use my laptop on train twice a
    day. What saves me is that it boots quickly.

    Also, additionally, I use dm-crypt and my entire laptop's data is
    encrypted. If a thief could boot this laptop from hibernation, then
    the purpose of encryption would be defeated.

    It is something that I did not even consider prior to making this
    post. Makes me feel bad that I did not think about it.

  18. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 20:35:44 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Ignoramus20845 writes:
    >
    >> On 2008-04-05, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>> Humor me a little, why can't you Linux loons get together and create a
    >>> single distribution that actually works as designed instead of all
    >>> these hamstrung distributions that have *issues*.

    >> As far as my own computer use is concerned, ubuntu works and does what
    >> /i want, from a obsolete freebie laptop with 256 mb of ram, and 10"
    >> screen, to big servers with a lot of expensive hardware. the only
    >> annoying thing is that it does not hibernate on my big laptop.

    > Which *immediately* make Linux a no go for many, many people.
    >
    > Get rid of the millions of distros. Concentrate on the top 10% and get
    > this **** working. The fixes can then trickle on to the lamer distros
    > like DreamDump or whatever it's called.

    And AGAIN, there is no evidence that killing off distros will increase
    development on any other distro.

    --
    Rick

  19. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    Rick wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 20:35:44 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Ignoramus20845 writes:

    >>> As far as my own computer use is concerned, ubuntu works and does what
    >>> /i want, from a obsolete freebie laptop with 256 mb of ram, and 10"
    >>> screen, to big servers with a lot of expensive hardware. the only
    >>> annoying thing is that it does not hibernate on my big laptop.

    >> Which *immediately* make Linux a no go for many, many people.
    >>
    >> Get rid of the millions of distros. Concentrate on the top 10% and get
    >> this **** working. The fixes can then trickle on to the lamer distros
    >> like DreamDump or whatever it's called.

    > And AGAIN, there is no evidence that killing off distros will increase
    > development on any other distro.

    Is cross-posting a function of age, IQ, or educational status? Someone
    should do a thesis on the subject!

    Disgusting!!!

    Daniel

  20. Re: Yet Another Dud Linux Distribution.

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 15:11:53 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> [blah]
    >>
    >> Hadron, go **** yourself with a rusty farm implement. Hopefully you'll
    >> perforate your colon and die a slow, painful death.

    > What is it with COLA Linux advocates and rectums, colons and other nasty
    > parts of the body?
    >
    > You guys really should clean up your act.

    Come on, Moshe. You're enjoying this.

    If you really think Linux is that bad, and we all admit it isn't for
    everyone, then install Vista or buy a Mac and go on your way.

    No one is forcing you to do anything. We're not even forcing you to
    post here. That's your *choice*.

    As hard as it is for you to believe, some of us *choose* to use Linux
    for all its merits despite its shortcomings. Every OS has it pluses and
    minuses.

    It's time to quote from one of the greatest albums of all time, "The
    Point" by Harry Nillson, God rest his soul.

    "You see what you want to see. And you hear what you want to hear."

    We all understand very well that you don't see so much good with Linux.
    Great! Fine. If we were all of a kind, there'd only be one Linux
    distribution. Just like there's only one Vista or Mac OS distribution.

    But that's now what we're about.

    It's neither worse nor better. It's different.

    Now pick up your toys and go along your merry way. We have better
    things to talk about here.

    Kinney