Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 years—for budget laptops only - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 years—for budget laptops only - Ubuntu ; On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:52:01 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote: > Moshe Goldfarb wrote: >> High Plains Thumper wrote: >>> chrisv wrote: >>> >>>> Not too surprising. Visduh sure isn't suitable for small devices... >>> >>> ... and large ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 years—for budget laptops only

  1. Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 years—for budget laptops only

    On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:52:01 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Not too surprising. Visduh sure isn't suitable for small devices...
    >>>
    >>> ... and large devices also.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.gamespot.com/users/macrul...m-100-25371189
    >>>
    >>> [quote]
    >>> Another reason to hate Windows Vista

    >>
    >> Why

    >
    > Really sad that you have nothing better to say, putting words in people's
    > mouths they never said. But then, I would expect nothing less from a
    > winboi like you.


    Well let's take a look at COLA and see what's going on, shall we?

    Why so many anti-Microsoft posts?

    Why all the discussion of what Windows /Microsoft cannot, won't, will not
    do instead of what Linux CAN do?

    Hmmm?

    This is supposed to be a Linux advocacy group but by just reading the posts
    you would never know it.

    So you tell me HPT, what are you Linux freaks so afraid of?

    If Linux is as good as you claim, why such a low market share for desktops?

    Why can't Walmart sell Linux machines?

    Why does it take Munich 7 years to upgrade a couple of thousand Linux
    machines?

    Why do school districts that moved to Linux decide to move back to Windows?

    Why does Asus decide to sell a Windows Eee PC if the Linux one is so great?

    Why are people who bought the Linux Eee PC removing Linux and installing
    Windows?

    Well?


    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  2. Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 years—for budget laptops only

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:52:01 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Not too surprising. Visduh sure isn't suitable for small devices...
    >>>>
    >>>> ... and large devices also.
    >>>>
    >>>>

    http://www.gamespot.com/users/macrul...m-100-25371189
    >>>>
    >>>> [quote]
    >>>> Another reason to hate Windows Vista
    >>>
    >>> Why

    >>
    >> Really sad that you have nothing better to say, putting words in people's
    >> mouths they never said. But then, I would expect nothing less from a
    >> winboi like you.

    >
    > Well let's take a look at COLA and see what's going on, shall we?
    >

    Yes, let's do that Mr. Soap Dish.

    > Why so many anti-Microsoft posts?
    >

    Because most sensible computer users who've been around hate Microsoft.

    > Why all the discussion of what Windows /Microsoft cannot, won't, will not
    > do instead of what Linux CAN do?
    >
    > Hmmm?
    >

    Because WE know what Linux can do and how inferior M$'s toy operating
    systems are in comparision.

    > This is supposed to be a Linux advocacy group but by just reading the
    > posts you would never know it.
    >

    Thanks to Wintard trolls like you and your butt-buddies.

    > So you tell me HPT, what are you Linux freaks so afraid of?
    >

    Nothing! We shall eventually dominate the desktop market in this world. Just
    you wait and see.

    > If Linux is as good as you claim, why such a low market share for
    > desktops?
    >

    Because "market share" means NOTHING with free operating systems like Linux.
    You and no one else has any idea how many Linux boxes I run here, unless I
    tell you. So much for bull**** "market share".

    > Why can't Walmart sell Linux machines?
    >

    Because Wintards shop at Wally's World. Serious computer users don't.

    > Why does it take Munich 7 years to upgrade a couple of thousand Linux
    > machines?
    >
    > Why do school districts that moved to Linux decide to move back to
    > Windows?
    >

    Maybe because teachers work in the school system and they're almost as dumb
    as you are.

    > Why does Asus decide to sell a Windows Eee PC if the Linux one is so
    > great?
    >

    Who knows? I'd never purchase one with Windozse. Only an idiot would. Maybe
    MickeyMouse has offered some other kinds of its notorious incentives to
    have Asus provide Windoze with some of those boxes?

    > Why are people who bought the Linux Eee PC removing Linux and installing
    > Windows?
    >

    They are? They must be related to you.

    > Well?
    >

    Well? How come you're such a ****wit asswipe?
    >


    Cheers.

    --

    "Linux is a very complete and sophisticated operating system. And there is a
    lot of work being done to improve it in and of itself, particularly to make
    it easier to use and easier for people to set up on their personal
    computers."

    --Paul Maritz, senior vice-president of platforms and applications,
    Microsoft

    Latest Patch for MS Word ...
    http://tinyurl.com/2cpbev

    How to get help at Microsoft Support ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C2SIZ5qsSQ

  3. Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 years—for budget laptops only

    On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:17:54 -0700, NoStop wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:52:01 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>
    >>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Not too surprising. Visduh sure isn't suitable for small devices...
    >>>>>
    >>>>> ... and large devices also.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>

    > http://www.gamespot.com/users/macrul...m-100-25371189
    >>>>>
    >>>>> [quote]
    >>>>> Another reason to hate Windows Vista
    >>>>
    >>>> Why
    >>>
    >>> Really sad that you have nothing better to say, putting words in people's
    >>> mouths they never said. But then, I would expect nothing less from a
    >>> winboi like you.

    >>
    >> Well let's take a look at COLA and see what's going on, shall we?
    >>

    > Yes, let's do that Mr. Soap Dish.
    >
    >> Why so many anti-Microsoft posts?
    >>

    > Because most sensible computer users who've been around hate Microsoft.
    >
    >> Why all the discussion of what Windows /Microsoft cannot, won't, will not
    >> do instead of what Linux CAN do?
    >>
    >> Hmmm?
    >>

    > Because WE know what Linux can do and how inferior M$'s toy operating
    > systems are in comparision.
    >
    >> This is supposed to be a Linux advocacy group but by just reading the
    >> posts you would never know it.
    >>

    > Thanks to Wintard trolls like you and your butt-buddies.
    >
    >> So you tell me HPT, what are you Linux freaks so afraid of?
    >>

    > Nothing! We shall eventually dominate the desktop market in this world. Just
    > you wait and see.
    >
    >> If Linux is as good as you claim, why such a low market share for
    >> desktops?
    >>

    > Because "market share" means NOTHING with free operating systems like Linux.
    > You and no one else has any idea how many Linux boxes I run here, unless I
    > tell you. So much for bull**** "market share".
    >
    >> Why can't Walmart sell Linux machines?
    >>

    > Because Wintards shop at Wally's World. Serious computer users don't.
    >
    >> Why does it take Munich 7 years to upgrade a couple of thousand Linux
    >> machines?
    >>
    >> Why do school districts that moved to Linux decide to move back to
    >> Windows?
    >>

    > Maybe because teachers work in the school system and they're almost as dumb
    > as you are.
    >
    >> Why does Asus decide to sell a Windows Eee PC if the Linux one is so
    >> great?
    >>

    > Who knows? I'd never purchase one with Windozse. Only an idiot would. Maybe
    > MickeyMouse has offered some other kinds of its notorious incentives to
    > have Asus provide Windoze with some of those boxes?
    >
    >> Why are people who bought the Linux Eee PC removing Linux and installing
    >> Windows?
    >>

    > They are? They must be related to you.
    >
    >> Well?
    >>

    > Well? How come you're such a ****wit asswipe?
    >>

    >
    > Cheers.


    Linux advocacy at it's finest....
    Tell me, why is it that Linux seems to attract the bottom of the barrel?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  4. Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 years—for budget laptops only

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > Why do school districts that moved to Linux decide to move back to Windows?


    Please name one that did that.

  5. Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 years—for budget laptops only

    Matt wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> Why do school districts that moved to Linux decide to move back to
    >> Windows?

    >
    > Please name one that did that.


    The Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar School near Melbourne. And there may be
    others!

    Are you satisfited?

    http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16721/1090/



  6. Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 years—for budget laptops only

    On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 07:47:07 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

    > Matt wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why do school districts that moved to Linux decide to move back to
    >>> Windows?

    >>
    >> Please name one that did that.

    >
    > The Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar School near Melbourne. And there may be
    > others!
    >
    > Are you satisfited?
    >
    > http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16721/1090/


    You beat me to it.


    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 years—for budget laptops only

    HeyBub wrote:
    > Matt wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why do school districts that moved to Linux decide to move back to
    >>> Windows?

    >> Please name one that did that.

    >
    > The Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar School near Melbourne.


    Glad you mentioned it.

    That is one school---not a school district. 350 desktops.

    As an exercise, compare it to the hundreds of thousands of students
    still using Linux in:

    Macedonian schools
    Indiana schools
    Schools in the Extremadura region of Spain
    Russian Schools
    Philippine High Schools
    12,500 high schools in Kerala, India

    Go ahead---google.

    That doesn't include other hundreds of thousands of students that are
    taking up Linux on the XO/OLPC computer.

    > And there may be
    > others!


    May be ...you seem excited!

    But you won't find that another _school_, much less even one school
    _district_ has switched from Linux back to Windows.

    > Are you satisfited?
    >


    Are you?

    > http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16721/1090/


    I expect they'll be back in a few years ...

  8. Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 years—for budget laptops only

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 07:47:07 -0500, HeyBub wrote:
    >
    >> Matt wrote:
    >>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Why do school districts that moved to Linux decide to move back to
    >>>> Windows?
    >>> Please name one that did that.

    >> The Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar School near Melbourne. And there may be
    >> others!
    >>
    >> Are you satisfited?
    >>
    >> http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16721/1090/

    >
    > You beat me to it.


    He beat you to being _wrong_.

    That is one school---not a school district. 350 desktops.

    As an exercise, compare it to the hundreds of thousands of students
    still using Linux in:

    Macedonian schools
    Indiana schools
    Schools in the Extremadura region of Spain
    Russian Schools
    Philippine High Schools
    12,500 high schools in Kerala, India

    Go ahead---google.

    That doesn't include other hundreds of thousands of students that are
    taking up Linux on the XO/OLPC computer.

  9. Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 years—forbudget laptops only

    Matt writes:

    > HeyBub wrote:
    >> Matt wrote:
    >>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Why do school districts that moved to Linux decide to move back to
    >>>> Windows?
    >>> Please name one that did that.

    >>
    >> The Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar School near Melbourne.

    >
    > Glad you mentioned it.
    >
    > That is one school---not a school district. 350 desktops.
    >
    > As an exercise, compare it to the hundreds of thousands of students
    > still using Linux in:
    >
    > Macedonian schools
    > Indiana schools
    > Schools in the Extremadura region of Spain
    > Russian Schools
    > Philippine High Schools
    > 12,500 high schools in Kerala, India
    >
    > Go ahead---google.
    >
    > That doesn't include other hundreds of thousands of students that are
    > taking up Linux on the XO/OLPC computer.
    >
    >> And there may be others!

    >
    > May be ...you seem excited!
    >
    > But you won't find that another _school_, much less even one school
    > _district_ has switched from Linux back to Windows.


    You seem very sure.

  10. Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 years—forbudget laptops only

    Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    > On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:17:54 -0700, NoStop wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:52:01 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>>> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>>>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Not too surprising. Visduh sure isn't suitable for small devices...
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> ... and large devices also.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>

    >> http://www.gamespot.com/users/macrul...m-100-25371189
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> [quote]
    >>>>>> Another reason to hate Windows Vista
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Why
    >>>>
    >>>> Really sad that you have nothing better to say, putting words in people's
    >>>> mouths they never said. But then, I would expect nothing less from a
    >>>> winboi like you.
    >>>
    >>> Well let's take a look at COLA and see what's going on, shall we?
    >>>

    >> Yes, let's do that Mr. Soap Dish.
    >>
    >>> Why so many anti-Microsoft posts?
    >>>

    >> Because most sensible computer users who've been around hate
    >> Microsoft.


    NoStop must be one of the most ignorant and hateful posters in the
    history of COLA. So clueless his rants make me blush with embarrassment
    for him.

    >>
    >>> Why all the discussion of what Windows /Microsoft cannot, won't, will not
    >>> do instead of what Linux CAN do?
    >>>
    >>> Hmmm?
    >>>

    >> Because WE know what Linux can do and how inferior M$'s toy operating
    >> systems are in comparision.


    The royal we? Or the big head NoStop "we"?

    >>
    >>> This is supposed to be a Linux advocacy group but by just reading the
    >>> posts you would never know it.
    >>>

    >> Thanks to Wintard trolls like you and your butt-buddies.


    "Wintard trolls". God but you're a ****ing small minded, bigoted idiot. Hilarious.

    >>
    >>> So you tell me HPT, what are you Linux freaks so afraid of?
    >>>

    >> Nothing! We shall eventually dominate the desktop market in this world. Just
    >> you wait and see.
    >>
    >>> If Linux is as good as you claim, why such a low market share for
    >>> desktops?
    >>>

    >> Because "market share" means NOTHING with free operating systems like
    >> Linux.


    It does to anyone with a clue. It means what % of the potential seats
    are Linux ones. Not very difficult: even for you one would have
    thought. More Linux market share should mean less Windows share. So less
    Windows share means less income for Microsoft who you to profess to hate
    so much. So more share for Linux can only a good thing. Why would you be
    so stupid (or just plain ignorant) to deny that?

    Your posts are so full of hate I sometimes wonder if you are sane.

  11. Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 years—forbudget laptops only

    Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    > On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:17:54 -0700, NoStop wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:52:01 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>>> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>>>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Not too surprising. Visduh sure isn't suitable for small devices...
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> ... and large devices also.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>

    >> http://www.gamespot.com/users/macrul...m-100-25371189
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> [quote]
    >>>>>> Another reason to hate Windows Vista
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Why
    >>>>
    >>>> Really sad that you have nothing better to say, putting words in people's
    >>>> mouths they never said. But then, I would expect nothing less from a
    >>>> winboi like you.
    >>>
    >>> Well let's take a look at COLA and see what's going on, shall we?
    >>>

    >> Yes, let's do that Mr. Soap Dish.
    >>
    >>> Why so many anti-Microsoft posts?
    >>>

    >> Because most sensible computer users who've been around hate Microsoft.
    >>
    >>> Why all the discussion of what Windows /Microsoft cannot, won't, will not
    >>> do instead of what Linux CAN do?
    >>>
    >>> Hmmm?
    >>>

    >> Because WE know what Linux can do and how inferior M$'s toy operating
    >> systems are in comparision.
    >>
    >>> This is supposed to be a Linux advocacy group but by just reading the
    >>> posts you would never know it.
    >>>

    >> Thanks to Wintard trolls like you and your butt-buddies.
    >>
    >>> So you tell me HPT, what are you Linux freaks so afraid of?
    >>>

    >> Nothing! We shall eventually dominate the desktop market in this world. Just
    >> you wait and see.
    >>
    >>> If Linux is as good as you claim, why such a low market share for
    >>> desktops?
    >>>

    >> Because "market share" means NOTHING with free operating systems like Linux.
    >> You and no one else has any idea how many Linux boxes I run here, unless I
    >> tell you. So much for bull**** "market share".
    >>
    >>> Why can't Walmart sell Linux machines?
    >>>

    >> Because Wintards shop at Wally's World. Serious computer users don't.
    >>
    >>> Why does it take Munich 7 years to upgrade a couple of thousand Linux
    >>> machines?
    >>>
    >>> Why do school districts that moved to Linux decide to move back to
    >>> Windows?
    >>>

    >> Maybe because teachers work in the school system and they're almost as dumb
    >> as you are.
    >>
    >>> Why does Asus decide to sell a Windows Eee PC if the Linux one is so
    >>> great?
    >>>

    >> Who knows? I'd never purchase one with Windozse. Only an idiot would. Maybe
    >> MickeyMouse has offered some other kinds of its notorious incentives to
    >> have Asus provide Windoze with some of those boxes?
    >>
    >>> Why are people who bought the Linux Eee PC removing Linux and installing
    >>> Windows?
    >>>

    >> They are? They must be related to you.
    >>
    >>> Well?
    >>>

    >> Well? How come you're such a ****wit asswipe?
    >>>

    >>
    >> Cheers.

    >
    > Linux advocacy at it's finest....
    > Tell me, why is it that Linux seems to attract the bottom of the
    > barrel?


    "bottom" !Funny. Was that a pun following "asswipe". NoStop is a nasty
    piece of work isn't he? I suspect he's a potential Hans Reiser in the
    making but without the brains.

    --
    This year with the release of XP, they are actually behind. The end days
    are near for the BIOS reading inferior OS. It is inevitable.
    comp.os.linux.advocacy - where they put the lunacy in advocacy

  12. Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 yearsˇXfor budget laptops only

    On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 21:10:53 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb writes:
    >
    >> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:17:54 -0700, NoStop wrote:
    >>
    >>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:52:01 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>>>> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>>>>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Not too surprising. Visduh sure isn't suitable for small devices...
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> ... and large devices also.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>> http://www.gamespot.com/users/macrul...m-100-25371189
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> [quote]
    >>>>>>> Another reason to hate Windows Vista
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Why
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Really sad that you have nothing better to say, putting words in people's
    >>>>> mouths they never said. But then, I would expect nothing less from a
    >>>>> winboi like you.
    >>>>
    >>>> Well let's take a look at COLA and see what's going on, shall we?
    >>>>
    >>> Yes, let's do that Mr. Soap Dish.
    >>>
    >>>> Why so many anti-Microsoft posts?
    >>>>
    >>> Because most sensible computer users who've been around hate
    >>> Microsoft.

    >
    > NoStop must be one of the most ignorant and hateful posters in the
    > history of COLA. So clueless his rants make me blush with embarrassment
    > for him.


    That's probably how he got his nym.
    Throughout his life people kept telling him "No, stop. 'Please stop'.


    >>>
    >>>> Why all the discussion of what Windows /Microsoft cannot, won't, will not
    >>>> do instead of what Linux CAN do?
    >>>>
    >>>> Hmmm?
    >>>>
    >>> Because WE know what Linux can do and how inferior M$'s toy operating
    >>> systems are in comparision.

    >
    > The royal we? Or the big head NoStop "we"?
    >
    >>>
    >>>> This is supposed to be a Linux advocacy group but by just reading the
    >>>> posts you would never know it.
    >>>>
    >>> Thanks to Wintard trolls like you and your butt-buddies.

    >
    > "Wintard trolls". God but you're a ****ing small minded, bigoted idiot. Hilarious.


    Notice the obsession with the anus.
    Something is very odd with these Linux loons.

    >>>
    >>>> So you tell me HPT, what are you Linux freaks so afraid of?
    >>>>
    >>> Nothing! We shall eventually dominate the desktop market in this world. Just
    >>> you wait and see.
    >>>
    >>>> If Linux is as good as you claim, why such a low market share for
    >>>> desktops?
    >>>>
    >>> Because "market share" means NOTHING with free operating systems like
    >>> Linux.

    >
    > It does to anyone with a clue. It means what % of the potential seats
    > are Linux ones. Not very difficult: even for you one would have
    > thought. More Linux market share should mean less Windows share. So less
    > Windows share means less income for Microsoft who you to profess to hate
    > so much. So more share for Linux can only a good thing. Why would you be
    > so stupid (or just plain ignorant) to deny that?
    >
    > Your posts are so full of hate I sometimes wonder if you are sane.


    He's probably mentally retarded like Joseph Michael, AKA 7 is.
    COLA seems to attract the weak and down trodden.


    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  13. Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 yearsˇXfor budget laptops only

    On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 21:11:58 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb writes:
    >
    >> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:17:54 -0700, NoStop wrote:
    >>
    >>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:52:01 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>>>> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>>>>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Not too surprising. Visduh sure isn't suitable for small devices...
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> ... and large devices also.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>> http://www.gamespot.com/users/macrul...m-100-25371189
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> [quote]
    >>>>>>> Another reason to hate Windows Vista
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Why
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Really sad that you have nothing better to say, putting words in people's
    >>>>> mouths they never said. But then, I would expect nothing less from a
    >>>>> winboi like you.
    >>>>
    >>>> Well let's take a look at COLA and see what's going on, shall we?
    >>>>
    >>> Yes, let's do that Mr. Soap Dish.
    >>>
    >>>> Why so many anti-Microsoft posts?
    >>>>
    >>> Because most sensible computer users who've been around hate Microsoft.
    >>>
    >>>> Why all the discussion of what Windows /Microsoft cannot, won't, will not
    >>>> do instead of what Linux CAN do?
    >>>>
    >>>> Hmmm?
    >>>>
    >>> Because WE know what Linux can do and how inferior M$'s toy operating
    >>> systems are in comparision.
    >>>
    >>>> This is supposed to be a Linux advocacy group but by just reading the
    >>>> posts you would never know it.
    >>>>
    >>> Thanks to Wintard trolls like you and your butt-buddies.
    >>>
    >>>> So you tell me HPT, what are you Linux freaks so afraid of?
    >>>>
    >>> Nothing! We shall eventually dominate the desktop market in this world. Just
    >>> you wait and see.
    >>>
    >>>> If Linux is as good as you claim, why such a low market share for
    >>>> desktops?
    >>>>
    >>> Because "market share" means NOTHING with free operating systems like Linux.
    >>> You and no one else has any idea how many Linux boxes I run here, unless I
    >>> tell you. So much for bull**** "market share".
    >>>
    >>>> Why can't Walmart sell Linux machines?
    >>>>
    >>> Because Wintards shop at Wally's World. Serious computer users don't.
    >>>
    >>>> Why does it take Munich 7 years to upgrade a couple of thousand Linux
    >>>> machines?
    >>>>
    >>>> Why do school districts that moved to Linux decide to move back to
    >>>> Windows?
    >>>>
    >>> Maybe because teachers work in the school system and they're almost as dumb
    >>> as you are.
    >>>
    >>>> Why does Asus decide to sell a Windows Eee PC if the Linux one is so
    >>>> great?
    >>>>
    >>> Who knows? I'd never purchase one with Windozse. Only an idiot would. Maybe
    >>> MickeyMouse has offered some other kinds of its notorious incentives to
    >>> have Asus provide Windoze with some of those boxes?
    >>>
    >>>> Why are people who bought the Linux Eee PC removing Linux and installing
    >>>> Windows?
    >>>>
    >>> They are? They must be related to you.
    >>>
    >>>> Well?
    >>>>
    >>> Well? How come you're such a ****wit asswipe?
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> Cheers.

    >>
    >> Linux advocacy at it's finest....
    >> Tell me, why is it that Linux seems to attract the bottom of the
    >> barrel?

    >
    > "bottom" !Funny. Was that a pun following "asswipe". NoStop is a nasty
    > piece of work isn't he? I suspect he's a potential Hans Reiser in the
    > making but without the brains.


    Yea it was supposed to be a pun.
    I didn't think any of the Linux loons would get it though....

    A mind is a terrible thing to waste in a Linux zealot.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  14. Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 years—for budget laptops only

    Hadron wrote:
    > Matt writes:
    >
    >> HeyBub wrote:
    >>> Matt wrote:
    >>>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Why do school districts that moved to Linux decide to move back to
    >>>>> Windows?
    >>>> Please name one that did that.
    >>> The Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar School near Melbourne.

    >> Glad you mentioned it.
    >>
    >> That is one school---not a school district. 350 desktops.
    >>
    >> As an exercise, compare it to the hundreds of thousands of students
    >> still using Linux in:
    >>
    >> Macedonian schools
    >> Indiana schools
    >> Schools in the Extremadura region of Spain
    >> Russian Schools
    >> Philippine High Schools
    >> 12,500 high schools in Kerala, India
    >>
    >> Go ahead---google.
    >>
    >> That doesn't include other hundreds of thousands of students that are
    >> taking up Linux on the XO/OLPC computer.
    >>
    >>> And there may be others!

    >> May be ...you seem excited!
    >>
    >> But you won't find that another _school_, much less even one school
    >> _district_ has switched from Linux back to Windows.

    >
    > You seem very sure.


    I propose these conditions to ensure significance:

    * school or school district
    * ran Linux on 80% of its desktops for more than a year
    * total desktops at least 100.
    * other than the Strathcona Baptist school already counted

    The conditions are far weaker than required to support Goldfarb's claim,
    but I'm sure we'd all like to know about related phenomena. If you find
    anything, though, I'm likely to mention another condition:

    * school receives no discount from MS compared to other schools

  15. Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 yearsˇXfor budget laptops only

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 21:10:53 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb writes:
    >>
    >>> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:17:54 -0700, NoStop wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:52:01 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>>>>> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>>>>>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Not too surprising. Visduh sure isn't suitable for small
    >>>>>>>>> devices...
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> ... and large devices also.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>> http://www.gamespot.com/users/macrul...m-100-25371189
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> [quote]
    >>>>>>>> Another reason to hate Windows Vista
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Why
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Really sad that you have nothing better to say, putting words in
    >>>>>> people's mouths they never said. But then, I would expect
    >>>>>> nothing less from a winboi like you.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Well let's take a look at COLA and see what's going on, shall we?
    >>>>>
    >>>> Yes, let's do that Mr. Soap Dish.
    >>>>
    >>>>> Why so many anti-Microsoft posts?
    >>>>>
    >>>> Because most sensible computer users who've been around hate
    >>>> Microsoft.

    >>
    >> NoStop must be one of the most ignorant and hateful posters in the
    >> history of COLA. So clueless his rants make me blush with
    >> embarrassment
    >> for him.

    >
    > That's probably how he got his nym.
    > Throughout his life people kept telling him "No, stop. 'Please stop'.
    >


    ....Which makes me wonder how Had-ron got his nym?

    --
    http://www.kustomkomputa.co.uk
    - Personalised Desktop Computers



  16. Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 years¡Xfor budgetlaptops only

    "Dr.Hal0nf1rÂŁ$" writes:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 21:10:53 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Moshe Goldfarb writes:
    >>>
    >>>> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:17:54 -0700, NoStop wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:52:01 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>>>>>> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>>>>>>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>> Not too surprising. Visduh sure isn't suitable for small
    >>>>>>>>>> devices...
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> ... and large devices also.
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>> http://www.gamespot.com/users/macrul...m-100-25371189
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> [quote]
    >>>>>>>>> Another reason to hate Windows Vista
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Why
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Really sad that you have nothing better to say, putting words in
    >>>>>>> people's mouths they never said. But then, I would expect
    >>>>>>> nothing less from a winboi like you.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Well let's take a look at COLA and see what's going on, shall we?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> Yes, let's do that Mr. Soap Dish.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Why so many anti-Microsoft posts?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> Because most sensible computer users who've been around hate
    >>>>> Microsoft.
    >>>
    >>> NoStop must be one of the most ignorant and hateful posters in the
    >>> history of COLA. So clueless his rants make me blush with
    >>> embarrassment
    >>> for him.

    >>
    >> That's probably how he got his nym.
    >> Throughout his life people kept telling him "No, stop. 'Please stop'.
    >>

    >
    > ...Which makes me wonder how Had-ron got his nym?


    "Hardon" is better. But don't tell Marti or Lipstick Vampire.

    It rhymes with my first and last names actually. That and the fact that
    I was a serious physics student at one time.

  17. Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 years¡Xfor budget laptops only

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Dr.Hal0nf1rÂŁ$" writes:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>> On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 21:10:53 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Moshe Goldfarb writes:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:17:54 -0700, NoStop wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:52:01 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>>>>>>> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>> Not too surprising. Visduh sure isn't suitable for small
    >>>>>>>>>>> devices...
    >>>>>>>>>> ... and large devices also.
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>> http://www.gamespot.com/users/macrul...m-100-25371189
    >>>>>>>>>> [quote]
    >>>>>>>>>> Another reason to hate Windows Vista
    >>>>>>>>> Why
    >>>>>>>> Really sad that you have nothing better to say, putting words in
    >>>>>>>> people's mouths they never said. But then, I would expect
    >>>>>>>> nothing less from a winboi like you.
    >>>>>>> Well let's take a look at COLA and see what's going on, shall we?
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>> Yes, let's do that Mr. Soap Dish.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Why so many anti-Microsoft posts?
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>> Because most sensible computer users who've been around hate
    >>>>>> Microsoft.
    >>>> NoStop must be one of the most ignorant and hateful posters in the
    >>>> history of COLA. So clueless his rants make me blush with
    >>>> embarrassment
    >>>> for him.
    >>> That's probably how he got his nym.
    >>> Throughout his life people kept telling him "No, stop. 'Please stop'.
    >>>

    >> ...Which makes me wonder how Had-ron got his nym?

    >
    > "Hardon" is better. But don't tell Marti or Lipstick Vampire.
    >
    > It rhymes with my first and last names actually. That and the fact that
    > I was a serious physics student at one time.



    I was wondering if you took it from the collider.
    caver1


  18. Re: Microsoft extends XP Home 2 yearsˇXfor budget laptops only

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Dr.Hal0nf1rŁ$" writes:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>> On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 21:10:53 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Moshe Goldfarb writes:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:17:54 -0700, NoStop wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:52:01 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>>>>>>> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>> Not too surprising. Visduh sure isn't suitable for small
    >>>>>>>>>>> devices...
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>> ... and large devices also.
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>> http://www.gamespot.com/users/macrul...m-100-25371189
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>> [quote]
    >>>>>>>>>> Another reason to hate Windows Vista
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Why
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Really sad that you have nothing better to say, putting words
    >>>>>>>> in people's mouths they never said. But then, I would expect
    >>>>>>>> nothing less from a winboi like you.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Well let's take a look at COLA and see what's going on, shall
    >>>>>>> we?
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>> Yes, let's do that Mr. Soap Dish.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Why so many anti-Microsoft posts?
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>> Because most sensible computer users who've been around hate
    >>>>>> Microsoft.
    >>>>
    >>>> NoStop must be one of the most ignorant and hateful posters in the
    >>>> history of COLA. So clueless his rants make me blush with
    >>>> embarrassment
    >>>> for him.
    >>>
    >>> That's probably how he got his nym.
    >>> Throughout his life people kept telling him "No, stop. 'Please
    >>> stop'.
    >>>

    >>
    >> ...Which makes me wonder how Had-ron got his nym?

    >
    > "Hardon" is better. But don't tell Marti or Lipstick Vampire.
    >
    > It rhymes with my first and last names actually.


    Tardon Pardon?

    Garden Warden?

    > That and the fact
    > that I was a serious physics student at one time.


    'Just working out something to rhyme with massive vector bosun.

    --
    http://www.kustomkomputa.co.uk
    - Personalised Desktop Computers



+ Reply to Thread