Re: 72% of companies to upgrade to MS-Office 2007 within 12 months - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: 72% of companies to upgrade to MS-Office 2007 within 12 months - Ubuntu ; Anonymous writes: > dennis@home wrote: > >> >> >> "Rick" wrote in message >> news fOdnUY1yIcL_G7anZ2dnUVZ_jmdnZ2d@supernews.com... >> > On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 10:51:56 +0100, dennis@home wrote: >> > >> >> "Rick" wrote in message >> >> news:eKednfwLpeNVW2_anZ2dnUVZ_gednZ2d@supernews.co m... >> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Re: 72% of companies to upgrade to MS-Office 2007 within 12 months

  1. Re: 72% of companies to upgrade to MS-Office 2007 within 12 months

    Anonymous writes:

    > dennis@home wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>
    >> "Rick" wrote in message
    >> newsfOdnUY1yIcL_G7anZ2dnUVZ_jmdnZ2d@supernews.com...
    >> > On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 10:51:56 +0100, dennis@home wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> "Rick" wrote in message
    >> >> news:eKednfwLpeNVW2_anZ2dnUVZ_gednZ2d@supernews.co m...
    >> >>
    >> >>
    >> >>>> How many are planning to move to Open Office?
    >> >>>
    >> >>> Who knows? Any positive number is a good number.
    >> >>
    >> >> Why is it?
    >> >
    >> > Almost anything that lessens business for Microsoft is a good
    >> > thing. Yeah, that's the anti-MS bias in me.

    >>
    >> So its reasonable to disregard anything you say as it has a bias
    >> which works against the users interests.

    >
    > No, it's convenient for you because he acknowledges his bias,
    > unlike Windroids like you who try and hide it. But it doesn't make
    > any of his points less valid.
    >
    >
    >> All you want to do is remove choice, not make things better for
    >> the user.
    >>
    >> >
    >> >> What possible advantage does it have to anyone?
    >> >
    >> > It costs a lot less.

    >>
    >> Less than something you have?

    >
    > Yes. As much less as what you paid for it in fact. And you don't
    > have to worry about future costs either, when your overpriced
    > version is dropped from the support program and you're forced to
    > pay yet AGAIN for "software you already have" just for the false


    Tell me did you only ever pay ONCE for a TV LIcense? Do you go to your
    local cinema for free because you paid to see Star Wars once? Do you
    refuse to pay your garage mechanic when he servcies your car? Do you ask
    for a refund when Ford discontinue your model of car for whatever
    reason?

    You're another "everything for free" loony.

  2. Re: 72% of companies to upgrade to MS-Office 2007 within 12 months

    Hadron wrote:


    *chuckle*

    I see the truth is so painful for you that you've not only found
    yourself compelled to embarrass yourself by replying to messages
    you've made vapid claims about kill filing, but also managed to chat
    yourself into the position of supporting your opponent's
    arguments. Desperation got the best of you twice over I see

    > > Yes. As much less as what you paid for it in fact. And you don't
    > > have to worry about future costs either, when your overpriced
    > > version is dropped from the support program and you're forced to
    > > pay yet AGAIN for "software you already have" just for the false

    >
    > Tell me did you only ever pay ONCE for a TV LIcense?


    No. I'm not a broadcaster. I've never purchased any sort of
    license at all.

    > Do you go to
    > your local cinema for free because you paid to see Star Wars
    > once?


    No. Haven't been to the cinema in decades. Since long before Star
    Wars was released. But your analogy is interesting because it
    highlights the fact that cinema goers generally purchase different
    "software" for completely new purposes each time they visit, not
    pay over and over to see the same old flick. Unless of course
    they're horribly obsessed.

    Thanks for bringing that knife edge blow to the back of
    Micro$loth's neck to our attention, Quack.

    > Do you refuse to pay your garage mechanic when he servcies
    > your car?


    If I didn't attend to all my own service and repairs, it would
    depend. If it's something I'd already paid for, I certainly would
    not. I'd demand that the service tech remedy whatever they
    neglected at their own expense. And perhaps request a little
    something for my own time and trouble since I'd be investing some
    of it in their mistake at least.

    If you're so lacking in the self respect area that you'd pay twice
    for shoddy or incomplete work that's your problem. But it sure does
    help explain why you're a Windroid, so thanks for sharing it
    anyway.

    > Do you ask for a refund when Ford discontinue your
    > model of car for whatever reason?


    Of course not. But then, my old car isn't unfit for traversing the
    infrastructure and riddled with flaws that are being attacked 24/7
    by children trying to steal it either. If in fact that WERE the
    case, you can rest assured that I and every other "Ford Owner" (I'm
    a Chevy guy) would be demanding that Ford address occurrences of
    their negligence/incompetence as they arose, for as long as my Ford
    was on the road, whether or not they still make the model or not.
    And we'd be doing so with the full blessing and support of agencies
    like the BBB and Consumer Protection Agency.

    *chuckle*

    I suppose this point I should be thanking you profusely for pointing
    out some prime examples of why Micro$loth Orifice is a piss poor
    choice when better, free alternatives exist, even if you currently
    own a copy. Orifice is truly nothing but both a long and short term
    liability.

    > You're another "everything for free" loony.


    Of course I'm not, but in your amusing rush to label me as such you
    completely eviscerated MD5-boy's "cost the same" idiocy.

    So an additional thank you is in order.

    Thank you!


  3. Re: 72% of companies to upgrade to MS-Office 2007 within 12 months

    Nomen Nescio writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >
    > *chuckle*


    Nice clipping.

    > I see the truth is so painful for you that you've not only found
    > yourself compelled to embarrass yourself by replying to messages
    > you've made vapid claims about kill filing, but also managed to chat


    Kill filing? What are you talking about?

    *rest unread*

  4. Re: 72% of companies to upgrade to MS-Office 2007 within 12 months

    Nomen Nescio wrote:
    >
    > Of course not. But then, my old car isn't unfit for traversing the
    > infrastructure and riddled with flaws that are being attacked 24/7
    > by children trying to steal it either. If in fact that WERE the
    > case, you can rest assured that I and every other "Ford Owner" (I'm
    > a Chevy guy) would be demanding that Ford address occurrences of
    > their negligence/incompetence as they arose, for as long as my Ford
    > was on the road, whether or not they still make the model or not.


    Indeed, has the guy never heard of factory recalls? Can you imagine M$
    doing that? LOL

    Cheers

    Ian

  5. Re: 72% of companies to upgrade to MS-Office 2007 within 12 months

    Hadron wrote:

    > *rest unread*


    Love it!

    Since it scared you to death the first time, here it all is again.

    Enjoy it again, coward...

    > Tell me did you only ever pay ONCE for a TV LIcense?


    No. I'm not a broadcaster. I've never purchased any sort of
    license at all.

    > Do you go to
    > your local cinema for free because you paid to see Star Wars
    > once?


    No. Haven't been to the cinema in decades. Since long before Star
    Wars was released. But your analogy is interesting because it
    highlights the fact that cinema goers generally purchase different
    "software" for completely new purposes each time they visit, not
    pay over and over to see the same old flick. Unless of course
    they're horribly obsessed.

    Thanks for bringing that knife edge blow to the back of
    Micro$loth's neck to our attention, Quack.

    > Do you refuse to pay your garage mechanic when he servcies
    > your car?


    If I didn't attend to all my own service and repairs, it would
    depend. If it's something I'd already paid for, I certainly would
    not. I'd demand that the service tech remedy whatever they
    neglected at their own expense. And perhaps request a little
    something for my own time and trouble since I'd be investing some
    of it in their mistake at least.

    If you're so lacking in the self respect area that you'd pay twice
    for shoddy or incomplete work that's your problem. But it sure does
    help explain why you're a Windroid, so thanks for sharing it
    anyway.

    > Do you ask for a refund when Ford discontinue your
    > model of car for whatever reason?


    Of course not. But then, my old car isn't unfit for traversing the
    infrastructure and riddled with flaws that are being attacked 24/7
    by children trying to steal it either. If in fact that WERE the
    case, you can rest assured that I and every other "Ford Owner" (I'm
    a Chevy guy) would be demanding that Ford address occurrences of
    their negligence/incompetence as they arose, for as long as my Ford
    was on the road, whether or not they still make the model or not.
    And we'd be doing so with the full blessing and support of agencies
    like the BBB and Consumer Protection Agency.

    *chuckle*

    I suppose this point I should be thanking you profusely for pointing
    out some prime examples of why Micro$loth Orifice is a piss poor
    choice when better, free alternatives exist, even if you currently
    own a copy. Orifice is truly nothing but both a long and short term
    liability.

    > You're another "everything for free" loony.


    Of course I'm not, but in your amusing rush to label me as such you
    completely eviscerated MD5-boy's "cost the same" idiocy.

    So an additional thank you is in order.

    Thank you!


  6. Re: 72% of companies to upgrade to MS-Office 2007 within 12 months

    Hadron wrote:

    > Nomen Nescio writes:
    >
    > > Hadron wrote:
    > >
    > >
    > > *chuckle*

    >
    > Nice clipping.
    >
    > > I see the truth is so painful for you that you've not only found
    > > yourself compelled to embarrass yourself by replying to messages
    > > you've made vapid claims about kill filing, but also managed to
    > > chat

    >
    > Kill filing? What are you talking about?
    >
    > *rest unread*


    *laugh*

    You're pathetic. So desperate you feign stupidity even you aren't
    capable of, then scurry away from the rest pretending you never
    even saw it.

    Spanking your ass is getting to be almost too easy Quack. I mean
    you SEEM like you have something vaguely resembling a testicle when
    you're picking on people you believe to be weaker, but when someone
    really shoves your stupidity back in your face you whimper and cave
    like a prison bitch.




  7. Re: 72% of companies to upgrade to MS-Office 2007 within 12 months

    Anonymous Sender writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Nomen Nescio writes:
    >>
    >> > Hadron wrote:
    >> >
    >> >
    >> > *chuckle*

    >>
    >> Nice clipping.
    >>
    >> > I see the truth is so painful for you that you've not only found
    >> > yourself compelled to embarrass yourself by replying to messages
    >> > you've made vapid claims about kill filing, but also managed to
    >> > chat

    >>
    >> Kill filing? What are you talking about?
    >>
    >> *rest unread*

    >
    > *laugh*
    >
    > You're pathetic. So desperate you feign stupidity even you aren't
    > capable of, then scurry away from the rest pretending you never
    > even saw it.
    >
    > Spanking your ass is getting to be almost too easy Quack. I mean
    > you SEEM like you have something vaguely resembling a testicle when
    > you're picking on people you believe to be weaker, but when someone
    > really shoves your stupidity back in your face you whimper and cave
    > like a prison bitch.
    >
    >
    >


    This would be all well and good if true. But I am not generally a
    killfiler which makes the opening statements complete baloney.

  8. Re: 72% of companies to upgrade to MS-Office 2007 within 12 months

    Hadron wrote:

    > Anonymous Sender writes:
    >
    > > Hadron wrote:
    > >
    > >> Nomen Nescio writes:
    > >>
    > >> > Hadron wrote:
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >> > *chuckle*
    > >>
    > >> Nice clipping.
    > >>
    > >> > I see the truth is so painful for you that you've not only
    > >> > found yourself compelled to embarrass yourself by replying
    > >> > to messages you've made vapid claims about kill filing, but
    > >> > also managed to chat
    > >>
    > >> Kill filing? What are you talking about?
    > >>
    > >> *rest unread*

    > >
    > > *laugh*
    > >
    > > You're pathetic. So desperate you feign stupidity even you
    > > aren't capable of, then scurry away from the rest pretending
    > > you never even saw it.
    > >
    > > Spanking your ass is getting to be almost too easy Quack. I mean
    > > you SEEM like you have something vaguely resembling a testicle
    > > when you're picking on people you believe to be weaker, but
    > > when someone really shoves your stupidity back in your face you
    > > whimper and cave like a prison bitch.
    > >
    > >
    > >

    >
    > This would be all well and good if true. But I am not generally a
    > killfiler which makes the opening statements complete baloney.


    No, you're not a killfiler, you only claim to be when you're having
    your ass handed to you. Just like your pathetic "rest unread"
    bull****. It's the Usenet version of a four year old stickig
    hisfingers in his ears and screaming "NAA NAA NAA NAA NAAA!".
    Except that just like that real life four year old .wWe know you're
    lying because you reply to people you claim to have kill filed (the
    last time I busted you the very same day you said it), and read
    every word. In fact you don't even have the GUTS to address the
    real issues here, the ones you claimed not to have read the first
    time and couldn't even bear that the second.

    You're nothing but a pathetic loser. Literate, I'll give you that,
    but you obviously have absolutely nothing that resembles a life or
    you wouldn't be here day in and day out trolling Linux groups.























  9. Re: 72% of companies to upgrade to MS-Office 2007 within 12 months

    Nomen Nescio writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Anonymous Sender writes:
    >>
    >> > Hadron wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> Nomen Nescio writes:
    >> >>
    >> >> > Hadron wrote:
    >> >> >
    >> >> >
    >> >> > *chuckle*
    >> >>
    >> >> Nice clipping.
    >> >>
    >> >> > I see the truth is so painful for you that you've not only
    >> >> > found yourself compelled to embarrass yourself by replying
    >> >> > to messages you've made vapid claims about kill filing, but
    >> >> > also managed to chat
    >> >>
    >> >> Kill filing? What are you talking about?
    >> >>
    >> >> *rest unread*
    >> >
    >> > *laugh*
    >> >
    >> > You're pathetic. So desperate you feign stupidity even you
    >> > aren't capable of, then scurry away from the rest pretending
    >> > you never even saw it.
    >> >
    >> > Spanking your ass is getting to be almost too easy Quack. I mean
    >> > you SEEM like you have something vaguely resembling a testicle
    >> > when you're picking on people you believe to be weaker, but
    >> > when someone really shoves your stupidity back in your face you
    >> > whimper and cave like a prison bitch.
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >

    >>
    >> This would be all well and good if true. But I am not generally a
    >> killfiler which makes the opening statements complete baloney.

    >
    > No, you're not a killfiler, you only claim to be when you're having
    > your ass handed to you. Just like your pathetic "rest unread"
    > bull****.


    Gosh you're an angry little man. I nearly always reply to entire
    posts. However when I'm clearly dealing with a loony like you it seems
    that there are better things to be doing.

    You seem to make things up as you go along. Almost Tattoo Vampire style.

  10. Re: 72% of companies to upgrade to MS-Office 2007 within 12 months

    Nomen Nescio wrote:

    > You're nothing but a pathetic loser.


    A very accurate description of Hardon Quack.

    > Literate, I'll give you that,
    > but you obviously have absolutely nothing that resembles a life or
    > you wouldn't be here day in and day out trolling Linux groups.


    I wouldn't even credit it with any "literacy". Just add the troll to your
    killfile and massively improve the signal to noise ratio of this and many
    other groups.

    C.


  11. Re: 72% of companies to upgrade to MS-Office 2007 within 12 months

    Christopher Hunter writes:

    > Nomen Nescio wrote:
    >
    >> You're nothing but a pathetic loser.

    >
    > A very accurate description of Hardon Quack.
    >
    >> Literate, I'll give you that,
    >> but you obviously have absolutely nothing that resembles a life or
    >> you wouldn't be here day in and day out trolling Linux groups.

    >
    > I wouldn't even credit it with any "literacy". Just add the troll to your
    > killfile and massively improve the signal to noise ratio of this and many
    > other groups.
    >
    > C.
    >


    As any casual reader will immediately guess - Chunt bas been "pwned" by
    me more than once. He is a rather ludicrous big head who, for some
    reason, owns up to writing half the dross in the Windows kernel. His
    excuse? He was "well paid for it". A silly, little show off with little
    if any real experience but a google load of made up stuff.

  12. Re: 72% of companies to upgrade to MS-Office 2007 within 12 months

    Hadron wrote:

    > As any casual reader will immediately guess - Chunt bas been "pwned"


    You mean "pwned", as in...

    > Tell me did you only ever pay ONCE for a TV LIcense?


    No. I'm not a broadcaster. I've never purchased any sort of
    license at all.

    > Do you go to
    > your local cinema for free because you paid to see Star Wars
    > once?


    No. Haven't been to the cinema in decades. Since long before Star
    Wars was released. But your analogy is interesting because it
    highlights the fact that cinema goers generally purchase different
    "software" for completely new purposes each time they visit, not
    pay over and over to see the same old flick. Unless of course
    they're horribly obsessed.

    Thanks for bringing that knife edge blow to the back of
    Micro$loth's neck to our attention, Quack.

    > Do you refuse to pay your garage mechanic when he servcies
    > your car?


    If I didn't attend to all my own service and repairs, it would
    depend. If it's something I'd already paid for, I certainly would
    not. I'd demand that the service tech remedy whatever they
    neglected at their own expense. And perhaps request a little
    something for my own time and trouble since I'd be investing some
    of it in their mistake at least.

    If you're so lacking in the self respect area that you'd pay twice
    for shoddy or incomplete work that's your problem. But it sure does
    help explain why you're a Windroid, so thanks for sharing it
    anyway.

    > Do you ask for a refund when Ford discontinue your
    > model of car for whatever reason?


    Of course not. But then, my old car isn't unfit for traversing the
    infrastructure and riddled with flaws that are being attacked 24/7
    by children trying to steal it either. If in fact that WERE the
    case, you can rest assured that I and every other "Ford Owner" (I'm
    a Chevy guy) would be demanding that Ford address occurrences of
    their negligence/incompetence as they arose, for as long as my Ford
    was on the road, whether or not they still make the model or not.
    And we'd be doing so with the full blessing and support of agencies
    like the BBB and Consumer Protection Agency.

    *chuckle*

    I suppose this point I should be thanking you profusely for pointing
    out some prime examples of why Micro$loth Orifice is a piss poor
    choice when better, free alternatives exist, even if you currently
    own a copy. Orifice is truly nothing but both a long and short term
    liability.

    > You're another "everything for free" loony.


    Of course I'm not, but in your amusing rush to label me as such you
    completely eviscerated MD5-boy's "cost the same" idiocy.

    So an additional thank you is in order.

    Thank you!

    ...now run away again like a good little Wintard coward.

    *snicker*


  13. Re: 72% of companies to upgrade to MS-Office 2007 within 12 months

    Anonymous wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> As any casual reader will immediately guess - Chunt bas been "pwned"

    >
    > You mean "pwned", as in...


    The Hardon Quack thing actually believes that it has bested someone in an
    argument. Casual inspection of its posting history will show that it is a
    Windoze shill posing as a "true Linux advocate". It's incapable of
    intelligent debate, and has bizarre arbitrary views of other posters in
    this and other groups, which it persists in spreading. Kill filing it is
    the best thing that can be done with it (short of locating and shooting it
    and thereby putting it out of its misery).

    Quack will now whinge that I've "threatened" it!

    C.




  14. Re: 72% of companies to upgrade to MS-Office 2007 within 12 months

    Christopher Hunter wrote:

    > Anonymous wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> As any casual reader will immediately guess - Chunt bas been "pwned"

    >>
    >> You mean "pwned", as in...

    >
    > The Hardon Quack thing actually believes that it has bested someone in an
    > argument. Casual inspection of its posting history will show that it is a
    > Windoze shill posing as a "true Linux advocate". It's incapable of
    > intelligent debate, and has bizarre arbitrary views of other posters in
    > this and other groups, which it persists in spreading. Kill filing it is
    > the best thing that can be done with it (short of locating and shooting it
    > and thereby putting it out of its misery).
    >
    > Quack will now whinge that I've "threatened" it!


    The troll/shill will also whine that by killfiling, you're 'censoring' it.

    --
    Mandriva - 2008.1 - RC2 - 64bit OS.
    COLA trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread