Vista closes in on 150 million sold...! - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Vista closes in on 150 million sold...! - Ubuntu ; Read'em and weep all of you linux losers...LOL! http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista...es-82354.shtml Frank...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

  1. Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    Read'em and weep all of you linux losers...LOL!

    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista...es-82354.shtml

    Frank

  2. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:02:58 -0700, Frank wrote:

    > Read'em and weep all of you linux losers...LOL!
    >
    > http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista...-Million-Sold-

    Licenses-82354.shtml

    > Frank

    It's the suckers who coughed up $150 million for a broken DRM-crippled OS
    that they don't even own who should be weeping...

  3. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    Frank wrote:

    > Read'em and weep all of you linux losers...LOL!

    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista...es-82354.shtml

    > Frank

    Too bad they're only selling licenses. I like to actually own the stuff I
    buy.

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    alt.os.linux.ubuntu - where the lunatic Hadron is a "Linux advocate"

  4. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    Em Quinta, 3 de Abril de 2008 21:02, Frank escreveu:

    > Read'em and weep all of you linux losers...LOL!

    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista...es-82354.shtml

    > Frank

    That's expected... 98,8% of earth's population is mental retarded.

    when you're with the majority, you're on the fools side.

  5. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:24:56 -0600
    netcat wrote:

    >On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:02:58 -0700, Frank wrote:
    >
    >> Read'em and weep all of you linux losers...LOL!
    >>
    >> http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista...-Million-Sold-

    >Licenses-82354.shtml
    >>
    >> Frank

    >It's the suckers who coughed up $150 million for a broken DRM-crippled
    >OS that they don't even own who should be weeping...

    The more the better. 7 out of 10 calls we get this days are requests
    for downgrade or Window toss.

    --
    Jerry Maguire: Help me... help you. Help me, help you.
    ;-)

  6. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:02:58 -0700, Frank wrote:

    > Read'em and weep all of you linux losers...LOL!
    >
    > http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista...-Million-Sold-

    Licenses-82354.shtml

    > Frank

    And about 50 being used!

  7. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    In <20080403134920.166ac09d@IT01> Holz:

    [Snip...]

    > The more the better. 7 out of 10 calls we get this days are requests
    > for downgrade or Window toss.

    Yeah, they're beating the doors down for Vista worldwide--NOT:

    Low-Cost Computers Get XP Until 2010
    Thursday April 3, 2:36 pm ET
    By Jessica Mintz, AP Technology Writer

    Microsoft Extends Life of Windows XP for Some Low-Cost PCs

    SEATTLE (AP) -- Microsoft Corp. said Thursday it will keep selling a
    version of Windows XP for use on a new breed of low-cost computers for
    at least two years longer than the system will be available for
    mainstream PCs.

    More:

    http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080403/micro...sion.html?.v=2

  8. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    Frank wrote:
    > Read'em and weep all of you linux losers...LOL!
    >
    > http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista...es-82354.shtml
    >

    > Frank

    Really Frank, who cares? You and your micro-brain should leave. You truly are a pathetic person. How can your life be so empty, so devoid of any worthwhile activity, that this is what you do? What's truly sad is I can't imagine you doing anything else, well other than servicing BG for free. Leave little idiot.

  9. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    Frank wrote:
    > Read'em and weep all of you linux losers...LOL!
    >
    > http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista...es-82354.shtml
    >

    > Frank

    ....sold to resellers, that is.

    --
    Norman
    Registered Linux user #461062

  10. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    "Holz" wrote in message

    > On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:24:56 -0600
    > netcat wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:02:58 -0700, Frank wrote:
    >>
    >>> Read'em and weep all of you linux losers...LOL!
    >>>
    >>> http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista...-Million-Sold-

    >>Licenses-82354.shtml
    >>>
    >>> Frank

    >>It's the suckers who coughed up $150 million for a broken DRM-crippled
    >>OS that they don't even own who should be weeping...
    >>

    > The more the better. 7 out of 10 calls we get this days are requests
    > for downgrade or Window toss.
    >
    > --
    > Jerry Maguire: Help me... help you. Help me, help you.
    > ;-)

    I downgraded to WindowsXP because Vista is a load of crap
    James

  11. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    Norman Peelman wrote:

    > Frank wrote:
    >> Read'em and weep all of you linux losers...LOL!

    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista...es-82354.shtml

    >> Frank

    > ...sold to resellers, that is.

    Who have then been stuck with the crap, as they can't sell them on:

    "DSG blames Vista for £20 million in lost profit"
    UK RETAIL OUTFIT, DSG has issued a profit warning blaming Microsoft's Vista for
    £20 million in lost profit.
    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...a-million-lost

    --
    Mandriva - 2008.1 - RC2 - 64bit OS.
    COLA trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

  12. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    :
    : "DSG blames Vista for 20 million in lost profit"
    : UK RETAIL OUTFIT, DSG has issued a profit warning blaming Microsoft's
    Vista for
    : 20 million in lost profit.
    :
    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...a-million-lost
    :

    "It hopes to flog lots of big tellies and digital music players to daft,
    overweight Brits in the run-up to Christmas"

    How rude! :-O

    Fair point though.

  13. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    "netcat" wrote in message
    news:HdGdnXWY8IiFoGjanZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.co m...
    > On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:02:58 -0700, Frank wrote:
    >
    >> Read'em and weep all of you linux losers...LOL!
    >>
    >> http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista...-Million-Sold-

    > Licenses-82354.shtml
    >>
    >> Frank

    > It's the suckers who coughed up $150 million for a broken DRM-crippled OS
    > that they don't even own who should be weeping...

    You should stop spreading your silly uninformed lies. Dickweed

  14. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    "ArameFarpado" wrote in message
    > Em Quinta, 3 de Abril de 2008 21:02, Frank escreveu:
    >
    >> Read'em and weep all of you linux losers...LOL!
    >>

    > http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista...es-82354.shtml
    >>
    >> Frank

    > That's expected... 98,8% of earth's population is mental retarded.
    >
    > when you're with the majority, you're on the fools side.

    That's what all the paranoids say

  15. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    "William Poaster" wrote in message
    > Norman Peelman wrote:
    >
    >> Frank wrote:
    >>> Read'em and weep all of you linux losers...LOL!
    >>>

    > http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista...es-82354.shtml
    >>>

    >>> Frank

    >> ...sold to resellers, that is.

    > Who have then been stuck with the crap, as they can't sell them on:
    >
    > "DSG blames Vista for £20 million in lost profit"
    > UK RETAIL OUTFIT, DSG has issued a profit warning blaming Microsoft's
    > Vista for
    > £20 million in lost profit.
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...a-million-lost

    Anyone in the UK would know the truth.. DSG salesdroids know less than you..
    they probably told the purchasers to shop at Staples because they hadn't
    worked out how to open the cartons with vista in.

    I know someone at Staples and they can't get enough vista laptops to keep up
    with demand, they have a two week wait for some and a few days for most.

  16. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 08:43:11 +0100, "the_constructor"
    wrote:

    >"Holz" wrote in message
    >>

    >> On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:24:56 -0600
    >> netcat wrote:

    >>>Licenses-82354.shtml

    >>>It's the suckers who coughed up $150 million for a broken DRM-crippled
    >>>OS that they don't even own who should be weeping...
    >>>

    >> The more the better. 7 out of 10 calls we get this days are requests
    >> for downgrade or Window toss.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jerry Maguire: Help me... help you. Help me, help you.
    >> ;-)
    >>

    >I downgraded to WindowsXP because Vista is a load of crap
    >James

    In my limited experience with Vista, you UPgraded

    Roy Strachan - Registered Linux User 469226

  17. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    "Frank" wrote in message
    > Read'em and weep all of you linux losers...LOL!

    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista...es-82354.shtml

    > Frank

    Everone should own an OS that has never deleted a line of code since the
    first version of DOS 1.0.

    Just think of it as owning the biggest piece of crap ever conceived by
    morons.

  18. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:02:58 -0700, Frank wrote:

    > Read'em and weep all of you linux losers...LOL!
    >
    > http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista...es-82354.shtml

    So, 150 million Vista licences from Nov 2006 to 'earlier than mid-2008' -
    18 months?

    Worldwide PC shipments totaled 271.2 million in 2007
    http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=584210

    Of which:
    Q1 was in the region of 62.7 million
    http://www.metrics2.com/blog/2007/04...n_q1_2007.html

    Q2 was in the region of 61.1 million
    http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...00&newsLang=en

    If you suppose 2008 H1 will see a growth of around 5% over 2007 H1, that's
    400 million PCs sold for Vista's 150 million licences.

    62.5% of new PCs *not* sold with Vista.

    Conclusion: XP is selling better than Vista.

  19. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 08:57:19 -0300, Snowbat wrote:

    > On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:02:58 -0700, Frank wrote:
    >
    >> Read'em and weep all of you linux losers...LOL!
    >>
    >> http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista...-Million-Sold-

    Licenses-82354.shtml

    > So, 150 million Vista licences from Nov 2006 to 'earlier than mid-2008'
    > - 18 months?
    >
    > Worldwide PC shipments totaled 271.2 million in 2007
    > http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=584210
    >
    > Of which:
    > Q1 was in the region of 62.7 million
    > http://www.metrics2.com/blog/2007/04/19/

    worldwide_pc_shipments_hit_627_million_in_q1_2007. html

    > Q2 was in the region of 61.1 million
    > http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...gle/index.jsp?

    ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070718006100&newsLang=en

    > If you suppose 2008 H1 will see a growth of around 5% over 2007 H1,
    > that's 400 million PCs sold for Vista's 150 million licences.
    >
    > 62.5% of new PCs *not* sold with Vista.
    >
    > Conclusion: XP is selling better than Vista.

    And how many of those Vista sales were new machines that couldn't be
    purchased without Vista, but will be reformatted for installation of XP
    or even Linux? Microsoft stumbles every few years. Before Vista, there
    was the Misbegotten Edition, and before that there was Windows 95 which,
    like Vista, was released late but still too early. Even earlier, there
    was DOS 4.0, which almost gave Digital Research a chance to compete.

  20. Re: Vista closes in on 150 million sold...!

    Frank wrote in

    > Read'em and weep all of you linux losers...LOL!
    >
    > http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista...-Million-Sold-

    Lice
    > nses-82354.shtml
    >
    > Frank

    Microsoft "sales" numbers have always been misleading. For the most part
    it represents the number of computers produced with a M$ OS pre-
    installed. It was a smart business move by M$ to arrange for Windows to
    be pre-installed on machines from the big boys (Dhell, HP, Compaq and
    others) that continues to put billions of dollars in their corporate
    coffers every year. Had that not happened, M$ would still be a hole-in-
    the-wall operation.

    I spent a few years as a field tech for an internatl company with
    service calls running the gamut from "How do I turn it on?" home users
    to major corporate rollouts. (Ever wonder why so many of the really big
    companies use UNIX rather than M$ products?) Most folks think Windows is
    great and aren't aware of alternate OSs, nor do most of them care. The
    average computer user (home/small business) is dangerously lacking in
    knowledge of security risks and have no idea what a firewall is. Until,
    that is, their system gets hit and they lose everything because they
    didn't have enough sense to back things up on external media.

    It's the average users and their lack of knowledge and concern that are
    being EXPLOITED by M$. I can't count howmany times I had to make a
    judgement call on whether to recommend a customer change over to an
    alternate OS. Sadly, in most cases they were so computer-illiterate the
    question was moot. They were pretty much stuck with M$Win simply because
    even many technicians don't know enough about Linux and other alternate
    OSs to be helpful if something goes wrong.

    Just for ****s and grins I tried out the preview version of Vista when
    it was made available and soon trashed it. I installed to a clean HD on
    a fairly modern system so that shouldn't have been the root of the
    problems I encountered. It was when the problem reporting system didn't
    work that I knew it was just another M$ piece of crap being released
    before it was ready.

    The computer I'm using at the moment is running XP-Pro but virtually
    zero in the way of other M$ crap. Another machine runs XP-MCE because
    that is what was installed when I got it and it is used for some pretty
    heavy duty AV editting, etc. Again, virtually zero use of M$ products
    other than the OS.

    A 3rd machine, a bit older, is my pet project. After playing around with
    several different Linux distros I settled on Ubuntu Gutsy because it was
    exactly what I had been looking for. I'm still learning Linux - - -
    Gutsy (and the Ubuntu forums) have served me well. I can already see a
    day in the not-too-distant future when I can finally say bye-bye to
    BillieCo and not shed a tear or feel any anxiety when I do.

    So, for those of you impressed by numbers thrown around my megacorps,
    well, just go on being impressed and led around by your nose ring.
    I believe most thinking people would rather do things for themselves and
    recognize corporate hype (i.e., lies) for what they are.

    Cranky

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast