Very nice file browser for GNOME? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Very nice file browser for GNOME? - Ubuntu ; On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 18:39:00 -0600, Ignoramus14041 wrote: >On 2008-04-06, Tris Orendorff wrote: >> Ignoramus25047 burped up warm pablum in news:qOOdnWS7KI4Hfm7anZ2dnUVZ_sLinZ2d@giganews.com : >> >>> Well, you probably never worked with Norton Commander, which was the >>> supremest productivity app ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: Very nice file browser for GNOME?

    wrote:

    >On 2008-04-06, Tris Orendorff wrote:
    >> Ignoramus25047 burped up warm pablum in news:qOOdnWS7KI4Hfm7anZ2dnUVZ_sLinZ2d@giganews.com :
    >>
    >>> Well, you probably never worked with Norton Commander, which was the
    >>> supremest productivity app when it came to managing files quickly. If
    >>> you did, you would realize the benefits of the products that I
    >>> mentioned.

    >> There is also something called Midnight Commander, mc. This seems
    >> to be a version of nc that works in an xterm..
    >>

    >I tried it, it is no good under X.
    >
    >Both Krusader and gnome-commander work very well for me, Krusader is
    >slightly better so far. I set them up with large fonts, to be easy to
    >use from a RF wireless keyboard with a big screen TV. Krusader is
    >basically ideal for it.

    Out of curiosity, what is the keyboard/trackball combo you are using and what is
    its effective range? Would you recommend one for others (ie. are you happy with
    it)?

    Miguel

  2. Re: Very nice file browser for GNOME?

    On 2008-04-25, Miguel wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 18:39:00 -0600, Ignoramus14041
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On 2008-04-06, Tris Orendorff wrote:
    >>> Ignoramus25047 burped up warm pablum in news:qOOdnWS7KI4Hfm7anZ2dnUVZ_sLinZ2d@giganews.com :

    >>> There is also something called Midnight Commander, mc. This seems
    >>> to be a version of nc that works in an xterm..
    >>>

    >>I tried it, it is no good under X.
    >>
    >>Both Krusader and gnome-commander work very well for me, Krusader is
    >>slightly better so far. I set them up with large fonts, to be easy to
    >>use from a RF wireless keyboard with a big screen TV. Krusader is
    >>basically ideal for it.

    > Out of curiosity, what is the keyboard/trackball combo you are using and what is
    > its effective range? Would you recommend one for others (ie. are you happy with
    > it)?

    I will try to check tonight. I am happy with, mostly.

    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

  3. Re: Very nice file browser for GNOME?

    On 2008-04-25, Miguel wrote:
    > Out of curiosity, what is the keyboard/trackball combo you are using and what is
    > its effective range? Would you recommend one for others (ie. are you happy with
    > it)?

    I can't answer for him, but I use the Adesso 2.4GHz wireless keyboard
    with touchpoint. It is small, and works a dream...

    http://www.amazon.com/Adesso-WIRELES.../dp/B00083Y0YG
    http://tinyurl.com/5mccdg

    --
    Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2