vmware / xdmcp stress test - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on vmware / xdmcp stress test - Ubuntu ; A test of stability when doing insane things. On a 7.10 named blackbox: Using synaptic I installed vmware server. I enabled xdmcp login using gdm-setup. I then started vmware and created a virtual machine. In this machine, named "hardy" I ...

  1. vmware / xdmcp stress test

    A test of stability when doing insane things.

    On a 7.10 named blackbox:

    Using synaptic I installed vmware server.
    I enabled xdmcp login using gdm-setup.

    I then started vmware and created a virtual machine. In this machine,
    named "hardy" I installed a beta of 8.04. Then booted into the virtual
    "hardy" system. At the login screen I choose the "remote via xdmcp"
    option and selected "blackbox" and logged in. *Logged into "blackbox"
    through xdmcp, from a virtual "hardy" system, running on "blackbox".*
    But that was not enough. From this level I run vmware and choose the
    "hardy" machine, and put it in full screen mode. Very strange, and
    confusing. I almost lost track of what system I was in. Anyway it
    worked. My system slowed a bit, but did not crash, and I have a
    screenshot to prove it.

    http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...Screenshot.png

  2. Re: vmware / xdmcp stress test

    "jellybean stonerfish" wrote in message