Re: [News] Identity Management Works Better in the Open - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Identity Management Works Better in the Open - Ubuntu ; On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:35:27 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Will a Little Openness Solve Your Web Identity Crisis? It worked wonders for you Roy Schestowitz. Your site, www.schestowitz.com was hacked and owned a couple of weeks ago. Additionally ...

  1. Re: [News] Identity Management Works Better in the Open

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:35:27 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Will a Little Openness Solve Your Web Identity Crisis?

    It worked wonders for you Roy Schestowitz.

    Your site, www.schestowitz.com was hacked and owned a couple of weeks ago.
    Additionally an embedded trojan was on the site for months before you
    decided to do something about it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: [News] Identity Management Works Better in the Open

    On 2008-04-01, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:35:27 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Will a Little Openness Solve Your Web Identity Crisis?

    > It worked wonders for you Roy Schestowitz.
    >
    > Your site, www.schestowitz.com was hacked and owned a couple of weeks ago.
    > Additionally an embedded trojan was on the site for months before you
    > decided to do something about it.

    And not, it was fscked exactly the way I mentioned a few days ago, via
    bad PHP crapware.

    The lesson is

    1) PHP is bad for you
    2) PHP gets you pwned

    I think that I forgot to mention that I do not like PHP?

  3. Re: [News] Identity Management Works Better in the Open

    Ignoramus3733 writes:

    > On 2008-04-01, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:35:27 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Will a Little Openness Solve Your Web Identity Crisis?

    >> It worked wonders for you Roy Schestowitz.
    >>
    >> Your site, www.schestowitz.com was hacked and owned a couple of weeks ago.
    >> Additionally an embedded trojan was on the site for months before you
    >> decided to do something about it.

    > And not, it was fscked exactly the way I mentioned a few days ago, via
    > bad PHP crapware.
    >
    > The lesson is
    >
    > 1) PHP is bad for you
    > 2) PHP gets you pwned
    >
    > I think that I forgot to mention that I do not like PHP?

    From a position of ignorance I am afraid.

    --
    "For example, user interfaces are _usually_ better in commercial software.
    I'm not saying that this is always true, but in many cases the user

+ Reply to Thread