Re: [News] Linux Kernel Built by 3,700 Developers, 3,621 Lines Per Day - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Linux Kernel Built by 3,700 Developers, 3,621 Lines Per Day - Ubuntu ; On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:02:16 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Who Writes Linux? There Are a Lot of Unknowns Truer words are rarely ever uttered. -- Moshe Goldfarb Collector of soaps from around the globe. Please visit The Hall ...

  1. Re: [News] Linux Kernel Built by 3,700 Developers, 3,621 Lines Per Day

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: [News] Linux Kernel Built by 3,700 Developers, 3,621 Lines Per Day

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb

    wrote
    on Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:35:49 -0400
    :
    > On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:02:16 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Who Writes Linux? There Are a Lot of Unknowns

    > Truer words are rarely ever uttered.

    But of course. Naturally everyone knows who wrote the
    code for Excel, right?

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Error 16: Not enough space on file system to delete file(s)

  3. Re: [News] Linux Kernel Built by 3,700 Developers, 3,621 Lines Per Day

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
    >
    > wrote
    > on Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:35:49 -0400
    > :
    >> On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:02:16 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Who Writes Linux? There Are a Lot of Unknowns

    >> Truer words are rarely ever uttered.
    >>

    > But of course. Naturally everyone knows who wrote the
    > code for Excel, right?

    Excel was written by developer type people. linux? Who knows what they were.

    > --
    > #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    > Error 16: Not enough space on file system to delete file(s)

    Fix you sig so it strips.

  4. Re: [News] Linux Kernel Built by 3,700 Developers, 3,621 Lines Per Day

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:16:23 -0800, Julie wrote:

    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:35:49 -0400
    >> :

    >>> Truer words are rarely ever uttered.
    >>>

    >> But of course. Naturally everyone knows who wrote the
    >> code for Excel, right?

    > Excel was written by developer type people. linux? Who knows what they were.
    >

    >> --
    >> #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    >> Error 16: Not enough space on file system to delete file(s)

    > Fix you sig so it strips.

    Here they are:
    http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/fcb/689...n/set-1485493/

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KcYPwgI8_c

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: [News] Linux Kernel Built by 3,700 Developers, 3,621 Lines Per Day

    "Julie" wrote in message
    news:47f2626b$0$29827$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .
    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:35:49 -0400
    >> :

    >>> Truer words are rarely ever uttered.
    >>>

    >> But of course. Naturally everyone knows who wrote the
    >> code for Excel, right?

    > Excel was written by developer type people. linux? Who knows what they
    > were.

    :-)

  6. Re: [News] Linux Kernel Built by 3,700 Developers, 3,621 Lines Per Day

    Julie wrote:

    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:35:49 -0400
    >> :

    >>> Truer words are rarely ever uttered.
    >>>

    >> But of course. Naturally everyone knows who wrote the
    >> code for Excel, right?

    > Excel was written by developer type people. linux? Who knows what they
    > were.

    What are "developer type people" and where can Microsoft find some of those?
    They must surely need them, according to you.

    Cheers.

    --

    A US president declared war on poverty. Poverty won.
    Another US president declared a war on drugs. Drugs won.

  7. Re: [News] Linux Kernel Built by 3,700 Developers, 3,621 Lines Per Day

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Julie

    wrote
    on Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:16:23 -0800
    <47f2626b$0$29827$88260bb3@free.teranews.com>:
    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:35:49 -0400
    >> :

    >>> Truer words are rarely ever uttered.
    >>>

    >> But of course. Naturally everyone knows who wrote the
    >> code for Excel, right?

    > Excel was written by developer type people.
    > linux? Who knows what they were.

    You're right; they must have been drug-addled hippies
    who smoked multiple joints (laced with formaldehyde,
    arsenic, plutonium, and who knows what else) as they
    were randomly banging on their keyboards.

    Oh yeah, and strychnine and botulism toxin extract.

    >> --
    >> #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    >> Error 16: Not enough space on file system to delete file(s)

    > Fix you sig so it strips.

    Teranews likes to fix it for me. :-P Not a lot I can do about that
    except completely remove it.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. An OS which actually, unlike certain other offerings, works.