Re: "End of Life" announcement for Ubuntu 6.10 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: "End of Life" announcement for Ubuntu 6.10 - Ubuntu ; Moshe Goldfarb wrote: > Roy Schestowitz wrote: >> Darth Chaos wrote: >> >>> http://www.ubuntu.com/news/ubuntu610end-of-life >> >> Oh noes! It's been almost 2 years. How much will to cost to >> upgrade? [sarcasm /] Get the checkbook ready. The nice thing ...

  1. Re: "End of Life" announcement for Ubuntu 6.10

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> Darth Chaos wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.ubuntu.com/news/ubuntu610end-of-life

    >> Oh noes! It's been almost 2 years. How much will to cost to
    >> upgrade? [sarcasm /] Get the checkbook ready. The nice thing is
    >> that upgrading a GNU/Linux distribution such as Ubuntu can be
    >> done as soon as the subsequent release comes out. No need for
    >> burning any CDs assuming you have an internet connection.
    >> Upgrade 'on tap'...

    > Yet Microsoft keeps supporting XP for how many years now?

    However UBUNTU 6.06 (the long-term issue) is still supported.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  2. Re: "End of Life" announcement for Ubuntu 6.10

    CBFalconer writes:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >>> Oh noes! It's been almost 2 years. How much will to cost to
    >>> upgrade? [sarcasm /] Get the checkbook ready. The nice thing is
    >>> that upgrading a GNU/Linux distribution such as Ubuntu can be
    >>> done as soon as the subsequent release comes out. No need for
    >>> burning any CDs assuming you have an internet connection.
    >>> Upgrade 'on tap'...

    >> Yet Microsoft keeps supporting XP for how many years now?

    > However UBUNTU 6.06 (the long-term issue) is still supported.
    >
    > --
    > [mail]: Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net)
    > [page]:
    > Try the download section.

    And hopefully in that time period you will somehow sort out your double signature.

    --
    I was attacked by dselect as a small child and have since avoided
    debian.

+ Reply to Thread