[Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP] - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP] - Ubuntu ; Is it possible to connect to my Gutsy Gibbon server using RDP from Vista? If so, what do I need to have running on the server in order for this to happen. I know that I can use ssh to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  1. [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    Is it possible to connect to my Gutsy Gibbon server using RDP
    from Vista? If so, what do I need to have running on the
    server in order for this to happen. I know that I can
    use ssh to connect to the server, as this is how I am
    sending this post. So, is there another service that I
    need to install so that RDP will work, or am I talking
    apples and oranges and wasting my time.

    Thanks

  2. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    On 2008-03-31, Baba O'Reilly wrote:

    > Is it possible to connect to my Gutsy Gibbon server using RDP
    > from Vista? If so, what do I need to have running on the
    > server in order for this to happen. I know that I can
    > use ssh to connect to the server, as this is how I am
    > sending this post. So, is there another service that I
    > need to install so that RDP will work, or am I talking
    > apples and oranges and wasting my time.
    >
    > Thanks

    You can use VNC and vino. Works well. I use it often.

  3. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    Baba O'Reilly wrote:

    > Is it possible to connect to my Gutsy Gibbon server using RDP
    > from Vista? If so, what do I need to have running on the
    > server in order for this to happen. I know that I can
    > use ssh to connect to the server, as this is how I am
    > sending this post. So, is there another service that I
    > need to install so that RDP will work, or am I talking
    > apples and oranges and wasting my time.
    >
    > Thanks

    Remote desktop protocol is used to connect to a computer running MS Terminal
    Services, ie. from a Linux box to a Windoze box. Ubuntu doesn't come with
    this type of service, however there is a RDP server available for Linux
    that can be found here ...

    http://xrdp.sourceforge.net/

    I've never used it, btw.

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    alt.os.linux.ubuntu - where the lunatic Hadron is a "Linux advocate"

  4. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:42:02 +0000, Baba O'Reilly wrote:

    > Is it possible to connect to my Gutsy Gibbon server using RDP from

    I use ssh -L to create a secure tunnel and connect to localhost with VNC
    and ssh carries the data back and forth securely.

    That doesn't do RDP, though this site has a review of a program that you
    might find useful: http://www.whenpenguinsattack.com/2006/04/19/rdp-
    server-for-linux/

    --
    // This is my opinion.

  5. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:03:34 -0500
    Ignoramus7016 wrote:

    > You can use VNC and vino. Works well. I use it often.

    I second that, I use it on a daily basis, Linux to Win and win to Linux.

    --
    Live & let live, or leave.
    :-)

  6. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    NoStop wrote:

    > Baba O'Reilly wrote:
    >

    >>Is it possible to connect to my Gutsy Gibbon server using RDP
    >>from Vista? If so, what do I need to have running on the
    >>server in order for this to happen. I know that I can
    >>use ssh to connect to the server, as this is how I am
    >>sending this post. So, is there another service that I
    >>need to install so that RDP will work, or am I talking
    >>apples and oranges and wasting my time.
    >>
    >>Thanks

    > Remote desktop protocol is used to connect to a computer running MS Terminal
    > Services, ie. from a Linux box to a Windoze box. Ubuntu doesn't come with
    > this type of service, however there is a RDP server available for Linux
    > that can be found here ...
    >
    > http://xrdp.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > I've never used it, btw.
    >
    > Cheers.

    hehehe...you mean that POS toy os urbuttoo doesn't come with RDP?
    Hahaha...Windows does...say it out loud...Windows does...hahaha!
    Get Vista, the best OS available today and get the project or work you
    need to do, done...done quickly and done right. And it will be
    compatible with 99% of the rest of the world!
    Wonderful huh?
    You just gotta love it!
    Frank

  7. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:25:14 -0700, Frank wrote:

    > NoStop wrote:
    >
    >> Baba O'Reilly wrote:
    >>

    >>>Is it possible to connect to my Gutsy Gibbon server using RDP from
    >>>Vista? If so, what do I need to have running on the server in order
    >>>for this to happen. I know that I can use ssh to connect to the
    >>>server, as this is how I am sending this post. So, is there another
    >>>service that I need to install so that RDP will work, or am I talking
    >>>apples and oranges and wasting my time.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks

    >> Remote desktop protocol is used to connect to a computer running MS
    >> Terminal Services, ie. from a Linux box to a Windoze box. Ubuntu
    >> doesn't come with this type of service, however there is a RDP server
    >> available for Linux that can be found here ...
    >>
    >> http://xrdp.sourceforge.net/
    >>
    >> I've never used it, btw.
    >>
    >> Cheers.
    >>

    > hehehe...you mean that POS toy os urbuttoo doesn't come with RDP?
    > Hahaha...Windows does...say it out loud...Windows does...hahaha! Get
    > Vista, the best OS available today and get the project or work you need
    > to do, done...done quickly and done right. And it will be compatible
    > with 99% of the rest of the world! Wonderful huh?
    > You just gotta love it!
    > Frank

    Since subscribing to this newsgroup and reading a number of the posts
    here, the question that keeps coming to mind is, 'What is the average age
    of the posters to this newsgroup?' Ladies and Gentlemen, look up the word
    "puerile" in your online dictionaries.

    Peace,
    --
    d.b. cooper
    ===========

  8. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    d.b. cooper wrote:
    > On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:25:14 -0700, Frank wrote:
    >

    >>NoStop wrote:

    >>>Remote desktop protocol is used to connect to a computer running MS
    >>>Terminal Services, ie. from a Linux box to a Windoze box. Ubuntu
    >>>doesn't come with this type of service, however there is a RDP server
    >>>available for Linux that can be found here ...
    >>>
    >>>http://xrdp.sourceforge.net/
    >>>
    >>>I've never used it, btw.
    >>>
    >>>Cheers.
    >>>

    >>hehehe...you mean that POS toy os urbuttoo doesn't come with RDP?
    >>Hahaha...Windows does...say it out loud...Windows does...hahaha! Get
    >>Vista, the best OS available today and get the project or work you need
    >>to do, done...done quickly and done right. And it will be compatible
    >>with 99% of the rest of the world! Wonderful huh?
    >>You just gotta love it!
    >>Frank

    > Since subscribing to this newsgroup and reading a number of the posts
    > here, the question that keeps coming to mind is, 'What is the average age
    > of the posters to this newsgroup?' Ladies and Gentlemen, look up the word
    > "puerile" in your online dictionaries.
    >
    > Peace,

    Hey db...I think they've found your parachute! Did you know that? What
    did you with the $200K? Did you already spend all of it? Did you have to
    go to work...again?
    Maybe the statute of limitations has run out and you could write a book
    about your...uhhhh...adventure, right?
    Frank

  9. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    NoStop, the world's biggest fukkin loser broke wrote:

    ....nothing but his usual dumb crap!

    hehehe...hey onthepot...or theposton or nostop or doris or whatever
    fukkin name you're going by this min old man...got you panties all in a
    bunch?...let me tell you cause I know urbuttoo is just a piece of ****
    for an os. It's a fukkin toy! It's made for broke old losers just like
    you...LOL!
    Frank

    oh and Vista is the very best OS available today.
    Live with it loser...LOL!

  10. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    In d.b. cooper:

    [Snip...]

    > look up the word "puerile" in your online dictionaries

    ....then, use that definition to plonk the puerile from gitgo. Simple, no?

  11. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    Frank wrote in

    > hehehe...you mean that POS toy os urbuttoo doesn't come with RDP?
    > Hahaha...Windows does...say it out loud...Windows does...hahaha!
    > Get Vista, the best OS available today and get the project or work you
    > need to do, done...done quickly and done right.

    Not any home version of XP or Vista Home Basic or Vista Home Premium.
    You've got to buy the business versions or the top-dollar Ultimate.

    Ooops.

  12. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    "d.b. cooper" wrote in message
    > On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:25:14 -0700, Frank wrote:
    >
    >> NoStop wrote:

    >>> Remote desktop protocol is used to connect to a computer running MS
    >>> Terminal Services, ie. from a Linux box to a Windoze box. Ubuntu
    >>> doesn't come with this type of service, however there is a RDP server
    >>> available for Linux that can be found here ...
    >>>
    >>> http://xrdp.sourceforge.net/
    >>>
    >>> I've never used it, btw.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers.
    >>>

    >> hehehe...you mean that POS toy os urbuttoo doesn't come with RDP?
    >> Hahaha...Windows does...say it out loud...Windows does...hahaha! Get
    >> Vista, the best OS available today and get the project or work you need
    >> to do, done...done quickly and done right. And it will be compatible
    >> with 99% of the rest of the world! Wonderful huh?
    >> You just gotta love it!
    >> Frank

    > Since subscribing to this newsgroup and reading a number of the posts
    > here, the question that keeps coming to mind is, 'What is the average age
    > of the posters to this newsgroup?' Ladies and Gentlemen, look up the word
    > "puerile" in your online dictionaries.

    Why don't you just spit that mouthful of **** go look at some more gay porn

  13. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    DanS wrote:
    > Frank wrote in
    >

    >>hehehe...you mean that POS toy os urbuttoo doesn't come with RDP?
    >>Hahaha...Windows does...say it out loud...Windows does...hahaha!
    >>Get Vista, the best OS available today and get the project or work you
    >>need to do, done...done quickly and done right.

    > Not any home version of XP or Vista Home Basic or Vista Home Premium.
    > You've got to buy the business versions or the top-dollar Ultimate.
    >
    > Ooops.

    $240USD for full retail Vista Ultimate X32 or X64 for 5-7 yrs before
    updating!
    Are you really that broke?
    Oops!!!
    Frank

  14. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    Frank wrote:
    > d.b. cooper wrote:

    >>> hehehe..

    God he must be drunk or something. First he goes hehehe
    >>> .you mean that POS toy os urbuttoo doesn't come with RDP?
    >>> Hahaha..

    then he goes hahaha
    >>> .Windows does...say it out loud...Windows does...hahaha!

    I guess he is a switch hitter. he now goes hahaha
    >>> Get
    >>> Vista, the best OS available today and get the project or work you need
    >>> to do, done...done quickly and done right. And it will be compatible
    >>> with 99% of the rest of the world! Wonderful huh?
    >>> You just gotta love it!
    >>> Frank

    >> Since subscribing to this newsgroup and reading a number of the posts
    >> here, the question that keeps coming to mind is, 'What is the average
    >> age of the posters to this newsgroup?' Ladies and Gentlemen,

    I think you left him out
    >> look up the word "puerile" in your online dictionaries.
    >>
    >> Peace,

    > Hey db...I think they've found your parachute! Did you know that? What
    > did you with the $200K? Did you already spend all of it? Did you have
    > to go to work...again?
    > Maybe the statute of limitations has run out and you could write a
    > book about your...uhhhh...adventure, right?
    > Frank

  15. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    Frank wrote in news:47f2429e$0$4965
    $4c368faf@roadrunner.com:

    > DanS wrote:
    >> Frank wrote in
    >>

    >>>hehehe...you mean that POS toy os urbuttoo doesn't come with RDP?
    >>>Hahaha...Windows does...say it out loud...Windows does...hahaha!
    >>>Get Vista, the best OS available today and get the project or work you
    >>>need to do, done...done quickly and done right.

    >> Not any home version of XP or Vista Home Basic or Vista Home Premium.
    >> You've got to buy the business versions or the top-dollar Ultimate.
    >>
    >> Ooops.
    >>

    > $240USD for full retail Vista Ultimate X32 or X64 for 5-7 yrs before
    > updating!
    > Are you really that broke?

    No.

    I'm just pointing out that you don't know jack-sh*t about what you
    preach....typical 'ol plain Jane salesman that you are.

    > Oops!!!

    What ? Did you get it all over the keyboard again ? Or all over your
    sheep ? Or did some dribble out the corner of your mouth ?

  16. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    measekite wrote:

    ....I see that you've never, ever been able to pull your head out of your
    fat, stupid ass.
    Is that you're addy is inkystinky...LOL!
    Frank

  17. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    DanS wrote:

    Frank <fb@signm.crt> wrote in news:47f2429e$0$4965 $4c368faf@roadrunner.com:

    DanS wrote:

    Frank <fb@signm.crt> wrote in news:47f19d08$0$6117$4c368faf@roadrunner.com:

    hehehe...you mean that POS toy os urbuttoo doesn't come with RDP? Hahaha...Windows does...say it out loud...Windows does...hahaha! Get Vista, the best OS available today and get the project or work you need to do, done...done quickly and done right.

    Not any home version of XP or Vista Home Basic or Vista Home Premium. You've got to buy the business versions or the top-dollar Ultimate. Ooops.

    $240USD for full retail Vista Ultimate X32 or X64 for 5-7 yrs before updating! Are you really that broke?

    No. I'm just pointing out that you don't know jack-sh*t about what you preach....typical 'ol plain Jane salesman that you are.

    Oops!!!

    What ? Did you get it all over the keyboard again ? Or all over your sheep ? Or did some dribble out the corner of your mouth ?

    That is a good one ha ha ha not he he he

  18. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 12:32:53 +0000, wdygfy wrote:

    >> Since subscribing to this newsgroup and reading a number of the posts
    >> here, the question that keeps coming to mind is, 'What is the average
    >> age of the posters to this newsgroup?' Ladies and Gentlemen, look up
    >> the word "puerile" in your online dictionaries.
    >>

    > Why don't you just spit that mouthful of **** go look at some more gay
    > porn

    Thank you, I think I will. Would you please post your father's url again.

    --
    d.b. cooper
    ===========

  19. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    > Remote desktop protocol is used to connect to a computer running MS Terminal
    > Services, ie. from a Linux box to a Windoze box. Ubuntu doesn't come with
    > this type of service, however there is a RDP server available for Linux
    > that can be found here ...

    Remote Desktop Paranoia is advised when connecting to
    a computer running MS anything.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    From the cowardice that shrinks from new truth,
    From the laziness that is content with half-truths,
    From the arrogance that thinks it knows all truth,
    O God of Truth, deliver us.
    --Leslie Dixon Weatherhead
    --Rabbi Mordechai M. Kaplan
    --ancient prayer
    --unknown
    --(no attempt at attribution)

    (a thousand thanks to someone who can tell me who
    really wrote it AND persuade me they're not making it up!)

  20. Re: [Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: Question about RDP]

    measekite wrote:

    > DanS wrote:
    > > cite="mid:Xns9A737BFF9819Ethisnthatadelphianet@66.250.14 6.128"
    > type="cite">

    Frank

    href="news:47f19d08$0$6117$4c368faf@roadrunner.com:">news:47f19d08$0$6117$4c368faf@roadrunner.com:

    hehehe...you mean that POS toy os urbuttoo doesn't
    > come with RDP?
    > Hahaha...Windows does...say it out loud...Windows does...hahaha!
    > Get Vista, the best OS available today and get the project or work you
    > need to do, done...done quickly and done right.
    >

    > Not any home version of XP or Vista Home Basic or Vista Home Premium.
    > You've got to buy the business versions or the top-dollar Ultimate.
    >
    > Ooops.

    $240USD for full retail Vista Ultimate X32 or X64 for 5-7
    > yrs before
    > updating!
    > Are you really that broke?
    >

    > No.
    >
    > I'm just pointing out that you don't know jack-sh*t about what you
    > preach....typical 'ol plain Jane salesman that you are.

    Oops!!!

    > What ? Did you get it all over the keyboard again ? Or all over your
    > sheep ? Or did some dribble out the corner of your mouth ?
    >

    > That is a good one ha ha ha not he he he

    Please stop posting html formatted messages to this ng. Thanks.

    Cheers.