Evolution Mail Program - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Evolution Mail Program - Ubuntu ; NoStop wrote: > Josef Moellers wrote: > >> NoStop wrote: >>> Hadron wrote: >>> >>>> Josef Moellers writes: >>>> >>>>> Hadron wrote: >>>>> >>>>>> So? Does Evolution use a pst file? Do you have any idea how long it >>>>>> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: Evolution Mail Program

    NoStop wrote:
    > Josef Moellers wrote:
    >
    >> NoStop wrote:

    >>> Alias - you can safely ignore all this bull**** from Hadron. Has nothing
    >>> to do with using Evolution.

    >> Thanks, but I'll decide for myself whether Hadron's reply is worth
    >> replying to or not. In this case: it is.
    >>

    > Wasn't talking to you, I was talking to the OP, Alias.

    Then why are you replying to *my* post?

    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)

  2. Re: Evolution Mail Program

    "Bruce Sinclair" wrote
    in message news:fsrvik$b18$3@aioe.org...
    > In article , Josef Moellers
    > wrote:
    >>Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> So? Does Evolution use a pst file? Do you have any idea how long it
    >>> would take you to use up 28 gigs in plain text email?

    >>[ ... ]
    >>> All emails should be plain text anyway.

    >>What about attachments? What if someone sends pictures, office
    >>documents, audio recordings?

    > 2 words. Bloody don't
    >
    > Most 'documents' attached are just text anyway. Those that aren't usually
    > have useles pictures etc adding nothing to the info sent. Your choice ...
    > but mine is clear. Text is (and always has been) the email standard.
    >
    > Hmmm ... it's likely that MS are responsible for trying to break this
    > standard because of their poor choice of defaults. ... do I smell a
    > conspiracy ? ... or just stupidity ?

    I think you smell yourself. You better change your diaper.

  3. Re: Evolution Mail Program

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 02:30:36 +0000, jebblue wrote:

    > On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:07:42 -0500, Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:03:25 +0200, Alias wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know if Evolution has a maximum size limit?

    >> Evolution is the very definition of bloatware. Use something better,
    >> such as Thunderbird.

    > My wife and I have used Evolution since August 07 and found it to be
    > quite stable and feature complete, not perfect, but I think bloated
    > might be overstating your personal preference for Thunderbird, which is
    > also very good. We use Evolution since it's the default in Gnome and
    > works quite well.
    >
    > On the size question, my system is showing the .evolution folder at 817
    > Megs.

    My .evolution directory has 1.9G.

  4. Re: Evolution Mail Program

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 07:55:09 -0500, General Schvantzkopf wrote:

    >>> Evolution is the very definition of bloatware. Use something better,
    >>> such as Thunderbird.

    >> On the size question, my system is showing the .evolution folder at 817
    >> Megs.

    > My .evolution directory has 1.9G.

    The defense rests.

  5. Re: Evolution Mail Program

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 08:07:24 -0500, Dan C wrote:

    >>> On the size question, my system is showing the .evolution folder at
    >>> 817 Megs.

    >> My .evolution directory has 1.9G.

    > The defense rests.

    It's 1.9G because it's 15 years worth of e-mail not because Evolution is
    inefficient. I keep every legitimate e-mail that I receive and the past
    couple of years of everything I've sent. Many of the e-mails have
    documents attached which is how it got to be that large. Evolution
    handles this just fine which indicates that it's a fairly robust piece of
    software. BTW in case you are wondering how I could have 15 years of e-
    mail when Evolution is considerably younger than that, I imported from
    the e-mail from the programs I was using prior to Evolution, my e-mail
    database started on Solaris probably using Netscape Mail (I don't
    remember precisely).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2