Hi All,

Apologies for what may be a FAQ but I'm stumped.

I'm mapping some drives from a Windows 2003 server so I can use them on
my (new to me) Ubuntu desktop.

I can see the drives and permissions show that I own the files and
folders. So far so good. However, if I open a file in (say) OpenOffice
and make some changes, then save it, the ownership and permissions are
now root. So, I can only open it read-only in future (unless I chown it
to me).

This is the line I am using to map the drive (from /etc/fstab) (Wrapped
for readability on Usenet but it's all one line really)

//192.168.0.1/Data /home/simes/Documents cifs
gid=1000,uid=1000,mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,username =simes,
password=mypassword,setuids

It's a bit all over the place where I keep trying new things to make it
work (without success).

Please can some kind soul tell me where I am being particularly dense!

Thanks

Simes