Fax over IP software ?? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Fax over IP software ?? - Ubuntu ; I am using twinkle (Ekiga, linphone or Kphone would be OK too) to make phone calls via a sip provider Voipbuster, and it works just fine. I just wonder if there is a software that lets me send faxes instead ...

  1. Fax over IP software ??

    I am using twinkle (Ekiga, linphone or Kphone would be OK too)
    to make phone calls via a sip provider Voipbuster,
    and it works just fine.

    I just wonder if there is a software that lets me send faxes instead of
    voice.
    It would be a nice addon if I could select an image and tell twinkle to
    send it to a fax machine anywhere in the world.

    Does anyone know if there is such a software available ?
    after all, a fax is nothing else than sending sounds trough a phone line,
    so I think it must be possible to do this via a VoIP client also
    What is needed for this is an emulation of the T.30 analog fax protocol
    into a sip voice stream
    --
    MarcB

  2. Re: Fax over IP software ??

    MarcB (MarcB ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
    were saying:

    > I am using twinkle (Ekiga, linphone or Kphone would be OK too) to make
    > phone calls via a sip provider Voipbuster, and it works just fine.
    >
    > I just wonder if there is a software that lets me send faxes instead of
    > voice.
    > It would be a nice addon if I could select an image and tell twinkle to
    > send it to a fax machine anywhere in the world.
    >
    > Does anyone know if there is such a software available ? after all, a
    > fax is nothing else than sending sounds trough a phone line, so I think
    > it must be possible to do this via a VoIP client also What is needed for
    > this is an emulation of the T.30 analog fax protocol into a sip voice
    > stream

    There's plenty of fax <-> email services available.

  3. Re: Fax over IP software ??

    Adrian wrote:

    > MarcB (MarcB ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
    > were saying:
    >
    >> I am using twinkle (Ekiga, linphone or Kphone would be OK too) to make
    >> phone calls via a sip provider Voipbuster, and it works just fine.
    >>
    >> I just wonder if there is a software that lets me send faxes instead of
    >> voice.
    >> It would be a nice addon if I could select an image and tell twinkle to
    >> send it to a fax machine anywhere in the world.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if there is such a software available ? after all, a
    >> fax is nothing else than sending sounds trough a phone line, so I think
    >> it must be possible to do this via a VoIP client also What is needed for
    >> this is an emulation of the T.30 analog fax protocol into a sip voice
    >> stream

    > There's plenty of fax <-> email services available.

    Agreed, but the ones I have seen all require a monthly subscription fee,
    and I only need to send a fax occasionally.
    So it would be nice to have this feature in a sip client,
    so I can send a fax via my existing sip provider.

    --
    MarcB

  4. Re: Fax over IP software ??

    MarcB wrote:
    > Adrian wrote:
    >
    >> MarcB (MarcB ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
    >> were saying:
    >>
    >>> I am using twinkle (Ekiga, linphone or Kphone would be OK too) to make
    >>> phone calls via a sip provider Voipbuster, and it works just fine.
    >>>
    >>> I just wonder if there is a software that lets me send faxes instead of
    >>> voice.
    >>> It would be a nice addon if I could select an image and tell twinkle to
    >>> send it to a fax machine anywhere in the world.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know if there is such a software available ? after all, a
    >>> fax is nothing else than sending sounds trough a phone line, so I think
    >>> it must be possible to do this via a VoIP client also What is needed for
    >>> this is an emulation of the T.30 analog fax protocol into a sip voice
    >>> stream

    >> There's plenty of fax <-> email services available.

    > Agreed, but the ones I have seen all require a monthly subscription fee,
    > and I only need to send a fax occasionally.
    > So it would be nice to have this feature in a sip client,
    > so I can send a fax via my existing sip provider.

    Plusnet has the option in e-mail settings

+ Reply to Thread