Re: How unpopular is Ubuntu Linux, just take a look. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: How unpopular is Ubuntu Linux, just take a look. - Ubuntu ; Ignoramus10476 wrote: > I used fedora for years and switched to Ubuntu. It is very well put > together and works much more smoothly than Fedora. It does have some > real benefits that accrue to users like me. Linux ...

  1. Re: How unpopular is Ubuntu Linux, just take a look.

    Ignoramus10476 wrote:

    > I used fedora for years and switched to Ubuntu. It is very well put
    > together and works much more smoothly than Fedora. It does have some
    > real benefits that accrue to users like me.

    Linux is Linux, in my opinion. The "brand" (distribution) you choose is more
    a more a matter of taste and personal requirements than anything else.

    Use what you like. It's all part of the the Linux freedom.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  2. Re: How unpopular is Ubuntu Linux, just take a look.

    RonB wrote:

    > Linux is Linux, in my opinion. The "brand" (distribution) you choose is more
    > a more a matter of taste and personal requirements than anything else.
    >
    > Use what you like. It's all part of the the Linux freedom.

    I agree...

    Linux is Linux. Whether it is Ubuntu, Redhat or other distributions
    makes very little difference. Over the years (since the spring of 1996)
    I have primarily used Linux at my computers. The names of the
    distributions used have changed over the years, but the principle is the
    same. At the moment I am using 4 different distributions for different
    purposes at different computers, and they are all good choices.

    --
    Best regards Jacob Tranholm
    Karl R. Popper: Observation statements and statements of experimental

+ Reply to Thread