using the iso insteadof a cd? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on using the iso insteadof a cd? - Ubuntu ; Hi all I have a bunch of ISO files I created out of study guide cd media. Is it possible to somehow mount the iso or use the iso instead of having to plug the CD into the drive? I ...

  1. using the iso insteadof a cd?

    Hi all

    I have a bunch of ISO files I created out of study guide cd media.
    Is it possible to somehow mount the iso or use the iso instead of
    having to plug the CD into the drive?
    I am getting ready for some long trips and prefer not to carry te CD
    packs with me.

    --
    Live & let live, or leave.
    :-)

  2. Re: using the iso insteadof a cd?

    Holz wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I have a bunch of ISO files I created out of study guide cd media.
    > Is it possible to somehow mount the iso or use the iso instead of
    > having to plug the CD into the drive?
    > I am getting ready for some long trips and prefer not to carry te CD
    > packs with me.

    http://www.tech-recipes.com/linux_tips857.html
    works well

    Jack

  3. Re: using the iso insteadof a cd?

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:44:30 -0700, Holz wrote:

    > Hi all
    >
    > I have a bunch of ISO files I created out of study guide cd media. Is it
    > possible to somehow mount the iso or use the iso instead of having to
    > plug the CD into the drive? I am getting ready for some long trips and
    > prefer not to carry te CD packs with me.

    Sure - loop mount.

  4. Re: using the iso insteadof a cd?

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 21:00:43 -0400, jack wrote:

    > Holz wrote:
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> I have a bunch of ISO files I created out of study guide cd media.
    >> Is it possible to somehow mount the iso or use the iso instead of
    >> having to plug the CD into the drive?
    >> I am getting ready for some long trips and prefer not to carry te CD
    >> packs with me.
    >>

    > http://www.tech-recipes.com/linux_tips857.html
    > works well
    >
    > Jack

    You really don't need the "-t iso9660" parameter; the mount command can
    figure out the file type automagically:

    mount -o loop fname.iso /mnt/iso

    --
    MarkA