IPSEC vpn client for linux - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on IPSEC vpn client for linux - Ubuntu ; Hello, I have installed an Ubuntu Linux onto an IBM R32 and am trying to se if it may replace Windows on travels. However this requires for me to get a VPN-client working as a replacement for the one I ...

  1. IPSEC vpn client for linux

    Hello,

    I have installed an Ubuntu Linux onto an IBM R32 and am trying to se if it
    may replace Windows on travels. However this requires for me to get a
    VPN-client working as a replacement for the one I normally use: Securemote
    from Checkpoint.

    The few I have been looking for do not have a very practical installations
    setup - can I get a hint on how to make a vpn-client running on the Ubuntu?

    --

    Med venlig hilsen

    Per

  2. Re: IPSEC vpn client for linux

    Per-M wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have installed an Ubuntu Linux onto an IBM R32 and am trying to se if it
    > may replace Windows on travels. However this requires for me to get a
    > VPN-client working as a replacement for the one I normally use: Securemote
    > from Checkpoint.
    >
    > The few I have been looking for do not have a very practical installations
    > setup - can I get a hint on how to make a vpn-client running on the Ubuntu?

    Open Synaptic, search for "VPN".

  3. Re: IPSEC vpn client for linux

    On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:09:05 +0100
    "Per-M" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I have installed an Ubuntu Linux onto an IBM R32 and am trying to se
    >if it may replace Windows on travels. However this requires for me to
    >get a VPN-client working as a replacement for the one I normally use:
    >Securemote from Checkpoint.
    >
    >The few I have been looking for do not have a very practical
    >installations setup - can I get a hint on how to make a vpn-client
    >running on the Ubuntu?

    apt-get install vpnc
    apt-get install kvpnc for a front end.
    You can import your Cisco profiles into your KVPNC client, being using
    it for over two years, no problems.

    --
    Jerry Maguire: Help me... help you. Help me, help you.
    ;-)

  4. Re: IPSEC vpn client for linux

    Per-M wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have installed an Ubuntu Linux onto an IBM R32 and am trying to se if it
    > may replace Windows on travels. However this requires for me to get a
    > VPN-client working as a replacement for the one I normally use: Securemote
    > from Checkpoint.
    >
    > The few I have been looking for do not have a very practical installations
    > setup - can I get a hint on how to make a vpn-client running on the Ubuntu?

    OpenVPN works for me. In the repo

+ Reply to Thread