Adding WPA encryption to Ubuntu... or Linspire - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Adding WPA encryption to Ubuntu... or Linspire - Ubuntu ; How is it done and remember, I am VERY new to this ndiswrapper and wpasupplicant stuff. Please help. I am trying to make use of a WMP54g Linksus wireless card. Linspire recognizes the card and installs the correct driver for ...

  1. Adding WPA encryption to Ubuntu... or Linspire

    How is it done and remember, I am VERY new to this ndiswrapper and
    wpasupplicant stuff. Please help.

    I am trying to make use of a WMP54g Linksus wireless card. Linspire
    recognizes the card and installs the correct driver for it... I think.
    Ubuntu and Kubuntu see the card and I eventually can get WEP but not WPA
    encryption. I am not going to change my wired/wireless network for this
    project.

    Please help.

  2. Re: Adding WPA encryption to Ubuntu... or Linspire

    On 2008-03-27, CL]-[D wrote:
    > How is it done and remember, I am VERY new to this ndiswrapper and
    > wpasupplicant stuff. Please help.
    >
    > I am trying to make use of a WMP54g Linksus wireless card. Linspire
    > recognizes the card and installs the correct driver for it... I think.
    > Ubuntu and Kubuntu see the card and I eventually can get WEP but not WPA
    > encryption. I am not going to change my wired/wireless network for this
    > project.

    Are you sure that your home network router is on WPA?

  3. Re: Adding WPA encryption to Ubuntu... or Linspire

    CL]-[D wrote:
    > How is it done and remember, I am VERY new to this ndiswrapper and
    > wpasupplicant stuff. Please help.
    >
    > I am trying to make use of a WMP54g Linksus wireless card. Linspire
    > recognizes the card and installs the correct driver for it... I think.
    > Ubuntu and Kubuntu see the card and I eventually can get WEP but not
    > WPA encryption. I am not going to change my wired/wireless network
    > for this project.

    Ubuntu: System/ Administration/ Network/ Connections tab - select
    Wireless connection - Properties button - Wireless settings - (deselect
    roaming) Password type - Menu - option WPA Personal - complete password

    Kubuntu: you need WPA supplicant which you can get with Adept
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...AHowTo/Kubuntu How to
    Enable WPA on Kubuntu

    I don't have a system with both Linspire2 and a wireless device, so I
    can't see that.

    --
    Mike Easter

+ Reply to Thread