Family Guy pushing firefox - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Family Guy pushing firefox - Ubuntu ; If you want to watch episodes of Family Guy for free, check out http:// familyguyvidz.net. They've got every episode ever aired! There's a youtube-like interface so you can watch the cartoon online - or, if you use firefox and have ...

  1. Family Guy pushing firefox

    If you want to watch episodes of Family Guy for free, check out http://
    familyguyvidz.net. They've got every episode ever aired! There's a
    youtube-like interface so you can watch the cartoon online - or, if you
    use firefox and have the downloadhelper add-on, you can save to your
    computer.

    But, unlike youtube, the familyguyvidz.net folks reckon that you *need*
    firefox to be able to watch the vids, and they even have a link you can
    click on to install the latest version of the bestest browser in the
    universe!!

    Now, I don't know if it's true that you need firefox to use the site - I
    use firefox anyway, and have no desire to install another browser just to
    check this out - but I think it's really cool that these guys are
    promoting it. So go there, install firefox, and watch some funny
    cartoons!!

  2. Re: Family Guy pushing firefox

    On 26 Mar 2008 21:27:40 GMT, firebrand
    wrote:

    >If you want to watch episodes of Family Guy for free, check out http://
    >familyguyvidz.net. They've got every episode ever aired! There's a
    >youtube-like interface so you can watch the cartoon online - or, if you
    >use firefox and have the downloadhelper add-on, you can save to your
    >computer.
    >
    >But, unlike youtube, the familyguyvidz.net folks reckon that you *need*
    >firefox to be able to watch the vids, and they even have a link you can
    >click on to install the latest version of the bestest browser in the
    >universe!!
    >
    >Now, I don't know if it's true that you need firefox to use the site - I
    >use firefox anyway, and have no desire to install another browser just to
    >check this out - but I think it's really cool that these guys are
    >promoting it. So go there, install firefox, and watch some funny
    >cartoons!!

    I like open source software, but I'm tired of websites proclaiming
    that everyone should user Firefox. I believe these sites should
    promote the usage of a standards compliant browser and inform people
    why IE is not. Is there something wrong with using Opera or Safari
    (besides the exploit which caused the Macbook Air to be compromised
    recently), or any of the other browsers out there?

  3. Re: Family Guy pushing firefox

    On 2008-03-29, Chris Johnson wrote:

    [snip]

    > I like open source software, but I'm tired of websites proclaiming
    > that everyone should user Firefox. I believe these sites should
    > promote the usage of a standards compliant browser and inform people
    > why IE is not. Is there something wrong with using Opera or Safari
    > (besides the exploit which caused the Macbook Air to be compromised
    > recently), or any of the other browsers out there?

    For many months/years there were web sites which spewed crap about how MSIE
    was the best way to view ther site.

    Now we have the reverse kicking in. ie use Firefox.

    I do agree whole heartly with your view that *standards* is the important
    thing. I care not which browser one uses as long as it meets the standards
    of the W3C.

    Big problem is how does one explain this in a sound/written bite?

    It does get tiresome opening gates thru which others will follow in time.

+ Reply to Thread