KDE4 - Kaccess - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on KDE4 - Kaccess - Ubuntu ; Just trying out KDE4 - some way to go yet, I think, though nice to see some eye candy as long as it's all easily configurable. However, when I started it, I had a permanent 98% CPU load by kaccess ...

  1. KDE4 - Kaccess

    Just trying out KDE4 - some way to go yet, I think, though nice to see
    some eye candy as long as it's all easily configurable.

    However, when I started it, I had a permanent 98% CPU load by kaccess -
    anyone know what this is/does? I killed the process without any negative
    side effects. Thus far...

    N.

  2. Re: KDE4 - Kaccess

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:28:18 +0000, Norbert Liecfeldt wrote:

    > Just trying out KDE4 - some way to go yet, I think, though nice to see
    > some eye candy as long as it's all easily configurable.
    >
    > However, when I started it, I had a permanent 98% CPU load by kaccess -
    > anyone know what this is/does? I killed the process without any negative
    > side effects. Thus far...
    >
    > N.

    http://developer.kde.org/development...-features.html

    Scroll down to the KAccess deamon description.

  3. Re: KDE4 - Kaccess

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 13:50:36 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:28:18 +0000, Norbert Liecfeldt wrote:
    >
    >> Just trying out KDE4 - some way to go yet, I think, though nice to see
    >> some eye candy as long as it's all easily configurable.
    >>
    >> However, when I started it, I had a permanent 98% CPU load by kaccess -
    >> anyone know what this is/does? I killed the process without any
    >> negative side effects. Thus far...
    >>
    >> N.

    > http://developer.kde.org/development...-features.html
    >
    > Scroll down to the KAccess deamon description.

    Many thanks; any thoughts why it would take up 95+% of CPU?

    Norbert

  4. Re: KDE4 - Kaccess

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:46:34 +0000, Norbert Ledt wrote:

    > On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 13:50:36 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:28:18 +0000, Norbert Liecfeldt wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just trying out KDE4 - some way to go yet, I think, though nice to see
    >>> some eye candy as long as it's all easily configurable.
    >>>
    >>> However, when I started it, I had a permanent 98% CPU load by kaccess
    >>> - anyone know what this is/does? I killed the process without any
    >>> negative side effects. Thus far...
    >>>
    >>> N.

    >> http://developer.kde.org/development...-features.html
    >>
    >> Scroll down to the KAccess deamon description.

    > Many thanks; any thoughts why it would take up 95+% of CPU?
    >
    > Norbert

    ...and what's wrong with my Name?

  5. Re: KDE4 - Kaccess

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 20:29:40 +0000, Norbert Ledt wrote:

    > On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:46:34 +0000, Norbert Ledt wrote:

    >>> http://developer.kde.org/development...-features.html
    >>>
    >>> Scroll down to the KAccess deamon description.

    >> Many thanks; any thoughts why it would take up 95+% of CPU?
    >>
    >> Norbert

    Don't know why it uses 95% CPU but being a beta anything is possible.

    > ..and what's wrong with my Name?

    User setting in Tools/Posting Profiles/$User/Full Name?

+ Reply to Thread