thumb drive and ubuntu - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on thumb drive and ubuntu - Ubuntu ; Can this be done? Install using a thumb drive with ubuntu installed? If possible, I could then use ubuntu on any computer and store data in a thumb drive home directory....

  1. thumb drive and ubuntu

    Can this be done?

    Install using a thumb drive with ubuntu installed?

    If possible, I could then use ubuntu on any computer and store data in a
    thumb drive home directory.

  2. Re: thumb drive and ubuntu

    franz fripplfrappl wrote:
    > Can this be done?
    >
    > Install using a thumb drive with ubuntu installed?
    >
    > If possible, I could then use ubuntu on any computer and store data in a
    > thumb drive home directory.

    GIYF

  3. Re: thumb drive and ubuntu

    "Derek Turner" wrote in message
    > franz fripplfrappl wrote:
    >> Can this be done?
    >>
    >> Install using a thumb drive with ubuntu installed?
    >>
    >> If possible, I could then use ubuntu on any computer and store data in a
    >> thumb drive home directory.
    >>

    > GIYF

    GFYA

  4. Re: thumb drive and ubuntu

    franz fripplfrappl wrote:
    > Can this be done?
    >
    > Install using a thumb drive with ubuntu installed?
    >
    > If possible, I could then use ubuntu on any computer and store data in a
    > thumb drive home directory.

    http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/09...ibbon-install/

  5. Re: thumb drive and ubuntu

    "kmbfha" wrote in message
    news:wrrGj.58799$ic2.21501@fe09.news.easynews.com. ..

    > "Derek Turner" wrote in message
    >> franz fripplfrappl wrote:
    >>> Can this be done?
    >>>
    >>> Install using a thumb drive with ubuntu installed?
    >>>
    >>> If possible, I could then use ubuntu on any computer and store data in a
    >>> thumb drive home directory.
    >>>

    >> GIYF

    > GFYA

    http://tinyurl.com/34ph3b

  6. Re: thumb drive and ubuntu

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:04:22 -0400, Ed Edelenbos wrote:

    > "kmbfha" wrote in message
    > news:wrrGj.58799$ic2.21501@fe09.news.easynews.com. ..
    >>
    >> "Derek Turner" wrote in message

    >>> GIYF

    >> GFYA
    >>

    > http://tinyurl.com/34ph3b

    thanks.

  7. Re: thumb drive and ubuntu

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 08:08:42 -0500, User wrote:

    > franz fripplfrappl wrote:
    >> Can this be done?
    >>
    >> Install using a thumb drive with ubuntu installed?
    >>
    >> If possible, I could then use ubuntu on any computer and store data in
    >> a thumb drive home directory.
    >>

    > http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/09...-gutsy-gibbon-

    install/

    Perfect! Thanks.

  8. Re: thumb drive and ubuntu

    franz fripplfrappl wrote:
    > On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 08:08:42 -0500, User wrote:
    >
    >> franz fripplfrappl wrote:
    >>> Can this be done?
    >>>
    >>> Install using a thumb drive with ubuntu installed?
    >>>
    >>> If possible, I could then use ubuntu on any computer and store data in
    >>> a thumb drive home directory.
    >>>

    >> http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/09...-gutsy-gibbon-

    > install/
    >
    > Perfect! Thanks.

    You're welcome. IMHO I tried this and wasn't very impressed with the
    performance, especially the extra long boot time. MCNLive-usb, however,
    works great for me and is a piece of cake to install. It is designed for
    this purpose, and seems to be more hardware-friendly.
    http://www.mcnlive.org/usblive.htm

+ Reply to Thread