Hardy update fails - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Hardy update fails - Ubuntu ; Moog writes: > > It certainly puts a lot of OS's to shame and is now becoming the > "de-facto" standard for other linux/unix style distros. > > If we want perfectly tested stability, we'd all be running slackware. > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: Hardy update fails -- What is going on with these broken driver updates???

    Moog writes:

    > It certainly puts a lot of OS's to shame and is now becoming the
    > "de-facto" standard for other linux/unix style distros.
    >
    > If we want perfectly tested stability, we'd all be running slackware.
    > Now don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that, but Ubuntu and
    > it's "pressures" have driven linux forward no end.

    Never a truer word spoken. Ubuntu has really set the standard for
    quality. The usual bozos will claim "it all just worked" years ago but
    anyone who is new to Linux in the last 3 years will know they're talking
    rubbish. The facts are that Linux has improved immeasurably in terms of
    ease of install, ease of use and quality support since Ubuntu started
    setting the mark.

    --
    If you are going to run a rinky-dink distro made by a couple of
    volunteers, why not run a rinky-dink distro made by a lot of volunteers?

  2. Re: Hardy update fails -- What is going on with these broken driverupdates???

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 13:17:30 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > Moog writes:
    >

    >> It certainly puts a lot of OS's to shame and is now becoming the
    >> "de-facto" standard for other linux/unix style distros.
    >>
    >> If we want perfectly tested stability, we'd all be running slackware.
    >> Now don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that, but Ubuntu and
    >> it's "pressures" have driven linux forward no end.

    > Never a truer word spoken. Ubuntu has really set the standard for
    > quality. The usual bozos will claim "it all just worked" years ago but
    > anyone who is new to Linux in the last 3 years will know they're talking
    > rubbish. The facts are that Linux has improved immeasurably in terms of
    > ease of install, ease of use and quality support since Ubuntu started
    > setting the mark.

    Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. Re: Hardy update fails -- What is going on with these broken driver updates???

    LittleGorm wrote:

    > On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 13:17:30 +0100, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Moog writes:
    >>

    >>> It certainly puts a lot of OS's to shame and is now becoming the
    >>> "de-facto" standard for other linux/unix style distros.
    >>>
    >>> If we want perfectly tested stability, we'd all be running slackware.
    >>> Now don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that, but Ubuntu and
    >>> it's "pressures" have driven linux forward no end.

    >> Never a truer word spoken. Ubuntu has really set the standard for
    >> quality. The usual bozos will claim "it all just worked" years ago but
    >> anyone who is new to Linux in the last 3 years will know they're talking
    >> rubbish. The facts are that Linux has improved immeasurably in terms of
    >> ease of install, ease of use and quality support since Ubuntu started
    >> setting the mark.

    Utter bull****. It *did* work, & SuSE Linux was one of the best distros to use.
    All distros like Ubuntu, & PCLinuxOS have done is make it *easier* for newbies
    to install & use.
    Furthermore, by his own admission Quack has only used a Linux distro for two
    years, so he's bleating out of his backside, as usual, as *he* had no
    experience of what it was like before then. Oh, but didn't Hadnone Quack even
    have problems installing Ubuntu two years back?

    --
    Mandriva 1 - 2008 - RC2 - 64bit OS.
    COLA trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread