Hardy Heron B1 Multiboot (not) - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Hardy Heron B1 Multiboot (not) - Ubuntu ; I installed the beta on a test P4 machine which also has OpenSuse and Mandriva partitions. The Ubuntu installer made entries for OpenSuse and Mandriva but those entries don't work. I manually edited menu.lst to use the familiar chainloader bit ...

  1. Hardy Heron B1 Multiboot (not)

    I installed the beta on a test P4 machine which also has
    OpenSuse and Mandriva partitions. The Ubuntu installer
    made entries for OpenSuse and Mandriva but those entries
    don't work.

    I manually edited menu.lst to use the familiar chainloader
    bit but that didn't work either.

    Finally I reinstalled one of the other two Linux partitions
    and let it write the MBR. Problem solved.

    I don't recall having this problem with previous versions of
    Ubuntu.

    --
    /u/caf/signature.txt

  2. Re: Hardy Heron B1 Multiboot (not)

    On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 15:03:48 -0600, Chuck Forsberg wrote:

    > I installed the beta on a test P4 machine which also has OpenSuse and
    > Mandriva partitions. The Ubuntu installer made entries for OpenSuse and
    > Mandriva but those entries don't work.
    >
    > I manually edited menu.lst to use the familiar chainloader bit but that
    > didn't work either.
    >
    > Finally I reinstalled one of the other two Linux partitions and let it
    > write the MBR. Problem solved.
    >
    > I don't recall having this problem with previous versions of Ubuntu.

    I would expect some underlying problems with beta versions. I would have
    installed GRUB from the Super Grub Bootdisk to correct the boot problem.

+ Reply to Thread