First Weekly Questions From A Newcomer - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on First Weekly Questions From A Newcomer - Ubuntu ; How is Ubuntu numbered? Just what the heck do those numbers mean? I really like having 7.1 installed. Since January 2007, never happened, how did we get to February? Ed (Sorry, it just seemed apropos)...

  1. First Weekly Questions From A Newcomer

    How is Ubuntu numbered? Just what the heck do those numbers mean? I really
    like having 7.1 installed. Since January 2007, never happened, how did we
    get to February?

    Ed

    (Sorry, it just seemed apropos)

  2. Re: First Weekly Questions From A Newcomer

    "Ed Edelenbos" wrote in news:fs6bap$s9b$1@aioe.org:

    > How is Ubuntu numbered? Just what the heck do those numbers mean? I
    > really like having 7.1 installed. Since January 2007, never happened,
    > how did we get to February?

    There's no such thing as version 7.1 in Ubuntu. You're probably referring
    to version 7.10, which was released in October 2007.

    (IOW, the "0" in "7.10" is mandatory; you shoudn't truncate it to "7.1".)

    --
    Glenn Shaw Indianapolis, IN USA
    .... eagerly waiting for Hardy (8.04)....

  3. Re: First Weekly Questions From A Newcomer

    Ed Edelenbos wrote:

    > How is Ubuntu numbered? Just what the heck do those numbers mean? I
    > really
    > like having 7.1 installed. Since January 2007, never happened, how did we
    > get to February?
    >

    > Ed
    >
    > (Sorry, it just seemed apropos)

    Well it's not you Wintard.

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    Q: What OS is built for lusers?
    A: Which one requires running lusermgr.msc to create them?

  4. Re: First Weekly Questions From A Newcomer

    Glenn Shaw writes:

    > "Ed Edelenbos" wrote in news:fs6bap$s9b$1@aioe.org:
    >
    >> How is Ubuntu numbered? Just what the heck do those numbers mean? I
    >> really like having 7.1 installed. Since January 2007, never happened,
    >> how did we get to February?

    > There's no such thing as version 7.1 in Ubuntu. You're probably referring
    > to version 7.10, which was released in October 2007.
    >
    > (IOW, the "0" in "7.10" is mandatory; you shoudn't truncate it to
    > "7.1".)

    LOL! Talk about missing the gag.

    --
    There are 3 types of guys -- the ones who hate nerds (all nerds, that
    is; girls aren't let off the hook); the ones who are scared off by girls

  5. Re: First Weekly Questions From A Newcomer

    NoStop wrote:

    > Ed Edelenbos wrote:
    >

    >>How is Ubuntu numbered? Just what the heck do those numbers mean? I
    >>really
    >>like having 7.1 installed. Since January 2007, never happened, how did we
    >>get to February?
    >>

    >>Ed
    >>
    >>(Sorry, it just seemed apropos)

    > Well it's not you Wintard.

    STFU onthepot!
    Frank

  6. Re: First Weekly Questions From A Newcomer

    "NoStop" wrote in message
    > Ed Edelenbos wrote:
    >
    >> How is Ubuntu numbered? Just what the heck do those numbers mean? I
    >> really
    >> like having 7.1 installed. Since January 2007, never happened, how did
    >> we
    >> get to February?
    >>

    >> Ed
    >>
    >> (Sorry, it just seemed apropos)

    > Well it's not you Wintard.
    >
    > Cheers.

    LOL... having trouble seeing the forest for the trees?

  7. Re: First Weekly Questions From A Newcomer

    Ed Edelenbos schreef:
    > How is Ubuntu numbered? Just what the heck do those numbers mean? I really
    > like having 7.1 installed. Since January 2007, never happened, how did we
    > get to February?
    >

    > Ed
    >
    > (Sorry, it just seemed apropos)

    Haha!