Gimp trouble - combining pics - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Gimp trouble - combining pics - Ubuntu ; I tried to combine two pictures -- a picture of Mars and a picture of the face on Mars. So far, all efforts have failed using the combine filter. Is there a better tool or method I should be trying??...

  1. Gimp trouble - combining pics

    I tried to combine two pictures -- a picture of Mars and a picture of
    the face on Mars. So far, all efforts have failed using the combine
    filter.

    Is there a better tool or method I should be trying??

  2. Re: Gimp trouble - combining pics

    On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 14:14:37 -0500, Sarah D. wrote:

    > I tried to combine two pictures -- a picture of Mars and a picture of
    > the face on Mars. So far, all efforts have failed using the combine
    > filter.
    >
    > Is there a better tool or method I should be trying??

    What are you trying to do? Put one picture on top of another? Put two
    pictures on the same jpg? Inset one picture into another?

    Al

  3. Re: Gimp trouble - combining pics

    Al wrote:

    > What are you trying to do? Put one picture on top of another? Put
    > two pictures on the same jpg? Inset one picture into another?

    I'm trying to blend the images together. 100% of the area of both
    images.

    You used to see a lot of this type of stuff -- a common theme was a
    womans face blended into a tree.

    Ideas?

  4. Re: Gimp trouble - combining pics

    On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 15:12:45 -0500, Sarah D. wrote:

    > Al wrote:
    >

    >> What are you trying to do? Put one picture on top of another? Put
    >> two pictures on the same jpg? Inset one picture into another?
    >>

    > I'm trying to blend the images together. 100% of the area of both
    > images.
    >
    > You used to see a lot of this type of stuff -- a common theme was a
    > womans face blended into a tree.
    >
    > Ideas?

    Pre scale the two images to the sizes you want them (easier than trying to
    match them later). Open a new image. Paste one image on the bottom layer.
    Create a new layer. Paste the other image in the new layer. Adjust the
    transparency of the top layer. Flatten image. Save.

  5. Re: Gimp trouble - combining pics

    Exeter wrote:

    > Pre scale the two images to the sizes you want them (easier than
    > trying to match them later). Open a new image. Paste one image on
    > the bottom layer. Create a new layer. Paste the other image in the
    > new layer. Adjust the transparency of the top layer. Flatten
    > image. Save.

    Seems like I came real close to this in one experiment. I'll try it
    tonight. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread