I have a laptop with built-in wireless support and an external
ethernet connector. When running Windows, I can use both interfaces
simultaneouly. In Ubuntu, I have never beern able to do so.

I can select one or the other, but the selection is a toggle. If I do
not have the ehthernet cable connected, and then plug it in, the
system automatically switches over to wired access, and drops back to
wireless if the cable is disconnected.

Is there no way to configure Ubuntu to use both interfaces at the same
time? I am currently running 8.04, but the bahaviour here is the same
as on 7.10, 7.04 and 6.10 that I have used in the past.
--
Jay (remove dashes for legal email address)