7.10 --> Update [199 items] --> reboot --> "network connectivity lost" - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on 7.10 --> Update [199 items] --> reboot --> "network connectivity lost" - Ubuntu ; 7.10 --> Update [199 items] --> reboot --> "network connectivity lost" Any fixes for this? I had not internet connectivity to my MiniPC until I swapped the USB and Ethernet connectors. The router is a Comcast ARRIS Cable Modem -- ...

  1. 7.10 --> Update [199 items] --> reboot --> "network connectivity lost"

    7.10 --> Update [199 items] --> reboot --> "network connectivity lost"

    Any fixes for this?

    I had not internet connectivity to my MiniPC until I swapped the USB and
    Ethernet connectors.
    The router is a Comcast ARRIS Cable Modem -- it works fine for my PC
    (Vista).

    ==========
    Other problems
    ==========
    Logging into a user account takes 3x longer with the patches in place.
    Turning off services makes little if any difference.
    Behavior otherwise can be sluggish.

    ========
    Error logs
    ========
    All I get inthe /var/log/daemon.log are persistent errors with text:

    No DHCPOFFERS recived.
    No working leases in permanent database.
    DCHPDISCOVER on ethX to 255.255.255.255 // X = 1 or 0

    One oddball:
    In vaInINinInrtwrt twert AllMar ... No DHCPOFFERS recived

  2. Re: 7.10 --> Update [199 items] --> reboot --> "networkconnectivity lost"

    On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:56:15 -0700
    "Max Power" wrote:

    > One oddball:
    > In vaInINinInrtwrt twert AllMar ... No DHCPOFFERS recived

    Which is why you are slow. You get not networking.
    Wireless or wired?

    --
    Live & let live, or leave.
    :-)

  3. Re: 7.10 --> Update [199 items] --> reboot --> "network connectivity lost" (NETWORKING)

    I am wired via USB and Ethernet.
    No modem, landline or wireless.

    >> One oddball:
    >> In vaInINinInrtwrt twert AllMar ... No DHCPOFFERS recived

    > Which is why you are slow. You get not networking.
    > Wireless or wired?

  4. Re: 7.10 --> Update [199 items] --> reboot --> "network connectivity lost" %% /etc/network/interfaces

    ==========================
    > No, becouse there is prob. a configuration problem. How is /etc/
    > network/interfaces set up? (use 'cat /etc/network/interfaces' in a
    > terminal window to see it's contents)

    $cat /etc/network/interfaces -->
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

    iface eth0 inet dhcp

    auto eth0

    auto eth1 inet dhcp
    auto eth1

    > What does command '/sbin/ifconfig' shows?

    a lot of info
    "UP BROADCST MULTICAST"
    +
    " UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST"
    +
    "UP BROADCAST"
    +
    "UP LOOPBACK RUNNING"

    > What does command 'lspci' shows?

    A whole lot of text, but the IEEE1394 and Ethernet controller show up.
    Some 5 USB controllers show up.
    Some 6 host bridges show up.
    A PCI bridge and 2 IDE interfaces show up.
    And a VGA controller.

    > What does command 'lsusb' and 'lsusb -t' shows?

    [lsusb -t]
    Cannot upen /proc/bus/usb/devices, No such file or directory (2)

    [lsusb]
    Bus 05 Dev 01: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 03 : ID
    Bus 02 Dev 04: UD 09c1:1337 Arris Interactive LLC
    Bus 02 Dev 01: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 04 Dev 01:
    Bus 01 Dev 01:

    ==> Leading 0's omitted from the bus and device numbers; surplus repeated ID
    0000:0000 not typed in.

    > Which device have you you network cable connected to?

    USB, but I am consiering moving back to the Ethernet cable -- but I don't
    know if that will do any good either.

    >> I had not internet connectivity to my MiniPC until I swapped the USB and
    >> Ethernet connectors.
    >> The router is a Comcast ARRIS Cable Modem -- it works fine for my PC
    >> (Vista).

    > Hm, I don't understand you network setup...
    >
    >> ==========
    >> Other problems
    >> ==========
    >> Logging into a user account takes 3x longer with the patches in place.
    >> Turning off services makes little if any difference.
    >> Behavior otherwise can be sluggish.

    > Could be problems becouse of your network problem.
    >
    >> ========
    >> Error logs
    >> ========
    >> All I get inthe /var/log/daemon.log are persistent errors with text:
    >>
    >> No DHCPOFFERS recived.
    >> No working leases in permanent database.
    >> DCHPDISCOVER on ethX to 255.255.255.255 // X = 1 or 0
    >>
    >> One oddball:
    >> In vaInINinInrtwrt twert AllMar ... No DHCPOFFERS recived

    > All that means that the computer can't connect to a network thet can
    > tell it which IP-number it should use (this is usefull information).
    > It allso show us that you have two ethernet connections. What type/
    > model is it on those? Commands earlier will tell us that. But not
    > which one you want to use.
    >
    > Answer the questions, and we might be able to help you on this.

  5. Re: 7.10 --> Update [199 items] --> reboot --> "network connectivity lost" %% /etc/network/interfaces

    "Max Power" schreef in bericht
    > $cat /etc/network/interfaces -->
    > auto lo
    > iface lo inet loopback
    >

    > iface eth0 inet dhcp
    >
    > auto eth0
    >
    > auto eth1 inet dhcp
    > auto eth1

    Late response ...

    Are you sure about 'auto eth1 inet dhcp,'
    'iface eth1 inet dhcp' sound more sane to me.

    The order of lines hould not be a concern, though I've never seen otherwise:
    put 'auto ethx' (just) above 'iface ethx ..'

    .... just 2 cnt

    HansH

+ Reply to Thread