Special Characters in Thunderbird - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Special Characters in Thunderbird - Ubuntu ; Hi Ian, Ian Thompson-Bell wrote: > When composing an email I sometimes want to include special characters > like beat and mu in the text. How can I do this? Try "abcTajpu", a TBird extension that should do what you ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Special Characters in Thunderbird

    Hi Ian,

    Ian Thompson-Bell wrote:

    > When composing an email I sometimes want to include special characters
    > like beat and mu in the text. How can I do this?

    Try "abcTajpu", a TBird extension that should do what you want.

    https://addons.update.mozilla.org/en...bird/addon/459

    Good Luck!
    Tim

  2. Re: Special Characters in Thunderbird

    Ian Thompson-Bell wrote:
    > When composing an email I sometimes want to include special characters
    > like beat and mu in the text. How can I do this?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Ian

    It doesn't look like many people answered what you want. You should put
    it in using the unicode character. First check out the following url:
    http://www.unicode.org/charts/ (Or to go to the greek directly
    http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0370.pdf ) It will give you a list of
    codes with the unicode equivalent. Then hold CTRL+SHIFT+U, which will
    bring up a text block that has an underlined u. Type in the unicode
    equivalent (Beta is 03B2 & Mu is 03BC), which will produce the
    following: β μ.

    Hope that helps.

    --
    Justin Miller
    http://welcometoubuntu.blogspot.com

  3. Re: Special Characters in Thunderbird

    "Justin E. Miller" wrote:
    > Ian Thompson-Bell wrote:
    >
    >> When composing an email I sometimes want to include special
    >> characters like beat and mu in the text. How can I do this?

    > It doesn't look like many people answered what you want. You
    > should put it in using the unicode character. First check out the
    > following url: http://www.unicode.org/charts/ (Or to go to the
    > greek directly http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0370.pdf ) It
    > will give you a list of codes with the unicode equivalent. Then
    > hold CTRL+SHIFT+U, which will bring up a text block that has an
    > underlined u. Type in the unicode equivalent (Beta is 03B2 & Mu
    > is 03BC), which will produce the following: β μ.
    >
    > Hope that helps.

    It won't. There is a header, called Content-Type. Most readers
    understand some set of values there, and will adjust. Without
    proper values you are just generating garbage. On my machine those
    values show up as a capital I covered with a ^ and followed by a
    power of two or a small 1/4.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  4. Re: Special Characters in Thunderbird

    Hi there

    Justin E. Miller wrote:

    > It doesn't look like many people answered what you want. You should put
    > it in using the unicode character. First check out the following url:
    > http://www.unicode.org/charts/ (Or to go to the greek directly
    > http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0370.pdf ) It will give you a list of
    > codes with the unicode equivalent. Then hold CTRL+SHIFT+U, which will
    > bring up a text block that has an underlined u. Type in the unicode
    > equivalent (Beta is 03B2 & Mu is 03BC), which will produce the
    > following: β μ.

    A neat trick

    > Hope that helps.

    Regards,
    Rob
    --
    The Leiden city council intends to mummify the town

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2