Another good reason for switching. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Another good reason for switching. - Ubuntu ; Baldylocks-Ubuntu illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing: > > I might be guilty of speed reading a bit and misinterpreting what "support" > means in this instance, but if the hardware is defective in any way then > the seller of that ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 82 of 82

  1. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    Baldylocks-Ubuntu illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    > I might be guilty of speed reading a bit and misinterpreting what "support"
    > means in this instance, but if the hardware is defective in any way then
    > the seller of that hardware is duty bound to repair or replace.

    Absolutely.

    > The hardware "EULA" (that is only viewed after purchase BTW) could state
    > that the PC is only suitable for use 2 hours a day and needs rebooting
    > every 15 minutes (quite likely if it's running Windows ) but that would
    > be unenforceable as it is an unfair contract.
    >
    > I quite agree that they should be under no obligation whatsoever to provide
    > software support for an OS that was not pre-installed.
    >
    > I must root around and find out the outcome was of the PC World supplied
    > laptop that had a broken screen hinge, PCW refused to repair/replace under
    > warranty because the owner had replaced Windows with Linux. Do you remember
    > that from later last year?

    Yes. I do recall it. PCWorld were guilty of sticking their head in the
    sand. IIRC they had to replace the unit the end.

    --
    Moog

    mashed potatoes"

  2. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    Wes Groleau wrote:
    > caver1 wrote:
    >> Hadron your turn.

    > WHY are you wasting your time reading his/her posts?
    >
    > (Not to mention everyone's bandwidth answering them.)

    Usually I don't. But it was one of those days.
    caver1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5