Another good reason for switching. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Another good reason for switching. - Ubuntu ; Hadron wrote: > NoStop writes: > >> caver1 wrote: >> >>> DanS wrote: >>>> "kmbfha" wrote in >>>> news:dReCj.72541$I5.54562@fe09.news.easynews.com: >>>> >>>>> That's because in libraires the patrons either use the web browser or >>>>> a proprietary program >>>>> for searching. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 82

Thread: Another good reason for switching.

  1. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    Hadron wrote:

    > NoStop writes:
    >
    >> caver1 wrote:
    >>
    >>> DanS wrote:
    >>>> "kmbfha" wrote in
    >>>> news:dReCj.72541$I5.54562@fe09.news.easynews.com:
    >>>>
    >>>>> That's because in libraires the patrons either use the web browser or
    >>>>> a proprietary program
    >>>>> for searching. The computers are normally set up as kiosks andt they
    >>>>> have no conatct with
    >>>>> the actual workings of the computer (hardware or software). The
    >>>>> computers are on and
    >>>>> ready to go for them when they siit down. Of course they don't know
    >>>>> what OS they're
    >>>>> using becasue they never see anything but what they're allowed to see.
    >>>>
    >>>> And what is different between this and much of the corporate world,
    >>>> being a user, and nothing more. They can turn on the PC, use the s/w,
    >>>> set up some personal preferences, but that's about it.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> That's talking about maybe 85-90% of all computer users. MS catered to
    >>> these users and did a good job of it. Now that they have control they
    >>> want more.(MS is not alone in this)
    >>> Linux did not cater to this aspect of the computing market. Linux is
    >>> starting to and doing it better than MS mostly because Linux does not
    >>> want to control me.
    >>> That is why I believe that Most EULAs are bad in that they are one
    >>> sided. Now we have to have one sided EULAs on hardware?
    >>> The only computer that I have owned that I didn't build was my first
    >>> one. That is the way it will stay as I will not have any corporation
    >>> controlling me for their profit.

    >
    > How do they "control" you?
    >
    >>> EULAs in the computer world over all are wrong in that they want to give
    >>> complete control to one side of a so called contract.

    >
    > Nonsense.
    >
    >>> caver1

    >>
    >> I wonder if these EULAs have ever been validated in a court of law?
    >> Anyone have any info on this? The whole concept of purchasing a product
    >> and then being confronted with an EULA when installing it and not having
    >> access to it at the point-of-sale, just doesn't sound right to me and
    >> never has.
    >>

    >
    > The EULA is there to protect the companies from unscrupulous end users
    > who will screw up and then try to sue the makers.
    >

    That's usually just a small part of the text within a EULA, usually found
    under a "Disclaimer" heading. It's all the other **** in a MS EULA that is
    very disturbing.

    > Without the EULA, the companies leave themselves open to being defrauded
    > left right and centre.
    >

    They do? Are all computer users as dishonest as you or should be accused of
    being as dishonest as you?

    > Jesus, you cant get on a bus without agreeing to the terms of service.
    >

    If I was purchasing that bus, yes, I'd certainly want to look over the sales
    contract before I made the purchase. That, btw, was what I was talking
    about. But no, you, in your typical fashion, have to twist things and take
    them out of context, so you can continue your bull****.

    > What is wrong with you people?


    We're sane. So tell us about your mental state.

    Cheers.


    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    Q: What OS is built for lusers?
    A: Which one requires running lusermgr.msc to create them?

    Francis (Frank) adds a new "gadget" to his Vista box ...
    Download it here: http://tinyurl.com/2hnof6



  2. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    NoStop writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> NoStop writes:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> NoStop writes:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> But let my explain :: your story sounds like a load of made up
    >>>>>> bull**** to me in order to curry favour with the Linux hard core. I'm
    >>>>>> quite willing to believe I am wrong on this - possibly if you list the
    >>>>>> particular programs which your younger daughter finds so much "easier
    >>>>>> and faster" then I will alter my opinion. Until then it sounds like a
    >>>>>> load of hogwash to me.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> You sure do like to stir up ****, don't you Hadron? You make
    >>>>> such a big deal out of a perfectly normal statement when a father
    >>>>> refers to one of his children - "the youngest". You're obviously here
    >>>>> to do nothing but disrupt and in the same breathe accuse that behavior
    >>>>> as being "COLA" behavior. You're proving to be one sick asshole and I
    >>>>> can understand why in COLA most have developed such a disdain towards
    >>>>> you.
    >>>>
    >>>> He stated that she found the programs "easier and faster" under LInux.
    >>>>
    >>>> I want to know which ones.
    >>>>
    >>> Why the fuk do YOU need to know? Can't you just accept that not everyone
    >>> in this world is a ****ing liar like you?

    >>
    >> Because other wise he's spouting nonsense. I rarely find an OSS product
    >> to be easier to use.

    >
    > Then you're dumber than I thought! WTF would you be using an OSS product
    > that is so terrible? That doesn't make sense at all. If most OSS apps
    > are


    Where did I say "so terrible"? What is it with you and outrageous
    exaggerations to support your bull****? I said on many occasions there
    are exceptions. I already said most of the Gnu stuff is excellent. I
    live in emacs so most shoddy gui apps I leave untouched. I think debian
    is fantastic. But we were talking about GUI desktop apps.

    > inferior, as you claim, then I just don't understand why you use an
    > operating system that essentially is made up of OSS apps? Just stick
    > with


    Because you're an arsehole who reads what he wants to read. Why do you
    do this? At times you seem quite sane and reasonable but as soon as
    anyone say anything negative about OSS you go off at the deep end.


    > using a much more superior OS like Vista and be done with your lunatic


    Who said Vista was superior? I never did. You're making things up to
    support your fanatical ranting once more.

    > ravings. No one is forcing you to use something as inferior as Open
    > Source.


    You're quite mad you know.

  3. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    Hadron wrote:

    > caver1 writes:
    >
    >> NoStop wrote:
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> But let my explain :: your story sounds like a load of made up bull****
    >>>> to me in order to curry favour with the Linux hard core. I'm quite
    >>>> willing to believe I am wrong on this - possibly if you list the
    >>>> particular programs which your younger daughter finds so much "easier
    >>>> and faster" then I will alter my opinion. Until then it sounds like a
    >>>> load of hogwash to me.
    >>>
    >>> You sure do like to stir up ****, don't you Hadron? You make such
    >>> a big deal out of a perfectly normal statement when a father refers to
    >>> one of his children - "the youngest". You're obviously here to do
    >>> nothing but disrupt and in the same breathe accuse that behavior as
    >>> being "COLA" behavior. You're proving to be one sick asshole and I can
    >>> understand why in COLA most have developed such a disdain towards you.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers.
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >> The reason I brought up my youngest is that she is the only one with
    >> an open enough mind to use all three. The MS die hard which is male
    >> refuses to even look at anything else. And by the way my youngest is
    >> in college.
    >> the oldest graduated college 10 years ago.
    >> People that have to spout their so called credentials to call others
    >> not believable have already lost. After all quit a few of the greatest
    >> in their respective fields never graduated.
    >> caver1

    >
    > I wasnt spouting my credentials. I merely said I graduated almost 20
    > years ago to give you some idea of my age. You did ask.
    >

    You didn't tell us from what you graduated, so that tells us nothing about
    your age. You could have "graduated" from kindergarden or you could
    have "graduated" from 10 years of post-secondary education. In any case,
    it's mute. You act like a ****ing 12 year old.

    > Now, when you've finished rubbing up against ButtStop's leg, maybe you
    > could list these programs that your open minded youngert finds so much
    > "easier and faster". Go on. It would make good advocacy and I for one
    > would be seriously interested to hear which apps they are. Unless of
    > course you were making it all up to suck up as I suspect you are still
    > doing now.


    I already told you. She's probably liking Evolution and Synaptic, you bozo.
    Or I could be wrong and it's K3b or samba she likes. Then again, maybe it's
    Amarok? What ****ing difference does it make? You just waiting to jump in
    and tell us that Windows Media Player is better? Or is it Minesweeper that
    is the sure bet winner? Or is it Notepad or Windows Paint?

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    Q: What OS is built for lusers?
    A: Which one requires running lusermgr.msc to create them?

    Francis (Frank) adds a new "gadget" to his Vista box ...
    Download it here: http://tinyurl.com/2hnof6



  4. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    Hadron wrote:
    > NoStop writes:
    >
    >> caver1 wrote:
    >>
    >>> DanS wrote:
    >>>> "kmbfha" wrote in
    >>>> news:dReCj.72541$I5.54562@fe09.news.easynews.com:
    >>>>
    >>>>> That's because in libraires the patrons either use the web browser or
    >>>>> a proprietary program
    >>>>> for searching. The computers are normally set up as kiosks andt they
    >>>>> have no conatct with
    >>>>> the actual workings of the computer (hardware or software). The
    >>>>> computers are on and
    >>>>> ready to go for them when they siit down. Of course they don't know
    >>>>> what OS they're
    >>>>> using becasue they never see anything but what they're allowed to see.
    >>>> And what is different between this and much of the corporate world, being
    >>>> a user, and nothing more. They can turn on the PC, use the s/w, set up
    >>>> some personal preferences, but that's about it.
    >>>
    >>> That's talking about maybe 85-90% of all computer users. MS catered to
    >>> these users and did a good job of it. Now that they have control they
    >>> want more.(MS is not alone in this)
    >>> Linux did not cater to this aspect of the computing market. Linux is
    >>> starting to and doing it better than MS mostly because Linux does not
    >>> want to control me.
    >>> That is why I believe that Most EULAs are bad in that they are one
    >>> sided. Now we have to have one sided EULAs on hardware?
    >>> The only computer that I have owned that I didn't build was my first
    >>> one. That is the way it will stay as I will not have any corporation
    >>> controlling me for their profit.

    >
    > How do they "control" you?
    >
    >>> EULAs in the computer world over all are wrong in that they want to give
    >>> complete control to one side of a so called contract.

    >
    > Nonsense.
    >
    >>> caver1

    >> I wonder if these EULAs have ever been validated in a court of law? Anyone
    >> have any info on this? The whole concept of purchasing a product and then
    >> being confronted with an EULA when installing it and not having access to
    >> it at the point-of-sale, just doesn't sound right to me and never has.
    >>

    >
    > The EULA is there to protect the companies from unscrupulous end users
    > who will screw up and then try to sue the makers.
    >
    > Without the EULA, the companies leave themselves open to being defrauded left
    > right and centre.
    >
    > Jesus, you cant get on a bus without agreeing to the terms of service.
    >
    > What is wrong with you people?



    That's true but at the same time you don't give all rights of who is
    right or wrong,to the bus company. Or that if you are damaged by the bus
    company that all they have to do is give you the price of the bus ticket
    back. Or if they change drivers after you are on you have no right to
    get off if he/she is blind. Or if they change the rules and state that
    to continue to ride this bus you must sit Mork fashion. Or promise that
    if you ride their bus you may never use another company's bus. Or if you
    ride our bus you must prove that everything you bring onboard is not
    stolen, and we have the right to search everything of yours without any
    recourse from you. In fact is the ticket we just sold you stolen?
    I have no problem with businesses protecting themselves fairly.
    How often have has the software industry been sued by "unscrupulous end
    users..."? 5 times? 20 times? How many computers are the MS os's on?
    Real high precentage isn't it?
    Go to your lawyer and ask him/her what they think of signing away all
    your legal rights to a third party and give them the right to settle a
    dispute between you and them. How impartial will they be.
    The only ones that have something wrong with them are the ones that
    always want to let big business bend them over like you Hadron.
    caver1

  5. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    Hadron wrote:
    > NoStop writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> NoStop writes:
    >>>
    >>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> But let my explain :: your story sounds like a load of made up bull****
    >>>>> to me in order to curry favour with the Linux hard core. I'm quite
    >>>>> willing to believe I am wrong on this - possibly if you list the
    >>>>> particular programs which your younger daughter finds so much "easier
    >>>>> and faster" then I will alter my opinion. Until then it sounds like a
    >>>>> load of hogwash to me.
    >>>> You sure do like to stir up ****, don't you Hadron? You make such
    >>>> a big deal out of a perfectly normal statement when a father refers to
    >>>> one of his children - "the youngest". You're obviously here to do nothing
    >>>> but disrupt and in the same breathe accuse that behavior as being "COLA"
    >>>> behavior. You're proving to be one sick asshole and I can understand why
    >>>> in COLA most have developed such a disdain towards you.
    >>> He stated that she found the programs "easier and faster" under LInux.
    >>>
    >>> I want to know which ones.
    >>>

    >> Why the fuk do YOU need to know? Can't you just accept that not everyone in
    >> this world is a ****ing liar like you?

    >
    > Because other wise he's spouting nonsense. I rarely find an OSS product
    > to be easier to use. I would be interested in him backing up his
    > claims. If you claim this type of stuff then be prepared to justify
    > it. I will always justify my claims. Why can you not do the same? All
    > you do is rant and killfile.
    >
    >
    >>> Is that such a problem to you?
    >>>

    >> It's your constant challenging of others intentions that is a problem for
    >> me.

    >
    > Constant? Where is the constant?
    >
    >>> I tire of your sycophantic waffle.

    >> Then fukoff, as we're all getting very tired of you around here. Take
    >> your

    >
    > I dare say that the "we" as in "fan boy linux elite" are. Others can
    > draw a more reasoned conclusion based on the content rather than the
    > perceived side I am on. You see I am a Linux user. I rarely use
    > Windows. I am also involved in OSS development and propagation. Whereas
    > you are a zealot and a wannabe. I feel your pain. I feel no need to
    > defend the indefensible. I see a need to recognise issues in OSS and
    > address them.
    >



    Then if you are in open source development Hadron then I suggest you
    start making your products better.
    caver1

  6. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    Hadron wrote:

    > > That's like my youngest. Because of school she is use to using MS and
    > > MACs. At home I've got her using Ubuntu. Her comments are how much
    > > faster and easier Linux programs are to use.

    >
    > I do not believe you. How old is your "youngest" and which programs does
    > she use that she maintains are so much "easier" and "faster"?


    Well *my* youngest just turned 22 and is finishing up her last year
    of of college, and she says the exact same thing. I bought her a
    shiny new laptop for Christmas as a matter of fact and she
    "demanded" that I blow away Vista and install Ubuntu.

    Of course shes just doing trivial crap like research and writing
    papers that count for huge portions of her grade average, taking
    some of her classes on line or via CD, and managing a modestly used
    class "study group" forum on her University web server.

    As far as she's concerned all that stuff works so much better she
    doesn't even believe her grades would be as have been as high as
    they were if she was using a Windows box, which is in all
    likelihood a truism because her first year she was using Windows
    and her grades were lower. Year two I convinced her to switch and
    they improved. According to her she quit having constant, nagging
    problems that distracted her from the business at hand, and no
    longer had to give crap like viruses and spyware a thought either.
    The reliability, security, and stability of a Linux freed her mind
    and made her more productive, IOW.

    So sorry about your luck and all, but what you want to believe
    because it satiates your Windows fetish, is less than irrelevant.


  7. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    NoStop wrote:
    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> NoStop writes:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> NoStop writes:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> But let my explain :: your story sounds like a load of made up
    >>>>>> bull**** to me in order to curry favour with the Linux hard core. I'm
    >>>>>> quite willing to believe I am wrong on this - possibly if you list the
    >>>>>> particular programs which your younger daughter finds so much "easier
    >>>>>> and faster" then I will alter my opinion. Until then it sounds like a
    >>>>>> load of hogwash to me.
    >>>>> You sure do like to stir up ****, don't you Hadron? You make
    >>>>> such a big deal out of a perfectly normal statement when a father
    >>>>> refers to one of his children - "the youngest". You're obviously here
    >>>>> to do nothing but disrupt and in the same breathe accuse that behavior
    >>>>> as being "COLA" behavior. You're proving to be one sick asshole and I
    >>>>> can understand why in COLA most have developed such a disdain towards
    >>>>> you.
    >>>> He stated that she found the programs "easier and faster" under LInux.
    >>>>
    >>>> I want to know which ones.
    >>>>
    >>> Why the fuk do YOU need to know? Can't you just accept that not everyone
    >>> in this world is a ****ing liar like you?

    >> Because other wise he's spouting nonsense. I rarely find an OSS product
    >> to be easier to use.

    >
    > Then you're dumber than I thought! WTF would you be using an OSS product
    > that is so terrible? That doesn't make sense at all. If most OSS apps are
    > inferior, as you claim, then I just don't understand why you use an
    > operating system that essentially is made up of OSS apps? Just stick with
    > using a much more superior OS like Vista and be done with your lunatic
    > ravings. No one is forcing you to use something as inferior as Open Source.
    >
    > Cheers.
    >



    The only OSS software he finds to be inferior is his. Remembor Hadron is
    in OSS development.
    I guess the only reason we haven't found the inferior OSS software is
    because we won't use his.
    caver1

  8. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    Hadron wrote:
    > NoStop writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> NoStop writes:
    >>>
    >>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> NoStop writes:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> But let my explain :: your story sounds like a load of made up
    >>>>>>> bull**** to me in order to curry favour with the Linux hard core. I'm
    >>>>>>> quite willing to believe I am wrong on this - possibly if you list the
    >>>>>>> particular programs which your younger daughter finds so much "easier
    >>>>>>> and faster" then I will alter my opinion. Until then it sounds like a
    >>>>>>> load of hogwash to me.
    >>>>>> You sure do like to stir up ****, don't you Hadron? You make
    >>>>>> such a big deal out of a perfectly normal statement when a father
    >>>>>> refers to one of his children - "the youngest". You're obviously here
    >>>>>> to do nothing but disrupt and in the same breathe accuse that behavior
    >>>>>> as being "COLA" behavior. You're proving to be one sick asshole and I
    >>>>>> can understand why in COLA most have developed such a disdain towards
    >>>>>> you.
    >>>>> He stated that she found the programs "easier and faster" under LInux.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I want to know which ones.
    >>>>>
    >>>> Why the fuk do YOU need to know? Can't you just accept that not everyone
    >>>> in this world is a ****ing liar like you?
    >>> Because other wise he's spouting nonsense. I rarely find an OSS product
    >>> to be easier to use.

    >> Then you're dumber than I thought! WTF would you be using an OSS product
    >> that is so terrible? That doesn't make sense at all. If most OSS apps
    >> are

    >
    > Where did I say "so terrible"? What is it with you and outrageous
    > exaggerations to support your bull****? I said on many occasions there
    > are exceptions. I already said most of the Gnu stuff is excellent. I
    > live in emacs so most shoddy gui apps I leave untouched. I think debian
    > is fantastic. But we were talking about GUI desktop apps.
    >
    >> inferior, as you claim, then I just don't understand why you use an
    >> operating system that essentially is made up of OSS apps? Just stick
    >> with

    >
    > Because you're an arsehole who reads what he wants to read. Why do you
    > do this? At times you seem quite sane and reasonable but as soon as
    > anyone say anything negative about OSS you go off at the deep end.
    >
    >
    >> using a much more superior OS like Vista and be done with your lunatic

    >
    > Who said Vista was superior? I never did. You're making things up to
    > support your fanatical ranting once more.



    Who is waffling know?


    >> ravings. No one is forcing you to use something as inferior as Open
    >> Source.

    >
    > You're quite mad you know.


  9. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    Non scrivetemi wrote:
    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >>> That's like my youngest. Because of school she is use to using MS and
    >>> MACs. At home I've got her using Ubuntu. Her comments are how much
    >>> faster and easier Linux programs are to use.

    >> I do not believe you. How old is your "youngest" and which programs does
    >> she use that she maintains are so much "easier" and "faster"?

    >
    > Well *my* youngest just turned 22 and is finishing up her last year
    > of of college, and she says the exact same thing. I bought her a
    > shiny new laptop for Christmas as a matter of fact and she
    > "demanded" that I blow away Vista and install Ubuntu.
    >
    > Of course shes just doing trivial crap like research and writing
    > papers that count for huge portions of her grade average, taking
    > some of her classes on line or via CD, and managing a modestly used
    > class "study group" forum on her University web server.
    >
    > As far as she's concerned all that stuff works so much better she
    > doesn't even believe her grades would be as have been as high as
    > they were if she was using a Windows box, which is in all
    > likelihood a truism because her first year she was using Windows
    > and her grades were lower. Year two I convinced her to switch and
    > they improved. According to her she quit having constant, nagging
    > problems that distracted her from the business at hand, and no
    > longer had to give crap like viruses and spyware a thought either.
    > The reliability, security, and stability of a Linux freed her mind
    > and made her more productive, IOW.
    >
    > So sorry about your luck and all, but what you want to believe
    > because it satiates your Windows fetish, is less than irrelevant.
    >




    You should have stayed out of this. Now Har Har hardon thinks you're a
    liar also. But then again according to Hadron he never knew a young girl
    to notice those kind of things. Says a lot for his kids don't it.

    caver1

  10. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    Non scrivetemi wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> > That's like my youngest. Because of school she is use to using MS and
    >> > MACs. At home I've got her using Ubuntu. Her comments are how much
    >> > faster and easier Linux programs are to use.

    >>
    >> I do not believe you. How old is your "youngest" and which programs does
    >> she use that she maintains are so much "easier" and "faster"?

    >
    > Well *my* youngest just turned 22 and is finishing up her last year
    > of of college, and she says the exact same thing. I bought her a
    > shiny new laptop for Christmas as a matter of fact and she
    > "demanded" that I blow away Vista and install Ubuntu.
    >
    > Of course shes just doing trivial crap like research and writing
    > papers that count for huge portions of her grade average, taking
    > some of her classes on line or via CD, and managing a modestly used
    > class "study group" forum on her University web server.
    >
    > As far as she's concerned all that stuff works so much better she
    > doesn't even believe her grades would be as have been as high as
    > they were if she was using a Windows box, which is in all
    > likelihood a truism because her first year she was using Windows
    > and her grades were lower. Year two I convinced her to switch and
    > they improved. According to her she quit having constant, nagging
    > problems that distracted her from the business at hand, and no
    > longer had to give crap like viruses and spyware a thought either.
    > The reliability, security, and stability of a Linux freed her mind
    > and made her more productive, IOW.
    >
    > So sorry about your luck and all, but what you want to believe
    > because it satiates your Windows fetish, is less than irrelevant.


    Yeh, but can she play games like Hadron demands from an OS? Oh, you mean,
    she's a mature and intelligent adult who doesn't have the time for games
    while she pursues an education that will hopefully lead to a successful
    future? How silly of me.

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    Q: What OS is built for lusers?
    A: Which one requires running lusermgr.msc to create them?

    Francis (Frank) adds a new "gadget" to his Vista box ...
    Download it here: http://tinyurl.com/2hnof6



  11. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    caver1 wrote:

    > NoStop wrote:
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> NoStop writes:
    >>>
    >>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> NoStop writes:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> But let my explain :: your story sounds like a load of made up
    >>>>>>> bull**** to me in order to curry favour with the Linux hard core.
    >>>>>>> I'm quite willing to believe I am wrong on this - possibly if you
    >>>>>>> list the particular programs which your younger daughter finds so
    >>>>>>> much "easier and faster" then I will alter my opinion. Until then it
    >>>>>>> sounds like a load of hogwash to me.
    >>>>>> You sure do like to stir up ****, don't you Hadron? You make
    >>>>>> such a big deal out of a perfectly normal statement when a father
    >>>>>> refers to one of his children - "the youngest". You're obviously here
    >>>>>> to do nothing but disrupt and in the same breathe accuse that
    >>>>>> behavior as being "COLA" behavior. You're proving to be one sick
    >>>>>> asshole and I can understand why in COLA most have developed such a
    >>>>>> disdain towards you.
    >>>>> He stated that she found the programs "easier and faster" under LInux.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I want to know which ones.
    >>>>>
    >>>> Why the fuk do YOU need to know? Can't you just accept that not
    >>>> everyone in this world is a ****ing liar like you?
    >>> Because other wise he's spouting nonsense. I rarely find an OSS product
    >>> to be easier to use.

    >>
    >> Then you're dumber than I thought! WTF would you be using an OSS product
    >> that is so terrible? That doesn't make sense at all. If most OSS apps are
    >> inferior, as you claim, then I just don't understand why you use an
    >> operating system that essentially is made up of OSS apps? Just stick with
    >> using a much more superior OS like Vista and be done with your lunatic
    >> ravings. No one is forcing you to use something as inferior as Open
    >> Source.
    >>
    >> Cheers.
    >>

    >
    >
    > The only OSS software he finds to be inferior is his. Remembor Hadron is
    > in OSS development.
    > I guess the only reason we haven't found the inferior OSS software is
    > because we won't use his.
    > caver1


    Has he ever made his software available for general use in the Linux
    community? I'd really like to run some "superior" OSS software, so I can
    find out just how bad the stuff I use daily is.

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    Q: What OS is built for lusers?
    A: Which one requires running lusermgr.msc to create them?

    Francis (Frank) adds a new "gadget" to his Vista box ...
    Download it here: http://tinyurl.com/2hnof6



  12. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    NoStop wrote:


    ....what a truly pathetic piece of **** for human being you really are.
    I almost feel sorry for you except I see that you actually enjoy your
    sickness.
    Frank

  13. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    On 2008-03-14, NoStop hit the keyboard and wrote:


    > You're proving to be one sick asshole and I can understand why in
    > COLA most have developed such a disdain towards you.



    I just wonder why don't more of you guys plonk him? then Hadron could
    carry on conversations with other win-troll till hell freezes over.
    And yes, I've *PLONKED* Hadron, it turned out in my case just a
    waste of my time, as he/her/it doesn't offer much help here in this
    "help-group" as he/her/it maintained....


    >
    > Cheers.
    >




    Dragomir Kollaric
    --
    This signature is licensed under the GPL and may be
    freely distributed as long as a copy of the GPL is included... :-)


  14. Re: Another good reason for switching.



    "PeterKöhlmann" wrote in message
    news:fre6d1$7ph$00$1@news.t-online.com...

    > EULAs are totally invalid in most european countries. In germany they are
    > not worth the (non-)paper they are written on.
    > You are entitled to know all the conditions pre-sale. Any additional
    > restriction is invalid and may even backfire on the company using it.
    >
    > So, you can actually click on any EULA you like here, it is non-binding.
    > It has zero legal value if you get to see it only after the sale.



    Wow!! you got something right. 8-)


  15. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    On 2008-03-14, NoStop hit the keyboard and wrote:
    > caver1 wrote:
    >
    >> NoStop wrote:
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> NoStop writes:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> NoStop writes:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> But let my explain :: your story sounds like a load of made up
    >>>>>>>> bull**** to me in order to curry favour with the Linux hard core.
    >>>>>>>> I'm quite willing to believe I am wrong on this - possibly if you
    >>>>>>>> list the particular programs which your younger daughter finds so
    >>>>>>>> much "easier and faster" then I will alter my opinion. Until then it
    >>>>>>>> sounds like a load of hogwash to me.
    >>>>>>> You sure do like to stir up ****, don't you Hadron? You make
    >>>>>>> such a big deal out of a perfectly normal statement when a father
    >>>>>>> refers to one of his children - "the youngest". You're obviously here
    >>>>>>> to do nothing but disrupt and in the same breathe accuse that
    >>>>>>> behavior as being "COLA" behavior. You're proving to be one sick
    >>>>>>> asshole and I can understand why in COLA most have developed such a
    >>>>>>> disdain towards you.
    >>>>>> He stated that she found the programs "easier and faster" under LInux.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> I want to know which ones.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> Why the fuk do YOU need to know? Can't you just accept that not
    >>>>> everyone in this world is a ****ing liar like you?
    >>>> Because other wise he's spouting nonsense. I rarely find an OSS product
    >>>> to be easier to use.
    >>>
    >>> Then you're dumber than I thought! WTF would you be using an OSS product
    >>> that is so terrible? That doesn't make sense at all. If most OSS apps are
    >>> inferior, as you claim, then I just don't understand why you use an
    >>> operating system that essentially is made up of OSS apps? Just stick with
    >>> using a much more superior OS like Vista and be done with your lunatic
    >>> ravings. No one is forcing you to use something as inferior as Open
    >>> Source.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers.
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >> The only OSS software he finds to be inferior is his. Remembor Hadron is
    >> in OSS development.
    >> I guess the only reason we haven't found the inferior OSS software is
    >> because we won't use his.
    >> caver1




    > Has he ever made his software available for general use in the Linux
    > community? I'd really like to run some "superior" OSS software, so I can
    > find out just how bad the stuff I use daily is.


    Yeah I too would like to know on what he is working on, as
    he spends so much time here (judging from the responses I
    see where his name comes up.) His daytime job must be one
    that pays a lot that one could have soo much free time. Some
    (including myself) told him that if finds the Distributions
    to be hell, he could create one, that has all the benefits
    of all. It appears he didn't take up the suggestion.

    >
    > Cheers.
    >




    Dragomir Kollaric
    --
    This signature is licensed under the GPL and may be
    freely distributed as long as a copy of the GPL is included... :-)


  16. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    caver1 wrote:

    > NoStop wrote:
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> NoStop writes:
    >>>
    >>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> NoStop writes:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> But let my explain :: your story sounds like a load of made up
    >>>>>>> bull**** to me in order to curry favour with the Linux hard core. I'm
    >>>>>>> quite willing to believe I am wrong on this - possibly if you list the
    >>>>>>> particular programs which your younger daughter finds so much "easier
    >>>>>>> and faster" then I will alter my opinion. Until then it sounds like a
    >>>>>>> load of hogwash to me.
    >>>>>> You sure do like to stir up ****, don't you Hadron? You make
    >>>>>> such a big deal out of a perfectly normal statement when a father
    >>>>>> refers to one of his children - "the youngest". You're obviously here
    >>>>>> to do nothing but disrupt and in the same breathe accuse that behavior
    >>>>>> as being "COLA" behavior. You're proving to be one sick asshole and I
    >>>>>> can understand why in COLA most have developed such a disdain towards
    >>>>>> you.
    >>>>> He stated that she found the programs "easier and faster" under LInux.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I want to know which ones.
    >>>>>
    >>>> Why the fuk do YOU need to know? Can't you just accept that not everyone
    >>>> in this world is a ****ing liar like you?
    >>> Because other wise he's spouting nonsense. I rarely find an OSS product
    >>> to be easier to use.

    >>
    >> Then you're dumber than I thought! WTF would you be using an OSS product
    >> that is so terrible? That doesn't make sense at all. If most OSS apps are
    >> inferior, as you claim, then I just don't understand why you use an
    >> operating system that essentially is made up of OSS apps? Just stick with
    >> using a much more superior OS like Vista and be done with your lunatic
    >> ravings. No one is forcing you to use something as inferior as Open Source.
    >>
    >> Cheers.
    >>

    > The only OSS software he finds to be inferior is his. Remembor Hadron is
    > in OSS development.


    So *he* says. The only evidence he's given so far, that I've seen, is that he's
    reported a bug in something. Big deal, a lot of us do that daily when testing
    beta versions.

    > I guess the only reason we haven't found the inferior OSS software is
    > because we won't use his.


    Whatever *it* is he's supposed to have developed.

    --
    Free-BSD 7.0, PC-BSD 1.4
    Linux systems: PCLOS 2007,Fedora 8, Kubuntu 7.10.
    Testing: Mandrake One 2008.1 RC1
    -- On 64bit systems --

  17. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    NoStop wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> But let my explain :: your story sounds like a load of made up bull****
    >> to me in order to curry favour with the Linux hard core. I'm quite
    >> willing to believe I am wrong on this - possibly if you list the
    >> particular programs which your younger daughter finds so much "easier
    >> and faster" then I will alter my opinion. Until then it sounds like a
    >> load of hogwash to me.

    >
    > You sure do like to stir up ****, don't you Hadron? You make such a
    > big deal out of a perfectly normal statement when a father refers to one of
    > his children - "the youngest". You're obviously here to do nothing but
    > disrupt and in the same breathe accuse that behavior as being "COLA"
    > behavior.


    It's what trolls do.


    "Of course I troll sometimes. I never denied it."

    Hadron
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    Message-ID:
    Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007

    > You're proving to be one sick asshole and I can understand why in
    > COLA most have developed such a disdain towards you.


    Seems like a few in here have too.

    --
    Mandrake One 2008.1 RC1
    -- On 64bit systems --

  18. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    Dragomir Kollaric writes:

    > On 2008-03-14, NoStop hit the keyboard and wrote:
    >
    >
    >> You're proving to be one sick asshole and I can understand why in
    >> COLA most have developed such a disdain towards you.

    >
    >
    > I just wonder why don't more of you guys plonk him? then Hadron could
    > carry on conversations with other win-troll till hell freezes over.
    > And yes, I've *PLONKED* Hadron, it turned out in my case just a
    > waste of my time, as he/her/it doesn't offer much help here in this
    > "help-group" as he/her/it maintained....


    Yes I do. But I dont throw in my tuppence worth if someone sensible like
    Moog has already answered.

    So tell me Dragomir, do you agree that IBM is the perfect OSS role
    model?

    Are you not interested which programs that "caver1"s off spring finds
    "easier and faster".

    Or are you too so far down the zealot highway that you can not spot a
    bull ****ter a mile off?

    Being a Linux fan does not mean you have to leave your common sense or
    Windows installation outside on the step when you enter Ubuntu you know.


    --
    Spamming COLA for years : shillgeld.
    Signing on while at Uni : a few quid.
    Living at home in mothers basement : thrifty.
    Getting caught propagating Viruses to windows machines which visit your revenue generating website: Priceless!

    http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorb...towitz.com.jpg

  19. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    Hadron wrote:
    > Dragomir Kollaric writes:
    >
    >> On 2008-03-14, NoStop hit the keyboard and wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> You're proving to be one sick asshole and I can understand why in
    >>> COLA most have developed such a disdain towards you.

    >>
    >> I just wonder why don't more of you guys plonk him? then Hadron could
    >> carry on conversations with other win-troll till hell freezes over.
    >> And yes, I've *PLONKED* Hadron, it turned out in my case just a
    >> waste of my time, as he/her/it doesn't offer much help here in this
    >> "help-group" as he/her/it maintained....

    >
    > Yes I do. But I dont throw in my tuppence worth if someone sensible like
    > Moog has already answered.
    >
    > So tell me Dragomir, do you agree that IBM is the perfect OSS role
    > model?
    >
    > Are you not interested which programs that "caver1"s off spring finds
    > "easier and faster".
    >
    > Or are you too so far down the zealot highway that you can not spot a
    > bull ****ter a mile off?
    >
    > Being a Linux fan does not mean you have to leave your common sense or
    > Windows installation outside on the step when you enter Ubuntu you know.
    >
    >



    Hadron your turn. Everytime someone says they find Linux better for one
    reason or another you call them everything from zealots to whatever and
    then want them to "prove" what they experience. Yet have you ever proved
    that the Linux that you "use", "develop" for or even "like" is the piece
    of **** you always say it is.
    Put up or shut up.
    caver1

  20. Re: Another good reason for switching.

    Gordon wrote:

    > On 2008-03-13, Walter Mautner
    > wrote:
    >>

    >
    >> Now, I am using linux at work as well, but what to do against a new asset
    >> software running only from within IE and .net 2.0? It appears to work
    >> somehow from within wine, but often enough IE just disappears ...
    >>

    > You might like to try virtualisation. Run MS windows as a virtual machine.


    Yes, thanks, that's what I am already doing with vmware server and XP
    inside - there are other programs - a software deployment application, need
    to test registry and policy entries deployed at netlogon, and a lot more.
    --
    vista policy violation: Microsoft optical mouse found penguin patterns
    on mousepad. Partition scan in progress to remove offending
    incompatible products. Reactivate MS software.
    Linux 2.6.24. [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast