Oops... - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Oops... - Ubuntu ; On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:03:38 +0000, dennis@home wrote: >>> >>>> I'm not going to comment on Database as MS Access is just atrocious >>>> and the only database I'm willing to work with anyway is MySQL. So in >>>> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 101 to 116 of 116

  1. Re: Oops...

    >>> I use SQL server myself, works quite well and is free.

    >> True, I've used SQL Server myself too in the past. Good product, works
    >> quite well. It's only flaw is that it requires a windows server. =)

    > Its running on this notebook ATM. 8-) Don't tell Peter as he thinks
    > windows can't work and him knowing its running on a notebook and SQL
    > server and networking and VS2005 all at the same time is going to be to
    > much for him.

    Oh windows can work, I mean **** I've used it for enough years. It
    worked. Ubuntu though simply works better.

    >>> Run macros?

    >> Actually, OO has support for macros.

    > But different macros. 8-)
    > OO is not a lot of use if the company uses templates with word macros
    > in. OO isn't a lot of good if your customers send in tender requests
    > with word macros in either.
    > Sorry Mr. Customer but I reformatted your tender to remove the macros so
    > now your automated checker wont work and you can read all xxxx pages
    > yourself goes down really well.
    >
    > Likewise if they send in one in OO format it doesn't help to send it
    > back in word.

    Sure that I can see without a problem. But the question was "Run Macros?"
    not "Run Microsoft Macros?"

    Thing is though, those are problems you are always likely to have between
    any two different software packages that try to do the same thing. Many
    times it may not even be the developers fault though as things such as
    patents and lawyers may stand in the way of compatibility. No idea what,
    if any, patents may / may not be involved in MS Office but just throwing
    one of my concerns that I have myself as a software developer out there
    when writing my own software.

    One of the many reasons why I absolutely hate software patents.

    --
    Stephan
    1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

    君の事思い出す日なんてないのは
    君の事忘れたときがないから

  2. Re: Oops...

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Nomen Nescio" wrote in message
    >
    > Hi cretin!

    And that is all you can muster for a response and a challenge? You're
    fukking pathetic. But we already knew that.

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    Q: What OS is built for lusers?
    A: Which one requires running lusermgr.msc to create them?

  3. Re: Oops...

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Nomen Nescio" wrote in message
    >
    > Hi cretin!

    Well hello there yourself, leg humper! How goes the life of a
    Village Imbecile this week?

  4. Re: Oops...

    Frank wrote:

    > I see

    Sony, you couldn't see your ass even if you did manage to extricate
    you head from its orifice for a few seconds.

    Now set pretty and speak for me again. Comeon boy... sit... SIT!

    Speak!

    Goooood doggy.

    /me gives Frankie a tasty biscuit

    *snicker*

  5. Re: Oops...

    "Nomen Nescio" wrote in message

    Hi cretin!

  6. Re: Oops...

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Nomen Nescio" wrote in message
    >
    > Hi cretin!

    Ut ohhh! Looks like widdle Denny got hims diapers all in a bunch.
    Hims playing stalker games now isn't hims?

    Powr widdle Denny.

  7. Re: Oops...

    "Anonymous" wrote in message
    news:d463951ee70150f1aaed31bde25849a3@hermetix.org ...
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >

    >> "Nomen Nescio" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi cretin!

    > Ut ohhh! Looks like widdle Denny got hims diapers all in a bunch.
    > Hims playing stalker games now isn't hims?
    >
    > Powr widdle Denny.

    Hi cretin, are you stalking like Nomen then?

  8. Re: Oops...

    On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:47:27 +0000, Robin T Cox wrote:

    > On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 06:53:34 -0400, nopam wrote:
    >
    >> However this might seem strange to most people as Wal-Mart actually sold
    >> out the in-store gPC inventory and then decided not to restock.

    > If Walmart's presence in the UK, via their Asda stores, is anything to go
    > by, they don't much care about customer choice anyway.

    Yeah, f**king wretched white linen suit they sold me. :-)

    --
    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

  9. Re: Oops...

    On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 23:58:15 -0500, CBFalconer wrote:

    > Here (in the sig) are some more opinions.

    Which one? (Sorry, couldn't resist)

    --
    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

  10. Re: Oops...

    Trevor Best wrote:
    > CBFalconer wrote:
    >
    >> Here (in the sig) are some more opinions.

    > Which one? (Sorry, couldn't resist)

    That's all right. I'll postpone revenge. :-)

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  11. Re: Oops...

    Frank wrote:
    > NoStop wrote:
    >
    >> Bill Baka wrote:

    >>> Read the damned articles or STFU.
    >>>
    >>> Bill Baka

    >> Big mistake Bill! You're assuming Francis is capable of reading and
    >> understanding anything. He's proven over and over again that with his
    >> IQ of
    >> 60, he's just not capable of comprehending anything. He claims he
    >> suffered
    >> a massive brain injury on the battlefield and it shows.

    Why is yours half of what you claim his is. Now is it he he he or the
    smart way of ha ha ha

    >> Cheers.
    >>

    > You're not any part of any linux solution. You're a big part of the
    > linux problem and I think even in this linux ng most realize that fact.
    > You have some real problems and you need help.
    > Too bad you can't deal with that reality.
    > Frank

  12. Re: Oops...

    Frank wrote:
    > mimus wrote:
    >

    > ...Vista is not a serious microcomputer.
    >
    > It's a media-center and maybe game-machine.

    > Hahaha...you're funny!

    Glad it is ha ha ha instead of he he he ur lurnan
    > The world runs on Microsoft desktop OS's including Vista.
    > Sorry!
    > Frank

  13. Re: Oops...

    measekite wrote:

    hehehehehe...LOL!
    Frank

  14. Re: Oops...

    measekite wrote:

    ....hehehehehe...you fukkin idiot moron POS lying loser...LOL!
    Frank

  15. Re: Oops...

    kmbfha wrote:
    > "NoStop" wrote in message
    >> kmbfha wrote:
    >>
    >>> "pcbldrNinetyEight" wrote in message
    >>> news:Xns9A5E7A2D1C92pcbldrNinetyEight@216.168.3.44 ...

    >>> HA. If Walmart can't sell them nobody else will.
    >>>
    >>> The problem is customers Windows apps won't run on Linux so they take
    >>> them
    >>> back. The average person has no desire to tinker with a computer to make
    >>> it work. They want it to work out of the box. If it doesn't they either
    >>> take it back or put it in a corner.

    >> Like they're doing in droves with Vista?
    >>
    >> Cheers.
    >>

    > Absolutely. Vista suffers from poor planning and workmanship. You would
    > think after working on it for so many years they could have come up with
    > something better than that.
    >
    > Linux suffers the same fate but the reason Linux suffers is because there
    > are so many distributions. Hell, Ubuntu even has five distros of their own
    > (Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Edubuntu and Gobuntu). Everybody wants to do
    > their own thing which is fine. Just don't expect the mainstreamers to jump
    > on board because they want everything to work out of the box and everything
    > to work exactly as it did on their old computer. They don't want to learn
    > anything new. They just want to get to youtube. Having said that Vista
    > suffers from the same type of scenario with the mainstreamers.

    Oh, so Vista home basic, home premium, business flavors, etc. does not
    constitute too many distros? Let's see now, Windows 3.x Windows for
    Workgroups, Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, and then there are all of
    Windows Server, etc. Linux suffers from FUD attacks by Windows users
    that are afraid of change, and of course by Microsoft, who with the
    Vista debacle, has paved the way for Linux onto Main Street.

    The only thing that Linux suffers from is software developers that are
    afraid to risk the wrath of Microsoft for offering open source
    applications that will replace Windows apps.

    Oh, and one more thing, Even with all of the 64 bit CPUs out there, you
    still have to pay an additional premium to get Windows (any flavor) in
    64 bit. Pay extra for a buggy and insecure OS that doesn't have a stable
    distro since Windows was first released.

    And as far as the releases of Ubuntu for Gnome, KDE, education, etc.
    that's okay, because applications designed for Linux will run on all
    Linux distros. We just need to get the installation apps to resolve
    dependencies and all that stuff that InstallShield (tm) and others got
    paid to develop in the Windows world.

    Power to the people,
    Install generators on all stationary bicycles.

    FM

  16. Re: Oops...

    :
    : Power to the people,
    : Install generators on all stationary bicycles.

    It would make me cycle more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6