Oops... - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Oops... - Ubuntu ; Anonymous wrote: > Frank wrote: > > >>>Man, I've YET to come across a single one thing that OO can't >>>do that I need. >> >>Simple letters, yes. Try something with a macro. > > > Like a virus? > ...

  1. Re: Oops...

    Anonymous wrote:
    > Frank wrote:
    >

    >>>Man, I've YET to come across a single one thing that OO can't
    >>>do that I need.

    >>Simple letters, yes. Try something with a macro.

    > Like a virus?
    >
    > *snicker*

    If you are that stupid 'snicker'.
    Idiot!
    Frank

  2. Re: Oops...

    Hadron wrote:

    > Stephan Rose writes:

    >>> it isn't. *shrug. Its not a religious thing for me.

    >>> Good for you. Seriously.

    >>> Aha.

    >>> You have no need. OK. Fine. At least we get a better picture of YOUR
    >>> needs.

    >> Yea, I use proper databases and not some halfassed "solution".

    > What half assed solution. Oh no! You're not trying to show off that you
    > use an RDBMS are you? Not when something like access will do? LOL! Do
    > you interface mysql to your office documents for mail merges?

    >>> So thats presentations off too .... Good.

    >>> Irrelevant to you eh? Good ....

    >> Well I can't make a fair comparison to components I do not use, now
    >> can I?

    > No. Which makes all your rantings null and void. You use the WP for
    > simple letters. You are in NO position to judge.

    Well he isn't a secretary. Are you one Hadron, that just needs the "macros"
    that MS Office offers? Do you spend all that much time putting out
    printable correspondence? Probably none of us here require more from
    something like Word then simple correspondence and OO does that well enough
    without the expenditure of bells and whistles that only a fulltime
    SECRETARY might appreciate.

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    Q: What OS is built for lusers?
    A: Which one requires running lusermgr.msc to create them?

  3. Re: Oops...

    CBFalconer wrote:

    > Bill Baka wrote:
    >>

    > ... snip ...
    >>
    >> Read the damned articles or STFU.

    > Well, you are attracting the obscene trolls. dennis@home, Frank,
    > NoStop, also Hadron and Dan C.

    What's obscene about what I post? I'm not a troll, btw. So fuk off. ooops,
    is that what you mean by obscene?

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    Q: What OS is built for lusers?
    A: Which one requires running lusermgr.msc to create them?

  4. Re: Oops...

    Frank wrote:

    > Anonymous wrote:

    > >>Simple letters, yes. Try something with a macro.

    > > Like a virus?
    > >
    > > *snicker*
    > >

    > If you are that stupid 'snicker'.

    Neither you, nor MS Orifice, are intelligent enough to know the
    difference between a malicious macro and something that just
    bemuses that dollop of rotting gray matter hiding behind your
    protruding forehead.

    > Idiot!

    What an appropriate sig.

  5. Re: Oops...

    Stephan Rose wrote:

    > But please, do name something that MS Office does that EVERY
    > business (except for the ones I work with apparently) needs that
    > OO doesn't do. Please name it...I'd love to know.

    Well, there *is* the uncanny ability of MS products to jerk down
    your shorts and spread your cheeks as wide as possible, opening you
    up to all sorts of brutality at the hands of script kiddies
    everywhere.

    I'd submit that every IT Security business on the planet has a
    strong dependence on that little "feature". ;-)

  6. Re: Oops...

    dennis@home wrote:

    > > So WTF else do you want it to do? Cook your food, clean your
    > > house, wash the car and suck your dick?
    > >
    > > I mean seriously....

    > Run macros?

    Sorry ****forbrains, but Open Office not only has it's own rich
    macro language (minus the crap that's allowed every script kiddie
    on the planet to bugger MS Office users for years), but it's
    additionally extensible using a *real* programming language that's
    included by default in most scenarios where it's installed.

    Yes, ****forbrains, Open Office is actually *better* in this
    respect than anything Micro$lop could ever conceive, on so many
    levels it's amusing to see anyone even attempt to use it as a
    Micro$lop talking point.

    Have a nice day, MD5boi.

  7. Re: Oops...

    "NoStop" wrote in message
    > CBFalconer wrote:
    >
    >> Bill Baka wrote:
    >>>

    >> ... snip ...
    >>>
    >>> Read the damned articles or STFU.

    >> Well, you are attracting the obscene trolls. dennis@home, Frank,
    >> NoStop, also Hadron and Dan C.
    >>

    > What's obscene about what I post? I'm not a troll, btw. So fuk off. ooops,
    > is that what you mean by obscene?

    Can't be as I don't use words like that.
    I suspect he is just a pratt.

  8. Re: Oops...

    Non scrivetemi wrote:

    > Frank wrote:
    >

    >>Anonymous wrote:

    >>>Like a virus?
    >>>
    >>>*snicker*
    >>>

    >>If you are that stupid 'snicker'.

    > Neither you, nor MS Orifice, are intelligent enough to know the
    > difference between a malicious macro and something that just
    > bemuses that dollop of rotting gray matter hiding behind your
    > protruding forehead.

    I'm amazed that anyone can actually type on a keyboard while shoving his
    fat, bald head all the way up his ass!
    You've got a real "hidden" talent there laddie-boy...LOL!
    Frank

    >>Idiot!

    > What an appropriate sig.

    Yeah, really describes you to a "T" doesn't it!
    Frank

  9. Re: Oops...

    On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 21:09:21 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > Stephan Rose writes:

    >>> it isn't. *shrug. Its not a religious thing for me.

    >>> Good for you. Seriously.

    >>> Aha.

    >>> You have no need. OK. Fine. At least we get a better picture of YOUR
    >>> needs.

    >> Yea, I use proper databases and not some halfassed "solution".

    > What half assed solution. Oh no! You're not trying to show off that you
    > use an RDBMS are you? Not when something like access will do? LOL! Do
    > you interface mysql to your office documents for mail merges?

    Actually our office software will be tightly integrated with the new
    mysql database and will automate many of the task that are very tedious
    with MS Office and Access.

    Going away from MS Access and Office to our own in-house solution is
    saving considerable time and resources. So yes, I use MySql where access
    "will do" as it does so badly.

    >>> So thats presentations off too .... Good.

    >>> Irrelevant to you eh? Good ....

    >> Well I can't make a fair comparison to components I do not use, now can
    >> I?

    > No. Which makes all your rantings null and void. You use the WP for
    > simple letters. You are in NO position to judge.

    I've been using MS Office since the day it came out until MS Released
    Vista. So yes, I am in a position to judge. I've used it for sufficient
    years I do believe.

    But hey, out of curiosity. What do you use WP for?

    --
    Stephan
    1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

    君の事思い出す日なんてないのは
    君の事忘れたときがないから

  10. Re: Oops...

    On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 19:37:36 +0000, dennis@home wrote:

    > "Stephan Rose" wrote in message
    > news:ULGdnQTqfLudvETanZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 23:27:51 +0100, Hadron wrote:
    >>

    >>> Because OO is a bit of a dog in my experience. And it is not 100%
    >>> compatible. It makes a good go of it, but there are issues. I don't
    >>> use office any more myself, but lets fact facts, Open Office is no
    >>> where near the same quality as Office.

    >> Ok WTF do you want OO to do for you for crying out loud? I'm sick and
    >> tired of hearing this whole "OO isn't the same quality as Office".
    >>
    >> Man, I've YET to come across a single one thing that OO can't do that I
    >> need.

    > I agree as it happens, OO is a lot better now than it was. If I didn't
    > have M$ office I would use OO. I wouldn't throw M$ office away just to
    > use OO as I am more used to M$. I have certainly advised people to
    > download and use OO and will continue to do so.

    Agreed, I mean I know there is the odd feature that MS Office has that OO
    doesn't. But...I've yet to actually come across someone that uses
    something like that.

    >> I'm not going to comment on Database as MS Access is just atrocious and
    >> the only database I'm willing to work with anyway is MySQL. So in
    >> either office suite I have no need for the database crap.

    > I use SQL server myself, works quite well and is free.

    True, I've used SQL Server myself too in the past. Good product, works
    quite well. It's only flaw is that it requires a windows server. =)

    >> Presentation I'll leave open for debate, I generally don't have a need
    >> for pretty little slides. I can't make a comparison here.
    >>
    >> So those two are irrelevant to me in either office suite so I'll just
    >> compare the two things I use:
    >>
    >> I need to write a letter? No problem, I can write all the letters I
    >> want with OO. I don't even have a problem opening MS Office documents,
    >> the new docx from 2008 included. Opens perfectly fine.
    >>
    >> I need to do a spreadsheet to calculate something? No problems either.
    >>
    >> So WTF else do you want it to do? Cook your food, clean your house,
    >> wash the car and suck your dick?
    >>
    >> I mean seriously....

    > Run macros?

    Actually, OO has support for macros.

    --
    Stephan
    1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

    君の事思い出す日なんてないのは
    君の事忘れたときがないから

  11. Re: Oops...

    Frank wrote:

    > I'm amazed

    You're befuddled by shoe tying and wiping your own ass fanboi, so
    things that amaze you don't really have any significance as far as
    intelligent life forms are concerned.

    And your wit sucks so bad it swallows. It's like getting into an
    ass kicking contest with a one legged blind retard on a bender.
    Hardly worth the ASCII.

    Do try and be more entertaining, will you?

  12. Re: Oops...

    Nomen Nescio wrote:

    > You're befuddled by shoe tying and wiping your own ass fanboi, so
    > things that amaze you don't really have any significance as far as
    > intelligent life forms are concerned.

    Oh? You're being able to actually walk and breathe at the same time
    linturd, is nothing short of a miracle. Oh sorry, you're undoubtedly and
    atheist.
    I figure you have to wipe RS's hairy ass ever day just to be able to use
    urbutttoo.

    And your wit sucks so bad it swallows.

    You like to 'swallow' huh?...LOL!

    It's like getting into an
    > ass kicking contest with a one legged blind retard on a bender.
    > Hardly worth the ASCII.

    I see you're an expert on that, right?

    > Do try and be more entertaining, will you?

    Look in the mirror while you're kissing RS's hairy ass.
    That should prove to be very entertaining for a slug like you...LOL!
    You're rather stupid you know!
    Frank

  13. Re: Oops...

    dennis@home wrote:

    > >> A lot of open source is sloppy as can be seen from the code
    > >> ( I suppose you could fix it if you wanted to).

    > > /That's/ the *big* difference!

    > OK prove it.. I will choose a project that's sloppy and you can
    > demonstrate that it is easy to clean up.

    Bringit, limp dick.

    I'm a college educated veteran coder with nearly 20 years
    experience including dozens of documented contributions to a host
    of OSS projects of all types. You pick something your dumb ass
    believes is "sloppy", I'll shove some piece of MS crapola software
    with a problem down your throat, and we'll just see who chokes.

    And as far as your pathetic Intel 845 straw grab goes sonny, give
    it up because someone else already fixed it. OSS in action sonny.
    Didn't have anything to do with what your dumb ass thought
    it did either, it was an X.Org problem. Now resolved by the very
    same people you don't think can do it.

    *snicker*

    So let's see what your worthless self is made of, boy. I already
    have one lined up for you. This is going to be one of the most
    amusing episodes in your MD5 Village Idiot's saga.

  14. Re: Oops...

    Frank blithered:

    > Nomen Nescio wrote:
    >

    > > You're befuddled by shoe tying and wiping your own ass fanboi, so
    > > things that amaze you don't really have any significance as far as
    > > intelligent life forms are concerned.

    > Oh? You're being able to... blah blah bah...

    I'm sorry you illiterate butt-canker, but the fact that your inbred
    ass can't discriminate between "your" and "you're", and your
    excessive lack of anything even vaguely representing originality,
    have caused me to discard the bulk of your dick dribbling unread.

    Go ahead and try again if you think you can manage a Lix index
    above 3.5 or so sonny. Maybe I'll even give you more consideration
    than you're due.

    But don't count on it. *snicker*

  15. Re: Oops...

    Anonymous wrote:

    > Frank blithered:
    >

    >>Nomen Nescio wrote:
    >>

    >>>You're befuddled by shoe tying and wiping your own ass fanboi, so
    >>>things that amaze you don't really have any significance as far as
    >>>intelligent life forms are concerned.

    >>Oh? You're being able to... blah blah bah...

    > I'm sorry you illiterate butt-canker, but the fact that your inbred
    > ass can't discriminate between "your" and "you're", and your
    > excessive lack of anything even vaguely representing originality,
    > have caused me to discard the bulk of your dick dribbling unread.

    I see you got the message butt-munch...LOL!
    And guess what asshole...this is not an English grammar or spelling ng.

    > Go ahead and try again if you think you can manage a Lix index
    > above 3.5 or so sonny.

    Is that your claim to fame dickhead?

    Maybe I'll even give you more consideration
    > than you're due.

    Maybe you should go fukk yourself loser.

    > But don't count on it. *snicker*

    Yeah big "snicker" moron...LOL!
    Frank

  16. Re: Oops...

    "Nomen Nescio" wrote in message

    Hi cretin!

  17. Re: Oops...

    "Stephan Rose" wrote in message
    news:ZeOdneVigYU_IUTanZ2dnUVZ_oPinZ2d@giganews.com ...

    > I've been using MS Office since the day it came out until MS Released
    > Vista. So yes, I am in a position to judge. I've used it for sufficient
    > years I do believe.

    Do you mean office2007 as vista is an OS and nothing to do with office?

  18. Re: Oops...

    "Stephan Rose" wrote in message
    news:ZeOdneRigYUsTETanZ2dnUVZ_oPinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    > On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 19:37:36 +0000, dennis@home wrote:
    >
    >> "Stephan Rose" wrote in message
    >> news:ULGdnQTqfLudvETanZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@giganews.com ...

    >>> Ok WTF do you want OO to do for you for crying out loud? I'm sick and
    >>> tired of hearing this whole "OO isn't the same quality as Office".
    >>>
    >>> Man, I've YET to come across a single one thing that OO can't do that I
    >>> need.

    >> I agree as it happens, OO is a lot better now than it was. If I didn't
    >> have M$ office I would use OO. I wouldn't throw M$ office away just to
    >> use OO as I am more used to M$. I have certainly advised people to
    >> download and use OO and will continue to do so.

    > Agreed, I mean I know there is the odd feature that MS Office has that OO
    > doesn't. But...I've yet to actually come across someone that uses
    > something like that.
    >

    >>> I'm not going to comment on Database as MS Access is just atrocious and
    >>> the only database I'm willing to work with anyway is MySQL. So in
    >>> either office suite I have no need for the database crap.

    >> I use SQL server myself, works quite well and is free.

    > True, I've used SQL Server myself too in the past. Good product, works
    > quite well. It's only flaw is that it requires a windows server. =)

    Its running on this notebook ATM. 8-)
    Don't tell Peter as he thinks windows can't work and him knowing its running
    on a notebook and SQL server and networking and VS2005 all at the same time
    is going to be to much for him.

    >>> Presentation I'll leave open for debate, I generally don't have a need
    >>> for pretty little slides. I can't make a comparison here.
    >>>
    >>> So those two are irrelevant to me in either office suite so I'll just
    >>> compare the two things I use:
    >>>
    >>> I need to write a letter? No problem, I can write all the letters I
    >>> want with OO. I don't even have a problem opening MS Office documents,
    >>> the new docx from 2008 included. Opens perfectly fine.
    >>>
    >>> I need to do a spreadsheet to calculate something? No problems either.
    >>>
    >>> So WTF else do you want it to do? Cook your food, clean your house,
    >>> wash the car and suck your dick?
    >>>
    >>> I mean seriously....

    >> Run macros?

    > Actually, OO has support for macros.

    But different macros. 8-)
    OO is not a lot of use if the company uses templates with word macros in.
    OO isn't a lot of good if your customers send in tender requests with word
    macros in either.
    Sorry Mr. Customer but I reformatted your tender to remove the macros so now
    your automated checker wont work and you can read all xxxx pages yourself
    goes down really well.

    Likewise if they send in one in OO format it doesn't help to send it back in
    word.

  19. Re: Oops...

    "Nomen Nescio" wrote in message

    Hi cretin!

  20. Re: Oops...

    On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:55:58 +0000, dennis@home wrote:

    > "Stephan Rose" wrote in message
    > news:ZeOdneVigYU_IUTanZ2dnUVZ_oPinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >

    >> I've been using MS Office since the day it came out until MS Released
    >> Vista. So yes, I am in a position to judge. I've used it for sufficient
    >> years I do believe.

    > Do you mean office2007 as vista is an OS and nothing to do with office?

    No I mean Vista. I realize Vista has nothing to do with Office, however
    in my case there actually is a connection.

    Up until MS released Vista, I used windows and MS Office When MS released
    Vista, I moved away from windows and therefore also MS Office.

    Hence the connection to Vista.

    --
    Stephan
    1986 Pontiac Fiero GT