Thunderbird Problem - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Thunderbird Problem - Ubuntu ; Thunderbird ignores messages from a certain mailing list (and maybe other messages, as well). However, on my Windows box, all messages are downloaded properly. Any ideas as to why this may be true? Messages stay on the server for at ...

  1. Thunderbird Problem

    Thunderbird ignores messages from a certain mailing list (and maybe
    other messages, as well).

    However, on my Windows box, all messages are downloaded properly.

    Any ideas as to why this may be true?

    Messages stay on the server for at least 7 days.

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish...
    -- Euripides

  2. Re: Thunderbird Problem

    Juan Wei wrote:
    > Thunderbird ignores messages from a certain mailing list (and maybe
    > other messages, as well).
    >
    > However, on my Windows box, all messages are downloaded properly.
    >
    > Any ideas as to why this may be true?
    >
    > Messages stay on the server for at least 7 days.

    Have you by any chance got the 'Junk Mail Control' (Tools) option
    enabled on the Linux version and not on the windows one.

    Geoff Lane

  3. Re: Thunderbird Problem

    Juan Wei wrote:
    > Thunderbird ignores messages from a certain mailing list (and maybe
    > other messages, as well).
    >
    > However, on my Windows box, all messages are downloaded properly.
    >
    > Any ideas as to why this may be true?
    >
    > Messages stay on the server for at least 7 days.

    Look in you Junk folder. They may be there. If so, you can train
    Thunderbird what to place there and what to leave out.

    arnold

  4. Re: Thunderbird Problem

    On 2008-02-29, Geoff Lane wrote:
    > Juan Wei wrote:
    >> Thunderbird ignores messages from a certain mailing list (and maybe
    >> other messages, as well).
    >>
    >> However, on my Windows box, all messages are downloaded properly.
    >>
    >> Any ideas as to why this may be true?
    >>
    >> Messages stay on the server for at least 7 days.

    > Have you by any chance got the 'Junk Mail Control' (Tools) option
    > enabled on the Linux version and not on the windows one.

    Thunderbird does not junk stuff on its own, it needs to ne trained to junk
    it.

    I would suggest that the OP checks the MS Windows config against the Linux
    one. Are they the same.

    Out of the box Thunderbird is nothing without some config. ;-)

  5. Re: Thunderbird Problem

    On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 03:59:21 +0000, Gordon wrote:

    > Thunderbird does not junk stuff on its own, it needs to ne trained to
    > junk it.
    >
    > I would suggest that the OP checks the MS Windows config against the
    > Linux one. Are they the same.
    >
    > Out of the box Thunderbird is nothing without some config. ;-)

    Thunderbird will junk certain messages until you train it not to. I've
    had it happen. However, I have moved on to something else.

    --
    Vance Howard
    vhoward1122atgmaildotcom

  6. Re: Thunderbird Problem

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:18:53 -0500, Juan Wei wrote:

    >> other messages, as well).

    > What a dummy! :-) I had a filter!! Sorry for the interruption.

    You friggin Win-droids sure are dumb.