Scanner Servers - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Scanner Servers - Ubuntu ; I have a multifunction HP printer connected to a Linux Ubuntu computer. Printer functions work fine across the network with XP, Vista and another Linux machine able to access it. I'm having limited success with the scanner, obviously works fine ...

  1. Scanner Servers

    I have a multifunction HP printer connected to a Linux Ubuntu computer.

    Printer functions work fine across the network with XP, Vista and
    another Linux machine able to access it.

    I'm having limited success with the scanner, obviously works fine on he
    host machine but I cannot, for the moment, seem to get the saned daemon
    working properly.

    My question is; does CUPS provide scanner services or do I need to use
    saned.

    Geoff Lane

  2. Re: Scanner Servers

    Geoff Lane wrote:

    > My question is; does CUPS provide scanner services or do I need to use
    > saned.

    CUPS is only for printing, you need saned.

    Florian