Linux in a P1510 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Linux in a P1510 - Ubuntu ; Does anyone here have Ubuntu running on a Fujitsu-Siemens P1510 Lifebook (tablet style sub notebook). Ampers...

  1. Linux in a P1510

    Does anyone here have Ubuntu running on a Fujitsu-Siemens P1510 Lifebook
    (tablet style sub notebook).

    Ampers

  2. Re: Linux in a P1510

    Ampers Taylor wrote:
    > Does anyone here have Ubuntu running on a Fujitsu-Siemens P1510
    > Lifebook (tablet style sub notebook).

    I don't know what you've googled

    http://samengstrom.com/nxl/6968/linu...0_page.en.html Linux runs
    rather well on the Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook P1510 laptop/tablet PC. Here
    are some details.

    http://www.xmission.com/~bmidgley/p1510/ Some of this stuff has been
    compiled together for Ubuntu. That's what I'm using. - I started with
    some encouraging news from Sam Engstrom and made a few breakthroughs:

    --
    Mike Easter

  3. Re: Linux in a P1510

    "Mike Easter" wrote in message
    > Ampers Taylor wrote:
    >> Does anyone here have Ubuntu running on a Fujitsu-Siemens P1510
    >> Lifebook (tablet style sub notebook).

    > I don't know what you've googled
    >
    > http://samengstrom.com/nxl/6968/linu...0_page.en.html Linux runs
    > rather well on the Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook P1510 laptop/tablet PC. Here
    > are some details.
    >
    > http://www.xmission.com/~bmidgley/p1510/ Some of this stuff has been
    > compiled together for Ubuntu. That's what I'm using. - I started with
    > some encouraging news from Sam Engstrom and made a few breakthroughs:
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Great question. I should have bookmarked it but there is a site out there
    that lists tablets and linux distros that have worked (with links to how to
    get it running.) I'm considering giving it a go. It turns out my 50 yo
    eyes are a little questionable for the tiny screen of an eee or cloudbook.
    It's tough finding that compromise between small enough to carry and big
    enough to see.

    Oh, for the OP... google is my friend,

    http://tuxmobil.org/tablet_unix.html

    It looks like the same links as Mr. Easter had.

    Ed

  4. Re: Linux in a P1510

    Ed Edelenbos wrote:

    > I'm considering giving it a go. It
    > turns out my 50 yo eyes are a little questionable for the tiny screen
    > of an eee or cloudbook. It's tough finding that compromise between
    > small enough to carry and big enough to see.

    I'm thinking it might be somewhere around 10". There are rumors of an
    HP cooking.

    It would be nice if it could have a gig of ram and especially nice if
    you could choose between a hdd and a reasonable size flash/ssd, like 8G
    and I think you need to be up to at least 95% of a fullsize keyboard.

    LT's and other portables make me crazy. The only thing going for them
    is their portability, and that's the real nut. It seems I could
    design/build my own little 'transportable', something like the DSL^1
    damnsmalllinux with an external PS. The PS could be a combo ACadapter
    battery. Most of the time I'm in an airport, there's a plug available
    in the waiting area, on the airplane you would go with the battery in
    the bag under your feet.

    The problem is having a portable monitor/screen which isn't a LT but is
    small and easily setup and packable and about 10" or so and not cost
    $400 instead of $100 or so. I think I would like for my keyboard to be
    full size and rollable or foldable and to use a mouse not some kind of
    touchpad.

    ^1 http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/mini.html John's cheap little mini

    --
    Mike Easter

  5. Re: Linux in a P1510

    Ampers Taylor wrote:

    > Does anyone here have Ubuntu running on a Fujitsu-Siemens P1510 Lifebook
    > (tablet style sub notebook).
    >
    > Ampers

    Have you checked out ...

    http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/fujitsu.html

    One of the links from that page ...

    http://samengstrom.com/nxl/6968/linu...0_page.en.html

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    Q: What OS is built for lusers?
    A: Which one requires running lusermgr.msc to create them?

    My Killfile List: Frank, dennis@home ... Sorry, won't be able to read your
    BS any longer.

  6. Re: Linux in a P1510

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Ed Edelenbos wrote:
    >
    >> I'm considering giving it a go. It turns out my 50 yo eyes are
    >> a little questionable for the tiny screen of an eee or cloudbook.
    >> It's tough finding that compromise between small enough to carry
    >> and big enough to see.

    > I'm thinking it might be somewhere around 10". There are rumors
    > of an HP cooking.

    Hah. I used to have no trouble with an 8 inch Kaypro screen at
    55. Now I have problems with things spread all over a 19 inch
    display. Avoid aging.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  7. Re: Linux in a P1510

    CBFalconer wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:

    > Avoid aging.

    Yeah, all we have to do is die sooner/faster.

    That idea has advantages and disadvantages. Like any equation/problem,
    both sides should be considered.

    --
    Mike Easter

+ Reply to Thread