    I am having a bit of difficulty installing Ubuntu. HD4 is ware I want
    the bootloader to be installed but when I enter it in the advanced
    option it still tries to install it on HD0. This really messes things
    up, because that is my Windows Vista install on a RAID 0. I have to
    have the bootloader on the drive that Ubuntu is installed on.

    Any help greatly appreciated,

    Shane Davenport

  2. Re: Bootloader on a specific drive?

    On 2008-02-24, Shane Davenport hit the keyboard and wrote:

    > I am having a bit of difficulty installing Ubuntu. HD4 is
    > ware I want the bootloader to be installed but when I
    > enter it in the advanced option it still tries to install
    > it on HD0. This really messes things up, because that is
    > my Windows Vista install on a RAID 0. I have to have the
    > bootloader on the drive that Ubuntu is installed on.

    I'm not sure, but maybe you have to set the *bootable" flag with
    this partition?

    Please use the "command-line" for this, sometimes "Gui's"
    seem to behave not as desired.

    Terminal > "sudo -s" > "grub" I doubt that grub will then
    not be installed in the drive *you* want.

    Or are you saying you can't install at all, and it stops
    there?

    I'm sure you know how to restore the MS-boot loader, in this
    case I let grub first install it to hd0 then you could use a
    live-CD for the setup you really want/need.

    > Any help greatly appreciated,
    >
    > Shane Davenport

    Dragomir Kollaric